*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

Should LA pick up Nate Robinson?
sick.gif
No. Dude is a defensive liability and stand at 5'4

We need to stop picking up bums

Originally Posted by CP1708

My DMP's still haven't seen the light of day.
laugh.gif
If I had the money I woulda been out there grabbin more 11's, but the week of Christmas?
30t6p3b.gif

What size you wear bruh?
nerd.gif

Nate Robinson was just released by the Thunder. Homer pickup for me. Seattle guy, and UW Husky. But that second group needs some scoring. DO IT MITCH

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by knightngale

I wouldn't wear 11's even for free
sick.gif

Now that's crazy
crazy or ******ed?

anyways,.. lakers should go after nate... since arenas is no option...and fish is out cause he's resting or not playing cause it might put too much stress on his body.. dude is done.. they need to find a good or decent starting pg

Dream scenario still there

Drew/Pau/ Metta (or LO trade exception, which ever they want)/ One of our Rookie Guards/ 1st Rounder/ 2nd Rounder

-for-

D12/Hedo/Jameer/ Ryan Anderson.

clears up about $6million in cap for the Magic.. They get rid of 2 contracts that were not going to entice players to come to Orl (Hedo & Jameer). And get an exception to try and make a deal later on.

The Lakers would then be:
Jameer/DFish/ Blake
Kobe/Kapono
Ebanks/Hedo/Artest/Barnes
Ryan Anderson/McBob/Murphy
D12

Should be a good game. Good luck to you guys.

Chicago Bulls all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dream scenario still there

Drew/Pau/ Metta (or LO trade exception, which ever they want)/ One of our Rookie Guards/ 1st Rounder/ 2nd Rounder

-for-

D12/Hedo/Jameer/ Ryan Anderson.

clears up about $6million in cap for the Magic.. They get rid of 2 contracts that were not going to entice players to come to Orl (Hedo & Jameer). And get an exception to try and make a deal later on.

The Lakers would then be:
Jameer/DFish/ Blake
Kobe/Kapono
Ebanks/Hedo/Artest/Barnes
Ryan Anderson/McBob/Murphy
D12
That's the only way I would give up Bynum and Gasol.

^ It is a great trade for each team..

For the Magic: Gets rid of their 2 contracts that really hamstring them.. Gives them one of the best 4&5 combo in the league.. Takes $6million off the CAP. Gives them $8million in a trade exemption to make a deal... Gives them 4 draft picks in the next draft (not great picks, but if you scout wisely you can add serious depth to the bench, that is okay already)... Will have the opportunity to go after any of the 3 positions they need in Free Agency next year and will be an attractive market with having Pau & Bynum (Derron Williams & Ray Allen).. They will still be a playoff team with the trade..

For the Lakers: Gives them the best Center in the league... Gives us an above average Point Guard who knows how to work with our Center.. Gives us Ryan Anderson who is vastly underrated (doesn't replace Pau by a long shot) but will gives us 13 & 7 as a starter just based off of his play last year.. Makes our SF position extremely deep.. Moves DFish to the bench where I believe he will be effective... The amount of 3's we have can be moved to the 2 and 4 in short stints of a couple minutes if needed.. Also allows us to entertain deals more because all we are looking for is a legit backup 4 & 5 to put in a handful of minutes)..

Someone get this to Otis and Mitch/Jim

OR (say Magic don't budge on giving up D12)
We can attempt a sneaky way to get D12, but after the season.

Metta/McBob/Morris/Caracter/Blake + LO trade exemption + 2nd round pick  

-for-

Hedo/Jameer/ Ryan Anderson

(saves $9mil of cap for Magic)

And make it appear as if we are helping Magic free up cap space.. Then Magic will make serious attempts to acquire someone to keep D12.. If they fail then we decline Bynum's option, amnesty Luke when the new round of amnesty comes up next offseason and sign D12...

Let's say they succeed and they are able to get Derron Williams now with the cap space and D12 signs a long term exemption... 

It doesn't matter because we have now gotten a starting PG that we desparately need, a very good 6 man in Hedo, and a more than adequate backup 4. 

Our starting lineup is then   Nelson, Bryant, Ebanks, Pau, Bynum. Which is
pimp.gif

I'm in the Philippines for winter break, and I have to wake up at 6am to watch the game over here. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I think the Lakers will come out strong but just like most of our xmas day games, we will get killed....but anyway, GO LAKERS!!!!!!

^ It is a great trade for each team..

For the Magic: Gets rid of their 2 contracts that really hamstring them.. Gives them one of the best 4&5 combo in the league.. Takes $6million off the CAP. Gives them $8million in a trade exemption to make a deal... Gives them 4 draft picks in the next draft (not great picks, but if you scout wisely you can add serious depth to the bench, that is okay already)... Will have the opportunity to go after any of the 3 positions they need in Free Agency next year and will be an attractive market with having Pau & Bynum (Derron Williams & Ray Allen).. They will still be a playoff team with the trade..

For the Lakers: Gives them the best Center in the league... Gives us an above average Point Guard who knows how to work with our Center.. Gives us Ryan Anderson who is vastly underrated (doesn't replace Pau by a long shot) but will gives us 13 & 7 as a starter just based off of his play last year.. Makes our SF position extremely deep.. Moves DFish to the bench where I believe he will be effective... The amount of 3's we have can be moved to the 2 and 4 in short stints of a couple minutes if needed.. Also allows us to entertain deals more because all we are looking for is a legit backup 4 & 5 to put in a handful of minutes)..

Someone get this to Otis and Mitch/Jim

OR (say Magic don't budge on giving up D12)
We can attempt a sneaky way to get D12, but after the season.

Metta/McBob/Morris/Caracter/Blake + LO trade exemption + 2nd round pick  

-for-

Hedo/Jameer/ Ryan Anderson

(saves $9mil of cap for Magic)

And make it appear as if we are helping Magic free up cap space.. Then Magic will make serious attempts to acquire someone to keep D12.. If they fail then we decline Bynum's option, amnesty Luke when the new round of amnesty comes up next offseason and sign D12...

Let's say they succeed and they are able to get Derron Williams now with the cap space and D12 signs a long term exemption... 

It doesn't matter because we have now gotten a starting PG that we desparately need, a very good 6 man in Hedo, and a more than adequate backup 4. 

Our starting lineup is then   Nelson, Bryant, Ebanks, Pau, Bynum. Which is
pimp.gif

I am ALL for getting Howard, but not at the expense of Gasol+Bynum. If you trade them both for Dwight who can create their own offense outside of Kobe? We'd be the Magic + an aging Kobe. Why would Dwight want to stick around? The only way I can see a deal with just us and ORL getting done is if it is Bynum+ fillers and picks for just Dwight. Our TE won't fit Turk. And the Magic won't want Artest or Walton in any trade. So it would probably have to include some other teams.

And the 2nd idea of trying to sign D12 as a FA wouldn't work because we'd still be over the cap.
Kobe, Fish, Pau, Turk, Nelson, Anderson = 71 mil. Approximately 13 mil over the cap.

One of the craziest ideas that I've seen was to amnesty Kobe, trade Gasol and Bynum seperately for expirings + youngs players and try to sign Dwight and Dwill outright.

p-449148-los-angeles-lakers-colorblock-2010-plush-christmas-stocking-cotg-nbastkcb2010-lal.jpg

Merry Christmas Laker fam!!! Hopefully Santa brings us a win today
grin.gif

I just want to see some effort today, but that might be asking for too much considering how the Lakers generally perform on Christmas day.
laugh.gif

Happy holidays everyone.

You know what, everyone knows how we are Christmas, but I'm'a go a different route. Coaching change, some personnel changes… here's hoping these new changes produce a new Christmas result.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

You know what, everyone knows how we are Christmas, but I'm'a go a different route. Coaching change, some personnel changes… here's hoping these new changes produce a new Christmas result.
smokin.gif

I want to believe!

^ same here.

It's 1:30 am already over here... just going to take a quick nap and be up at 6 am for the game. My iPhone's alarm better be working!
laugh.gif

Hope they don't change the commentators to the local guys here.
sick.gif

Merry Christmas, guys. Hopefully, the Lakers do show some effort. 

Hopefully ebanks wont feel nervous out there, would love to see the kid take full advantage of his new role on the team

Back
Top Bottom