10 Years Ago Today....the Chicago Bulls team set an NBA record by scoring 49 points. In one game.

Originally Posted by dreClark

They don't know about CJ, yungmatt.
I can only judge him from his time with the Clips out here in the leftcoast. Is he another streeball legend?
laugh.gif

I VAGUELY remember this game..once the bulls lost MJ it was a wrap..they have not been the same since..i still am a semi-Bulls fan just because..but i'vemoved on for the most part..

I don't know why, but I can remember watching this game perfectly. I've never been so pissed in my life.

laugh.gif
Corey Bejamin from Compton, CA.

Yeah, that roster was terrible. Bulls bandwagon resemble the results of a bomb scare.

Originally Posted by DonnieDarko67

Is this the same Charles Jones from Brooklyn? cause if so my uncle use to run with him back in the day.
Yeah, Charlie Jones.

Went to LIU.

Leading scorer in the nation
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Corey Bejamin from Compton, CA.
I actually got his autograph from the summer before he went to OSU when he played in the Pro-am games at The Pyramid. (CSULB I belive). Peopleused to jock dude SOOOOOO Hard. My god. He jumped mad high so of course, being the youngin' I was, I assumed he was league bound.

Mark Jackson too. And Pig Miller....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Couple others as well. I'll have to dig those up though

Corey Benjamin was supposed to be nasty...

Kornell David was the MJ of his native country....

Bill Wennington had a sandwich named after him...

I remember a headline that went something like "From the team of the '90's to the team of the 40's."

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

I remember that game..didn't know it was 10 years ago

I'm getting old!
yea for real though. now there are players 5 years younger than me in the league.

It was sad as hell that year. Went from on top of the World in 98' to that in one year. It was so hard/sad to watch Ron Harper, Toni, Bill Wennington andhell, even Randy Brown run up and down the court without MJ, Rodman or Pipp in there too....Man I wish they wouldn't have broken that team up. They couldhave played together for 2-3 more seasons....Don't really understand why Phil wanted to leave, he's coaching now with the Lakers...it's not like hestayed retired....MJ would have stayed if Phil stayed and Pip and Rodman would have stayed if MJ stayed....just sad...but I guess they just wanted to go out ontop....but still makes no sense because Phil came back a couple years later with LA, Pipp still played with Houston and Portland, then back to the Bulls....andRodman went to Dallas and LA...Jordan came back and played with the Wiz so they MOST DEF. could have kept that Bulls team together for 2-3 more seasons and gofor a 4-peat.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

It was sad as hell that year. Went from on top of the World in 98' to that in one year. It was so hard/sad to watch Ron Harper, Toni, Bill Wennington and hell, even Randy Brown run up and down the court without MJ, Rodman or Pipp in there too....Man I wish they wouldn't have broken that team up. They could have played together for 2-3 more seasons....Don't really understand why Phil wanted to leave, he's coaching now with the Lakers...it's not like he stayed retired....MJ would have stayed if Phil stayed and Pip and Rodman would have stayed if MJ stayed....just sad...but I guess they just wanted to go out on top....but still makes no sense because Phil came back a couple years later with LA, Pipp still played with Houston and Portland, then back to the Bulls....and Rodman went to Dallas and LA...Jordan came back and played with the Wiz so they MOST DEF. could have kept that Bulls team together for 2-3 more seasons and go for a 4-peat.
Are you kidding me? First of all from your second sentence you speak as if Wennington was like an Ilgauskus, he was just a scrub that fell in withthe right team. Second of all, don't blame it on Phil Jackson, blame it on Krause, he was the reason this team broke up. This team would have brokeneventually but Jackson wasn't the immediate reason.

Back
Top Bottom