10 Years - '99 Retro Air Jordan IV's

Have yours crumbled? - have you worn them to death? - have you kept them DS?...did you sell them? Mine are still wearable
smile.gif
but I only wear them a couple oftimes a year and store them correctly.

I remember visiting NY in May 99, catching The Phantom Menace
grin.gif
andseeing some blk/cmnt IV's in the window display of NikeTown...but I got told they'd sold out...I was devastated, it ruined my whole trip - my favouriteAir Jordan in OG colourways all wrapped-up in nigh-perfect retro (with a super looooong tongue heh) GONE.

So as soon as I returned to the UK I called Nike got some great news that they were releasing them here in June/July and then asked daily/hourly at my localFoot Locker...
roll.gif

I ended up getting the Blk/Wht in London's Clapham Foot Locker and the Blk/Cmnt in Birmingham Foot Locker. I clearly remember that nobody over here wasinterested and they just sat there on the shelves in both stores all sad n lonely, hahaha how times have changed.

wow @ phantom menace. that's a throwback. and yea i never got a pair of those beautiful white cement IV's. though i know they would not be as gloriful,i wish they would re-retro these soon so i can pick them up.

I was in college the year that the 99' retro IVs dropped. Back then, people were about having the most current Jordan instead of retros. They sat
on shelves at Champs sporting goods. A few months after release I bought a pair of each with my friends employeed discount. I also bought
two more pair of each from NTers. It was great having what seemed like a lifetime supply of true retro IVs, but with a family and a new carreer I had
no time to wear them. Instead of letting $3,000 worth of shoes crumble into piles of nothing, I sold them along with my other Jordans to other shoeheads
to enjoy and turned a heafty profit.

I'm still wating to get my hands on the white cement IV's. In '99 i had no money for shoes.But some day these will be mine.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I was in college the year that the 99' retro IVs dropped. Back then, people were about having the most current Jordan instead of retros. They sat
on shelves at Champs sporting goods. A few months after release I bought a pair of each with my friends employeed discount. I also bought
two more pair of each from NTers. It was great having what seemed like a lifetime supply of true retro IVs, but with a family and a new carreer I had
no time to wear them. Instead of letting $3,000 worth of shoes crumble into piles of nothing, I sold them along with my other Jordans to other shoeheads
to enjoy and turned a heafty profit.

eek.gif

Ah man, 10 years?

At the time, my sister and I wore the same size. Being the selfish person that I was, what was mine was mine, and what was hers was mine
laugh.gif
. I remember shegot her blk/cement pair from a storew called Just For Feet. I'm almost certain that franchise has gone under. I got my white/cement from Foot Locker onFordham Rd, in the Bronx.
pimp.gif

I went to Disney World that summer, and I wore the black/cements and my OG XIV lows for the whole trip. Ahh, the memories.

That's the best thing about collecting shoes (I'm not a collector). Almost anything else that you would collect (outside of sneakers) would take 10years just to DOUBLE in value. But these Jordans, on the other hand JUST made 10, and they have alreadyQUADRUPLED in value. I guess this is why every day you got someone waking up deciding to become a "sneakercollector".
smh.gif

had a couple of each, of course none purchased by myself directly since i was in 6th grade in 99. one of my white/cem DS crumbled, but other 2 blk/red'swere good to go. also had a beat white pair maybe i'll post pics later.

I got a pair of white cement IV's when the reto's came out. I paid $130 or so...they sat in my closet for 5 years. I wore them once. I had no idea thatthere were sneaker heads out there. I think I sold them on eBay for like $75 bux. People probably thought the listing was fake...nope, I was just an idiot.Haha.

Here's my pair. I'm the second owner. I love em to death. They're still wearable, but the paint is really crumbling. I need a new pair of 99's.

awww i wish i had this pair they are my favorite but jb really does need to start retroing good colorway j'z like these

Back
Top Bottom