*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by LA KB24

i think we have a good team just our weak spot it the PG...we need a PG thats it

Is it possible Baron Davis injury isn't as serious as he's reporting? Maybe he wants to play for the Lakers or Knicks?
If Davis does become a Lakers, he might be extra motivated specially when he plays the Clippers. I heard Clippers owner use to call him out during games.

As long as we can upgrade the PG position!!!!!!

read the spoiler y'all some fools in believing that
laugh.gif

Got our eyes on Baron Davis… working out Troy Murphy… got Gerald Green… it's the second coming of the 'exciting as hell but not going anywhere' 90's Lakers.

That team had the new, fresh out the gate, unrefined Kobe; this team will have the older, championship pedigree, highly knowledgeable Kobe.

Oh, and Pau, who might beast in the playoffs (Celtics in 2010), and might not show up (Mavs).
laugh.gif

And Bynum, for at least 2/3 of the season every year.
laugh.gif

Im not buying this Clippers train... Are they a much better team than they were a week ago? UNDOUBTEDLY YES...

But let's not act like they are all of a sudden title contenders... They are not... I'm actually not in the least bit scared of the Clippers... Let's meet them in the playoffs.. Knock them out in 5, and show who is still is the LA team..

Troy Murphy can be a nice addition, we need decent backups for Drew and Pau. is Theo and Joe Smith still on the roster? we also need help at the PG position. hope BDiddy's injury is just a press release so teams would backout on him and we can pick him up..

^ That's what it is... We are missing 2 pieces.... A starting PG (Fish & Blake will be good off the bench.. Each could give 10 solid minutes off the bench)... And backup C.

McBobs as he is being called is a pretty good backup to Pau...  No LO by a longshot... But a solid back up..

Just so happens we'd have the PG & Center issue fixed if we were not screwed by Stern..

damn so lamar was traded for nothing and now appears sasha was as well, last year smh. these dudes in charge are a piece of work i swear

Originally Posted by Essential1

^ That's what it is... We are missing 2 pieces.... A starting PG (Fish & Blake will be good off the bench.. Each could give 10 solid minutes off the bench)... And backup C.

McBobs as he is being called is a pretty good backup to Pau...  No LO by a longshot... But a solid back up..

Just so happens we'd have the PG & Center issue fixed if we were not screwed by Stern..
Backup SG as well. I'm not trying to see Kobe have to score 25+ PPG and play 35 MPG this season.

Im not buying this Clippers train... Are they a much better team than they were a week ago? UNDOUBTEDLY YES...

But let's not act like they are all of a sudden title contenders... They are not... I'm actually not in the least bit scared of the Clippers... Let's meet them in the playoffs.. Knock them out in 5, and show who is still is the LA team..

The west is wide open,no dominant team. And what most are not talking about is the lakers not having Phil this year. To me that's gonna be a big deal adjusting to mike brown.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Backup SG as well. I'm not trying to see Kobe have to score 25+ PPG and play 35 MPG this season.
Kobe's going to play 33+ & score 25... Regardless of who is on the team.. And that's how I want it to be, and how it is supposed to be.. He is still a top 5 player in this league, and arguable the best player at his position still at 16 years... Kobe creates his own offense.. And will score 25 with relative ease 8 nights out of 10.. He's the number 1 option on the team..

I don't want to hear none of the Mike Brown garbage of Bynum is the number 1 option he kind of tries to throw under the radar..

Kapono... He's traditionally a 3.. But with Barnes & World Peace at the 3... Kapono will be filling in the 2..  At least how I imagined it

orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-dwight-howard-magic-trade-1216-20111215,0,813752.story
[h1]OrlandoSentinel.com[/h1][h2]Dwight Howard: My trade request 'still stands'[/h2]
By Josh Robbins

Orlando Sentinel

9:06 PM EST, December 15, 2011

[table][tr][td]Advertisement[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Dwight Howard could not have been more clear Thursday about his long-term intentions.

He is sticking by his request to be traded from the Orlando Magic.

"It still stands," Howard said.

Asked whether he fluctuates day to day, he answered, "There is no back-and-forth."

Howard's statements, responses to specific questions from the media after practice, came one day after Magic General Manager Otis Smith, in consultation with Magic CEO Alex Martins, turned down a blockbuster trade.

That deal would have sent Howard to the New Jersey Nets and brought, among others, center Brook Lopez from the Nets and swingman Gerald Wallace from the Portland Trail Blazers to Central Florida.

Magic officials say they hope they can change Howard's mind before the March 15 trade deadline.

But what remains unclear is whether the Magic front office actually believes there is a reasonable chance of a Howard change of heart.

Now that Chris Paul has been dealt — his trade from the New Orleans Hornets to the Los Angeles Clippers is official now — the focus of league officials and league analysts has shifted squarely on to the Magic's soap opera.

One of those analysts is Shaquille O'Neal, the previous franchise-cornerstone player to leave Orlando.

Now working for TNT, O'Neal signed a free-agent contract with the Los Angeles Lakers in 1996, leaving the Magic without any players in return.

"I'm going to be keeping my eye out on the Orlando situation," O'Neal told reporters during a TNT conference call Thursday.

"I'm anxious to see if they make the same mistake twice. They just built an arena for $550 million [actually $480 million], and I know there's trade talks about trading him or keeping him. But I think they should keep him. I don't really think management has been doing a good job with that situation."

Of course, keeping Howard is anything but simple for the Magic.

"They have tried to make trades to make that team better," TNT analyst Charles Barkley said. "Did they work? No, they didn't always work.

"They haven't worked out perfectly," Barkley added later. "I give Otis Smith credit. He's made a bunch of trades. They didn't work out now, but they're trying. I mean, everybody wants to go out and get a great player. But they don't grow on trees."

Acquiring Paul is not a option, obviously. And neither is acquiring Nets point guard Deron Williams, who seems perfectly content to hope that Howard is traded to New Jersey.

Smith has made some bold moves during the past week, and two of those moves boost the Magic's payroll after the team cut its salary-cap and luxury-tax figures by waiving Gilbert Arenas via the amnesty provision.

Glen Davis and Jason Richardson have been signed for four years apiece at a total of about $51 million.

Earl Clark re-signed Thursday, but his two-year deal is inexpensive. The contract is thought to be worth a bit more than $1 million per year and include a player option in the second year.

The Magic's key deadline for trading Howard is the March 15 NBA trade deadline.

If they don't trade him by then, they would risk losing him in free agency and receiving no one in return.

"Otis is going to be famous for making the Rashard Lewis deal and letting Dwight Howard go," O'Neal said. "So, hopefully, he doesn't let him go."

Right now, though, Howard sounds intent on leaving.

jbrobbins@tribune.com. Read his blog at OrlandoSentinel.com/magicblog. Subscribe to our Orlando Magic newsletter at OrlandoSentinel.com/joinus.

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2011, Orlando Sentinel

smile.gif
 I'm still hoping...I don't want pau and bynum but at this if you move both you will have a little room to sign a PG....I think march 15 D-12 is a laker. If he ends up being a net....
frown.gif

orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-dwight-howard-nets-trade-magic-1215-20111214,0,5443618.story
[h1]OrlandoSentinel.com[/h1][h2]Magic stand pat -- for now -- as Dwight Howard trade rumors heat up[/h2][h3]Smith denies reports that Howard is off the trade market[/h3]
By Josh Robbins

Orlando Sentinel

6:04 PM EST, December 14, 2011

It appears that the Orlando Magic have decided against trading Dwight Howard for now, because General Manager Otis Smith believes the same offers — and perhaps better ones — still will be available up until the March 15 NBA trade deadline.

And perhaps Howard will decide to remain with the Magic.

On Wednesday, the Magic passed up an offer from the New Jersey Nets that also involved the Portland Trail Blazers. Orlando would have received at least center Brook Lopez from the Nets and swingman Gerald Wallace from the Blazers. In addition to trading Howard, the Magic would have sent away small forward Hedo Turkoglu and point guard Chris Duhon and their large contracts.

“I don’t think there’s anything on the table that won’t be on the table three months from now,

I literally check for rumors 26 times a day hoping that some kind of trade is being worked on to salvage this frustrating off-season.
*sigh*... 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Take pics and throw them in here, if you don't mind, bro.
smile.gif

This!

I literally check for rumors 26 times a day hoping that some kind of trade is being worked on to salvage this frustrating off-season.
*sigh*... 
tired.gif

me too bro.  always keepin that glimmer of hope that we pull off something special
ohwell.gif

Nothing is going down until March guys, hopefully Drew doesn't get injured between now and then and also beasts out on the court.

Still it's a huge risk not dealing him and Pau now before he has a chance to go Stone Cold Steve Austin theme music on us. Dwight+Kobe and I still think we can at the very least get to the conference Finals and possibly out of the West this season, but that clown Jimmy is running the show who knows whats going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom