$100K offered for Jordan-Russell charity duel

D-League owner sets stakes for 1-on-1Comment Email Print Share Associated Press LEHI, Utah -- The owner of the Utah Jazz's NBA Development League teamwants to see Michael Jordan go 1-on-1 against Bryon Russell one more time. Brandt Andersen is offering a $100,000 donation to the charity of the winner'schoice if he can get Jordan and Russell to play a game of 21. Jordan's jumper over Russell in Game 6 of the 1998 NBA finals gave the Chicago Bulls a 4-2series win over Utah. Jazz fans still insist Jordan pushed off Russell. During Jordan's Hall of Fame speech, he said he was motivated by Russell'strash talk toward him during his first retirement. Andersen says he has spoken to Russell and left a message for Jordan through a mutual friend. Andersen'ssuggestion: Jordan vs. Russell during halftime of the Utah Flash's home opener. Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press i saw this on espn and thought itwas funny i think jordan would still smash on russell

$100,000?
laugh.gif
Sike.

MJ would put 100 stacks on one hand of blackjack...
laugh.gif

They gotta up the ante just a little bit.

offering god the chance to please the desires of mere mortals/fans that will always have the lingering taste of defeat - just one more time. please.

MJ wouldnt do it, he has nothing to prove and too much to lose...russell is 6 yrs younger and probably plays everyday while jordan probably plays a little butspends more time making dumb decisions as a GM.

Jordan would laugh at bull like Max B for offerin that low amount. That's pocket money for MJ
laugh.gif

I don't care what the amount is, Jordan wouldn't do it.

He knows better.

Yeah, I'm a Jordan fan, but I don't think he's beating Russell today.

Personally, I'd be surprised if he won.

Jordan destroyed Russell twice on the greatest stage. 100K? Maybe for each point and Jordan would play but Russell doesn't have that dough. MJ would score21 straight on him, the guy is way too competitive. He would show up to game 20 lbs lighter and would put his elbow threw the rim word to vince. How about MJvs Kobe?

Originally Posted by truth 15

Jordan destroyed Russell twice on the greatest stage. 100K? Maybe for each point and Jordan would play but Russell doesn't have that dough. MJ would score 21 straight on him, the guy is way too competitive. He would show up to game 20 lbs lighter and would put his elbow threw the rim word to vince. How about MJ vs Kobe?

... no.

Originally Posted by truth 15

Jordan destroyed Russell twice on the greatest stage. 100K? Maybe for each point and Jordan would play but Russell doesn't have that dough. MJ would score 21 straight on him, the guy is way too competitive. He would show up to game 20 lbs lighter and would put his elbow threw the rim word to vince. How about MJ vs Kobe?

How bout you just delete your account.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

He knows better.

You can't be serious with yours?!
roll.gif

That would be the most attended D-league game in history. Anyway, I think MJ would do it, I mean listen to that HOF speech dude is HYPER competitive. Heck Ithink MJ would do it for free just to baptise Russell yet again.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

He knows better.

131981282.jpg

I think if Mike decided to do this and had a couple months he would train like Rocky. This dude is the most competitive organism in the universe. He would bedoing 3 a day practices until the showdown.

Raise it to 1 million, and he might listen. But I really doubt he would.

Actually, this wouldn't be a bad idea to add this to the All-star festivities.

Back
Top Bottom