*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Regardless of our record, a lot of good things coming out of players that not many of us expected. Murphy is playin hard for us out there, his energy is much appreciated. McRoberts athleticism is exactly what we need on this team...we needed youth, speed, and hops and he brings that. You can definitely tell Blake practiced his shot hard this off-season, and I appreciate that.
Its only been 3 games, and were still only 1-2...but we're gonna get on a roll eventually. For now, regardless of our record I'm happy with the energy. Our defense is lookin sharp so far too. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by gaseousfashion

Murphy and McRoberts are going to be good off the bench.

This.  I'm excited for what tese guys bring to the table.  i appreciate the effort and heart.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Regardless of our record, a lot of good things coming out of players that not many of us expected. Murphy is playin hard for us out there, his energy is much appreciated. McRoberts athleticism is exactly what we need on this team...we needed youth, speed, and hops and he brings that. You can definitely tell Blake practiced his shot hard this off-season, and I appreciate that.
Its only been 3 games, and were still only 1-2...but we're gonna get on a roll eventually. For now, regardless of our record I'm happy with the energy. Our defense is lookin sharp so far too. 
smokin.gif

This. Throw in Ebanks in the mix, you can tell he's much more confident. He's gonna be a great contributor as the season goes on.

denni5themenace:
#teamgivemikebrownachance
pimp.gif

On it.
smokin.gif
I can see that he preaches intensity and defense, I've heard that he's very meticulous, and has practices already planned out down to the minute (I'm the exact same way), and I love what I've seen so far between him and Kobe. They seem to be feeling each other, which is obviously important. #letthatboycoach
laugh.gif

i enjoy seeing mike involved in the game. running up and down the sidelines and praising the guys when they do well. pau made a shot on the timeout mike hugged him lol. its amazing what a little positive reinforcement can do for a player. he uses timeouts well so far, and doesnt just let the guys play through slumps like PHil did, if it starts getting reckless he makes a call. i like that. dont wait until we go all the way cold and are down 15 (after being up 20) to call a timeout. and the way he uses kobe is pretty decent so far too. so far i'm satisfied with what i've seen from coach

I'm surprised with the Lakers defense, i mean we can already see the improvement even with little time to practice and everything.. that's saying something,right?

People are sleeping on the Lakers, what a year can change. I think the Lakers will play for the west championship and once they get there no telling what they can do.

Once the coaching staff plus the new guys gets some more time to gel this season, the Lakers will be alright. We need a young athletic point guard BAD though
laugh.gif
 That should be the Lakers' first priority.  

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Bah humbug. He's our coach but I'll continue to be critical of him throughout the season. 

This. You dudes are still up on him and we have a 1-2 record? Too optimistic for my blood seeing how the offense needs a ton of work. The Jazz were playing terrible last night our D helped but they couldn't hit !@#%.

You dudes are still up on him and we have a 1-2 record?

Why wouldn't I be? That's 3 games. One. Two. Three. Of 66. Our starting Center is benched, and we're one bad pass away from being 2-1.
Not to mention, Kobe only played 30 minutes in the Utah game and we held them to 71 points!

I wasn't big on the Mike Brown signing from the start, but I've definitely warmed up to it. Somebody already said that he had the #1 defense in the league with guys
like Varejao and Illgauskas...imagine what he'll be able to do with the talent on our squad.

Just give the team time to gel.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Get a decent starting point guard for the exception and we'll be good. Forget this Dwight talk for now.

i agree but who can we get though?

Originally Posted by heemsta

Get a decent starting point guard for the exception and we'll be good. Forget this Dwight talk for now.

I know he didn't look good last night but what about Devin Harris?

One thing I like about Mike Brown is that he tries to use peoples strengths on offense as oppose to Phil Jackson forcing players to fit his scheme. Metta will be in the running for 6th man this year..

Enough with the Dwight talk. It's just gonna end up like the KG, J-Kidd, CP3 trade talks from before

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

Originally Posted by heemsta

I know he didn't look good last night but what about Devin Harris?

One thing I like about Mike Brown is that he tries to use peoples strengths on offense as oppose to Phil Jackson forcing players to fit his scheme. Metta will be in the running for 6th man this year..
Forcing players to fit Phil's scheme? The guy produced championships. Whatever it takes! Let's not implement our current coach's name and Phil Jackson in the same sentence, please. 
laugh.gif
 It's a bit blasphemous. 
Although, I agree with you on Harris. But can we get him? He was the vocal point of the D.Will trade. 

Originally Posted by DTruth07

Enough with the Dwight talk. It's just gonna end up like the KG, J-Kidd, CP3 trade talks from before

i'd seperate cp3 from those names as they did make a move on him, they just got screwed.

but i agree with you completely.  if it happens it happens but im not taking any of the dwight talk seriously until dwight howard is on the court in a laker jersey wearing vlades old number.

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

#teamgivemikebrownachance
pimp.gif

From the start I was with him...
Is that thread still active where we actually picked which side we were on when it came to mike brown? 
laugh.gif
 That was comedy! 

Back
Top Bottom