1 Million Apple Device IDS Leaked, 12 Million Total Stolen in FBI Breach

Jamie Condliffe

Antisec has released 1 million Apple Unique Device Identifiers  (UDIDs), claiming that it obtained them after breaching an FBI computer. It also claims to have over 12 million IDs in total, along with user names, device names, cell phone numbers and addresses to go with them. This is very not good.

In a statement Antisec explains:
During the second week of March 2012, a Dell Vostro notebook, used by Supervisor Special Agent Christopher K. Stangl from FBI Regional Cyber Action Team and New York FBI Office Evidence Response Team was breached using the AtomicReferenceArray vulnerability on Java, during the shell session some files were downloaded from his Desktop folder one of them with the name of "NCFTA_iOS_devices_intel.csv" turned to be a list of 12,367,232 Apple iOS devices including Unique Device Identifiers (UDID), user names, name of device, type of device, Apple Push Notification Service tokens, zipcodes, cellphone numbers, addresses, etc. the personal details fields referring to people appears many times empty leaving the whole list incompleted on many parts. no other file on the same folder makes mention about this list or its purpose.
Antisec suggests that the FBI is using the information to track citizens. It's not clear, of course, whether any of these claims are true—but if they are, the NCFTA acronym in Antisec's file name could likely stand for National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance, which "functions as a conduit between private industry and law enforcement." If that's the case, it could mean Apple is feeding the FBI user data though the NCTFA, that the FBI is mining its own data... or something else entirely.

Either way, we won't be able to get any follow-up intel for a while, it sounds like; the hackers have refused to speak with journalists until our Gawker colleague Adrian Chen poses "with a huge picture of him dressing a
ballet tutu and shoe on the head, no photoshop." Which should also give you some sense of the type of people who have access to all your vital data.

To see if yours was one of the million that's been released  so far, head over to TNW's database crosschecker. And remember, even if yours doesn't pop up, there are 11 million more where those came from. [Pastebin  via YCombinator  via The Next Web]
Source : Gizmodo

It begins.

nerd.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hold up, let me put all of my real problems aside and throw on my tinfoil hat and destroy my iphone in hopes the FBI doesnt track my Google searches.

dont do dirt on the iphone

glad i have a blackberry that i miss calls on and cant text half my contact on :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom