*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

^ shooot I'm at the point mentally, where they can have them. give us dwight. d12 and mamba will garner us all types of attention from free agents and whatnot. we grab dwight, pick up a decent pf, just a decent, they dont have to be great with d12 in the paint, and a solid pg, somebody that can pass, and wont turn the ball over, and we're good. i'm sure dwill would find his way to us next summer on the humble.

I was skeptical on giving up Pau but now add him to the Drew for D12 trade, while he still has some value. Turk could be that LO type for us. 

Turkoglu will NOT fit into the LO TPE and if we have Kobe and Dwight on the roster there is no possible way to sign DWill as a FA. Kobe and Dwight would take up about 49 million in cap space alone.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Not making the playoffs? Yea right.... A little TOO much panic going on in here.

Once Bynum returns, his defensive presence alone is going to take pressure of Gasoft.

We have a new coach, new players. We are not going to mesh right away.

Are we going to be GOOD? I can't say, but we will make the playoffs for sure.

Hell, even if we do have a good overall season it doesn't mean anything. All that matters is what we do in the playoffs so as long as we get there and stay healthy that's all that matters.
Unfortunately teams have figured out how to handle Gasol. Actually they have figured out how to handle the Lakers front line. Gasol to me is no longer an effective offensive threat. Now Defenders are just going body him every time and push his soft @% out the paint. I see this dude struggled to get in his post position and has to take that 15-17 foot jumper of his. Kobe is on one leg and 8 fingers. He look like Wizard MJ out there. Fisher is washed. Our bench is crap. Luke Walton is pure trash.
mad.gif
tired.gif
The end is coming soon
do me a favor... shut up
laugh.gif
 its two games

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Turkoglu will NOT fit into the LO TPE and if we have Kobe and Dwight on the roster there is no possible way to sign DWill as a FA. Kobe and Dwight would take up about 49 million in cap space alone.

Well unfortunately, Orlando is going to include Turk in that Dwight deal there bud. They want to dump his salary. Sorry for being a bit optimistic when comparing Lamar and Turk. 
laugh.gif

Three things are going to change when Bynum comes back

1) Pau will go back to playing PF where he doesn't have to be as physical and can go back to being a finesse player. We've known Pau isn't the toughest player in the league, he wasn't the toughest when we won championships he won't need to be when Bynum is back.
2) We'll finally have our full roster (sans Caracter) and have some type of understanding what are rotations are. Remember Brown is still experimenting, I mean he put in Luke before Barnes yesterday for heavens sake. When Barnes came in he played well too, so hopefully by the fifth game he'll have some semblance of what our rotations will look like.
3) Our defense will be better. Yesterday we had a lot of help defense coming down from guards to help with penetration which left Sac's 3 point shooters open. With Bynum we have a cog that will contest most shots and the help won't be needed. I trust Brown's defense of system hopefully it will do wonders with a legit center to help protect the basket.

Also there has been a lot of negatives so far, but lets not overlook a few possitives....

1) Ebanks looks good and looks on the verge to become a legitimate starter. His jumpshot has surprised me and his defense is good.
2) Artest and Barnes looked good yesterday. Artest with the offense and Barnes with the strong defense (3 blocks)
3) Our bench of Murphy/(soon to be) McBob/Artest/Barnes/Blake (Hopefully Fisher) can do some work thats a strong hustle group with a few good shooters

Remember this is the worst it will be. Short training camp with a new coach and a bunch of new players with your third best player suspended for 4 games. I didn't expect much, I was happily surprised with the Bulls game and disappointed with the Sac game so i'm back to even.
It is a long season guys.....

Let's Go Lakers!!!!

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Well unfortunately, Orlando is going to include Turk in that Dwight deal there bud. They want to dump his salary. Sorry for being a bit optimistic when comparing Lamar and Turk. 
laugh.gif
That wasn't directed at you. It was in reference to those who want to absorb Turk with the trade exception we got in the Odom deal. Pau-Bynum for Dwight-Turk-Fillers would work numbers wise, but I'm not sure it makes us a better team. PG is the #1 issue that needs to be addressed.

Jim Buss believes Lakers have championship-quality team

PUBLISHED Monday, Dec 26, 2011 at 11:40 am EST

Sporting News
Text size
A
A
A
Most league observers have not been impressed with the Lakers’ offseason moves. Their trade for Chris Paul was nixed, they shipped a disgruntled Lamar Odom to Western Conference rival Dallas for next to nothing and they’ve been so far unsuccessful in their effort to land Dwight Howard. Jim Buss, the son of Lakers owner Jerry Buss, is now calling the personnel shots for the team and is taking the blunt of the blame.

But Buss believes the team is well-positioned to make a run at another title.

Though others may disagree, Jim Buss, left, believes the Lakers are a championship-caliber team. (AP Photo)
"I think we have a championship team, and that's without making another move," Buss told the Los Angeles Times.

Lakers legend Magic Johnson disagrees, insisting that the team, as it's currently constituted, is not championship-caliber.

But, Buss said, "I'm not as worried about this team making a run for the championship as maybe everybody else is. I know people are shook up and especially after Lamar left, but give it time."

Buss says, contrary to suggestions, he has no intention of packaging Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol in a trade for Howard.

"Where does this stuff come from?" Buss told the Times. "You'd have to be kind of silly to give up two All-Stars like that for Howard. Zero truth to it. We have never been asked for Andrew and Pau and we've never offered them. I think they know we'd either say no or they would sound crazy for asking."

Kobe Bryant is among those who are less than pleased with some of the organization’s decisions, most notably the Odom trade. ESPN reported Bryant was "livid at Jim Buss."

Responded Buss, "What is Kobe supposed to say? 'Thank God, we got rid of Lamar'? Of course he's going to be upset; everybody is going to be upset. Fans are upset and I'm right there with them. I'm a Lakers fan and I'm upset.

"But it's a business; decisions have to be made. Lamar felt deeply hurt he was being traded (in the proposed Paul deal). I'd feel the same way. It was a bad day and we expected him to miss practice because it was a bad day. I'm sure Pau was upset too. But it was more than that with Lamar.

yeah cus it's how you start in the regular season that matters in the playoffs in a strike shortened season. *98 knicks

just make the playoffs and get hot.

btw the 98-99 lakers started off 3-3, six games in. relax.

"Where does this stuff come from?" Buss told the Times. "You'd have to be kind of silly to give up two All-Stars like that for Howard. Zero truth to it. We have never been asked for Andrew and Pau and we've never offered them. I think they know we'd either say no or they would sound crazy for asking."

Damn so it was Kobe and Pau for Dwight.... not Bynum and Pau

illwill24:

…people keep on talking about Pau and Bynum for Howard, that is a dumb move and I'm glad at least the GM thinks the same
Why do people believe anything that they read like this? I mean, let's just say it was true that bus was shopping Pau and Bynum for Dwight. If that were true, what do you expect him to say? "Yes, we offered both of our front-line starters for Dwight Howard. Never went through, but yes, we offered." Imagine him saying that for a second. Pretty tough, right?

There is no way a GM would admit a trade proposal that still has the possibility of being thrown down on another table. C'mon, man. Just because he says it didn't happen absolutely does NOT mean it didn't happen. "I wouldn't lie to you. You don't believe me? Just ask me."
laugh.gif

Hmm... I wonder if Bynum will make the All-star team now that Yao is retired.

There are not many centers to choose from in the West.

Originally Posted by gaseousfashion

Hmm... I wonder if Bynum will make the All-star team now that Yao is retired.

There are not many centers to choose from in the West.

theres actually no center in the west that can put up numbers that bynum can so buss is right. 
laugh.gif

man you guys gotta look at the big picture
laugh.gif
the team doesn't get as much as two days off until mid January. that's why Luke is getting burn and Barnes catches a DNP or Ebanks gets yanked early. I can see every PG (including Goudelock) get some starts during the season. just chill, I can see this team being a combo of those Eddie Jones/NVE squads mixed with the back to back teams from a few years ago

Jim Buss is an idiot. He thought he could use the TPE immediately for a trade but 1. he did not have a guaranteed agreement in place and 2. He did not have a backup plan on how to use it later if no trades went through.
Also the TPE is not even big enough to take in big contracts like Hedo's.

So the pick and the TPE would only have been useful for a trade. Buss will probably let the TPE expire just like Sasha's and the Dallas pick is useless cause it is top 20 protected
eyes.gif

I have not even mentioned that he gave away Odom for nothing just like he gave away Sasha for nothing. Now he says it was not salary dump. I would take the salary dump excuse because if not then it is pure stupidity.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

OK....again...you really don't wanna swap Bynum/Pau for Dwight?
Just for D12.. No

Magic get: Andrew Bynum, Kevin Martin, Hasheem Thabeet, 2012 1st Round Pick from Lakers (Get $31.5 mil in contracts, Trade $37.7mil away)
Rockets get: Pau Gasol, Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, 2014 1st Round Pick from Lakers (Get $38.3mil in contracts, Trade $31mil away)
Lakers get: Dwight Howard, Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry (Get $32.4 mil in contracts, Trade $33.6 mil away)
laugh.gif
 What fantasy world do you live in?
You really think they're going to be able to get back Dwight Howard and 2 of Houston's 3 best players? 
laugh.gif

Actually not a fantasy world at all..

Remember in the CP3 deal when Houston agreed to trading Scola & Martin + Dragic and 1-2 other bench players just for Gasol, and without a pick either...

This gives them a pick. A PG, and SF. Along with the guy they really want in Gasol..

So there 1st & 2nd best player to get Gasol was real... But trading away their 1st, 2nd & 3rd players  for much more is not reality

F-O-H

Best I could come up with concerning the talk about DWill & D12 in LA...

Lakers get: D12, DWill, Ryan Anderson
Orlando get: Brook Lopez & Pau Gasol + 2014 1st Round from Lakers (fufills the Bynum & Gasol trade demand that Orlando wanted and dumps Hedo's salary)
Nets get: Bynum & Hedo + 2012 1st Round from Lakers 

Unlikely because if I was the Nets I would not take it, but it's really the most "fair" deal you could come up with that gives Lakers the 2 players they want and a fill in for Pau.

Back
Top Bottom