*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Doubted them at first, but Murphy and McRoberts were actually pretty good pick ups. Goudelock and Ebanks playing well too
pimp.gif

Keep pushing, don't let up!!!! This team finally understands they might not be the most talented out there, so they got to win with heart and activity. McRob and Murphy showing me a lot!

This game is SLOPPY!!! But we are playing with a grit and determination I haven't seen in a LONG time. I like it!

Now it used to bother me a bit when phil would never react...it bothers me that Mike reacts to EVERYTHING!! LOL I just want a happy medium!

Jesus Blake misses a throw away wide open 3.

I'm immensely pleased with what I've seen from everyone. Except DFish & Blake.. Kobe's TO's don't bug me because it's Game 1 with very little preparation.

I wouldn't mind Goudelock being the Starting PG.. All we need from our PG is average offense and average defense..

Lakers did a good job scheming for Rose on defense.

Murphy rebounding well, McRoberts hustling and the other role players doing just enough (Blake, Ebanks, Goudelock).

Surprised we haven't seen Matt Barnes come off the bench today.

Is he injured or got some BS 1 game suspension for touching Blake Griffin in the last pre season game?

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Surprised we haven't seen Matt Barnes come off the bench today.

Is he injured or got some BS 1 game suspension for touching Blake Griffin in the last pre season game?
Simply just behind the depth chart.

MWP with a jump shot.
eek.gif

This is easily the most intense I've seen the Lakers play in a long time.

And yes, I'm just talking about this one game. I'm not saying we're going to be all intense all year. I'm not saying we're going to win the championship because the team is so intense.

I'm not saying anything other than this one game is the most intense Laker game I've seen in a long time, and that includes every playoff game last year.

Me likey.
smokin.gif

Kobe and the assistant coaches directing the huddle while Mike Brown watches, looks like LeBron and the Cavs all over again...

Loving how much heart this team is playing with, even without Bynum. I can only imagine when Bynum comes back.

Anyone know why Kapono isn't playing?

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

Kobe and the assistant coaches directing the huddle while Mike Brown watches, looks like LeBron and the Cavs all over again...
I saw that but I don't care as long as our defense is solid.

I don't mean to be Mr. Scrooge here but as great as Josh McRoberts has been playing.

Dude is just really a hustle player with no jumper.

He's like a slightly better version than Mark "Mad Dog" Madsen.

Pick and roll defense is 100% better than last year and that's the biggest difference I've noticed from Mike Brown's coaching.

I've been really surprised by our role players. Maybe Brown has something to do with that too, engaging them more than Phil did.

Pau needs to step up on open guys.. He should have contested Brewer.. When he fakes the contest and backs off he gives Brewer and easy 7 footer.

Back
Top Bottom