*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by iLLbanianKid13

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Kobe going for 50 shots tonight !! mark these words.

Fixed.

bet my wife on it....paid 40 g's for her.
Pics or duck tales. 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
 Who cares how many points he drops. I'm just hoping for a win. Then again, it's in the Rose Garden. 

here is the link for westcoastsfinest and anyone else that wants to see what 40 g's cost the troll and below is a small gem from that post

i just sa this and i can't belive you ar asking all this ppl 4 your *$#@ that u can't deal with your f...k wife if u will aks a kid he will respond that and this is ARGJIRA the girl ho love to have a privacy with here husband ... ....let me tell you this your famelly is your famelly ,im your wife u can lose me but never your famely . and just to let all this ppl know that im not a B....H with your parents thay startet first i dont want problems animore and have another aborte again ... I left all my famelly just 4 you and u can"t be a men a ackt like a husband and have your one place u cant live tham 2 blloks from you is not that i dont like them the problem is i want my life i want to have some privacy if we are goin to live all together we are goin to have the same *$#@ problems your dad yell at me i naver say *$#@ i just put my had dawn and my tears start fallen ...
frown.gif
and thay look at me like a kid im a waman ... let me tell you this i know our @+%##%@ traditoin i want my dad to where thay at ha ups a left them home, you think thay dont need my halp ha tell me know i come here just 4 you .. and .u want to live me becouse you dont want to pay rent and !++%++$* thay dont need your halpp thay can pay that @+%##%@ rant ... you want to leave me four this *$#@ shame on you man u shuda think this before u got that ring on my finger ..... 1 i dont want to live all together becouse 1. i dont want to cook when i come home tierd 2. thay can here us havin s...x 3. when i goo in the bath i want to goo with u 4.i cant have friends over .5 i cant goo somewhere with my girlfriends besouce your dad is goin to tell you u dont live your wife goin aot alone 6. i want to invite my famely to my one place i want them to be comfortable four a month when i have my first baby ....
smile.gif
im not gona be happy so thing before you doo *$#@ like that and is so stupid when i sa that is time to live her smah ....... i have a chance that i will be a milioner that will ask 1 house i will have 3 not one..... but this is love is not abaut many i love you i want you thats why im with you with none of my famely close to me when i need them im just asking you one favore like a wife make me happy with this love that i have four you Husband
frown.gif

Originally Posted by go rilla

here is the link for westcoastsfinest and anyone else that wants to see what 40 g's cost the troll and below is a small gem from that post

i just sa this and i can't belive you ar asking all this ppl 4 your *$#@ that u can't deal with your f...k wife if u will aks a kid he will respond that and this is ARGJIRA the girl ho love to have a privacy with here husband ... ....let me tell you this your famelly is your famelly ,im your wife u can lose me but never your famely . and just to let all this ppl know that im not a B....H with your parents thay startet first i dont want problems animore and have another aborte again ... I left all my famelly just 4 you and u can"t be a men a ackt like a husband and have your one place u cant live tham 2 blloks from you is not that i dont like them the problem is i want my life i want to have some privacy if we are goin to live all together we are goin to have the same *$#@ problems your dad yell at me i naver say *$#@ i just put my had dawn and my tears start fallen ...
frown.gif
and thay look at me like a kid im a waman ... let me tell you this i know our @+%##%@ traditoin i want my dad to where thay at ha ups a left them home, you think thay dont need my halp ha tell me know i come here just 4 you .. and .u want to live me becouse you dont want to pay rent and !++%++$* thay dont need your halpp thay can pay that @+%##%@ rant ... you want to leave me four this *$#@ shame on you man u shuda think this before u got that ring on my finger ..... 1 i dont want to live all together becouse 1. i dont want to cook when i come home tierd 2. thay can here us havin s...x 3. when i goo in the bath i want to goo with u 4.i cant have friends over .5 i cant goo somewhere with my girlfriends besouce your dad is goin to tell you u dont live your wife goin aot alone 6. i want to invite my famely to my one place i want them to be comfortable four a month when i have my first baby ....
smile.gif
im not gona be happy so thing before you doo *$#@ like that and is so stupid when i sa that is time to live her smah ....... i have a chance that i will be a milioner that will ask 1 house i will have 3 not one..... but this is love is not abaut many i love you i want you thats why im with you with none of my famely close to me when i need them im just asking you one favore like a wife make me happy with this love that i have four you Husband
frown.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What a fraud. Good find go rilla.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

You guys ask them where they went, they show up, throw some stats out, then you call them trolls.

laugh.gif

Exactly.

I still haven't seen one person tell me why Kobe Bryant is any greater than Paul Pierce.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I can't stop laughing at Ron Artest was the Finals MVP.  And then others will say Pau.  Hey, what about Fish's game 3, maybe he should get a share of the MVP of that finals too.  What about Sasha's free throws? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I find it funny that in 16 years, Kobe has never been the best player on his own team.  First it was Shaq, then it was Odom, then it was Pau, now it's Bynum......the thirst these guys must have searching for someone else to make 2 consecutive buckets so they can say they are better than Kobe. 
laugh.gif

Paul Pierce, 2008 Finals MVP, guarded by Luke Walton and Vlad Radmonovich.  Yup.  (Ariza was hurt that series, never got a chance to play healthy minus a few minutes here or there at the end)

Kobe, guarded by Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Tony Allen and James Posey. 

Gee, they are so similar.  Their careers are almost mirrors of each other. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cole, lemme answer your ridiculous Pierce question with the absolute biggest Celtic homer and Kobe hater in the world.  Bill Simmons.  He revised his book of basketball after the 09 finals.  He had Kobe ranked as high as 7-8 ALL TIME, and Pierce in the mid 50's.  That was BEFORE Kobe and the Lakers added another title.  Over Pierce. 

Again, read slowly, this is not me, this is Bill Simmons, biggest Laker hater on earth, Celtic Die Hard, makes jokes about 6-24 and Germany surgeries every day, ranks Kobe top 7-8, Pierce top 55ish. 

So similar, they are. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And then you guys say "Kobe has always locked down the opposing team's best player."

Originally Posted by MR J 858

But damn Kobe was rolling into Staples Center in one of these on Christmas day:

Wallpaper-2012-Lamborghini-Aventador-LP700-4-Amazing-Design.jpg

eek.gif

No he wasn't. That's the sesto Elemento, Kobe was driving a Aventador. Both beautiful cars, but a 2.5 million difference in price. 
This is kobe's car....

kobebryantlamborghini.jpg

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

AG 47:
Ironically, he used to lock down A.I.
Numbers and/or stats to support this claim, please?

And I'm not talking about stats that show Iverson's numbers 'went down a few points' whenever he played the Lakers; I'm talking about stats that show that he was 'locked down', since that's the phrase you used.

Thought you'd never ask.

1999-2000 Season:

In a February victory over the 76ers, Kobe shut down Allen Iverson, holding him to 0-of-9 shooting in the fourth quarter. It was this kind of effort that earned him a spot on the NBA’s All-Defensive First Team.

Iverson, averaging 30.9 points, finished with 16 after going 0 for 11 in the final two quarters against the taller (seven inches), longer and sufficiently quick Bryant.

Bryant made sure to slap a few exclamation points on the statement - he blocked Iverson's shot four times, including three swats in the final 8:17 as the Lakers fought back from a five-point deficit in the fourth.

2006-2007 Season, Playoffs:

Allen Iverson scored 51 points but he had just two in the fourth quarter as Kobe Bryant took over at both ends of the court to lead the Lakers to a 111-107 win in Denver.

He very effectively guarded Carmelo Anthony for the first half of the period and then he shut down Iverson in the last six minutes of the period, chasing him all over the court and holding him to two points.

2009-2010 Season:

Iverson netted 15 and at one point he scored 11 points in a row for the 76ers .In the fourth, Iverson scored six points but only two over the last eight minutes. That's because that's when Bryant was guarding him. Iverson is a half a step slower than he used to and that combined with Bryant's height advantage shut down the Answer.

So while Iverson torched LA in most cases, when Kobe Bryant took up the task of defending A.I., he struggled mightily.

What the hell are you even talking about?

First of all, the Lakers/Nuggets didn't play in the 2007 playoffs.
2007 was the year where Kobe Bryant's team got dominated by 2-time MVP Steve Nash in the playoffs. They got dominated because they didn't have any great players or a leader on the team, and were a 7 seed.

2008 playoffs: Lakers and Nuggets played, and I don't recall Iverson dropping 51 points in the playoffs.

Just like Ska mentioned... YOU GUYS IMAGINE THESE THINGS. You simply make up statistics/situations to glorify this guy. "HE SHUT DOWN IVERSON IN THE 2007 PLAYOFFS!!!" Well you know what, you can feed that to other "Lakers' fans" who will believe in anything, but you can't feed that to me.

And then you have the nerve to bring up a game in 2009-2010 when Iverson was way past his prime.

JUST STOP.

This just gets better and better.  Kobe Bryant has a higher shooting percentage than Paul Pierce. 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

And Kobe has taken like 6,000 more shots, meaning more chances for him to miss. 
laugh.gif

Paul Pierce has never, ever finished top 5 in MVP shares.  Kobe has 9 times. 

Pierce while having his own franchise his entire career til almost the age of 30, had his highest scoring average of 26.8.  Kobe has hit the 26.8 mark 8 times.  Including getting 30 a game the same year that another player on the Lakers was getting almost 30 a night as well.  Look it up, it is not easy to have 2 guys score 30 a night, just look at Wade and Bron's numbers last year.  It's hard to do.  Since Pierce guy will want to try and shoot holes all thru my argument, Kobe averages 9 out of 19 shots per game for his career, Paul is at 7 of 16. 

If you used the whole advanced stat craze taking over, Kobe is 17th all time in PER.  Paul is 49th. 

Last year as Kobe was getting older and older, and more and more hurt, with over 5,000 more minutes and over 200 more games played than Pierce, Kobe played a shade under 34 minutes a game, and averaged 25 a night with a PER of 23.9.  Pierce, played more minutes per night, at just a shade under 35 minutes, scroing 19 a night with a PER of 19.7.  Again, the one with more wear and tear on his body, played less minutes, produced better results. 

So yeah, they are REAAAAALLY close to each other in terms of career.  In the prime of his youth, Paul played in 11 playoff games from the age of 26-29, missing the playoffs 2 of those 4 years.  Kobe played in 12 playoff games in the 2 years he dealt with Walton/Kwame/and Smush as his starting unit.  Oh, and for what it's worth, Kobe played those years in the loaded West, Pierce played in the East, back when the East was a JV squad and was ripe for the taking.

Pierce never once has been All NBA, and has 2 player of the month awards.  Kobe has been all NBA 9 times, and player of the month 15 times. 

Oh but once Paul got 2 other franchise players, as well as a stud young PG, then he became a playoff legend. 
wink.gif

So close.  Mirrors of each other.  Almost the exact same career path.  Identical. 

So, Cole World, can we close the book on Paul Pierce today?  Or do you require more? 

Their percentages are VERY similar. A matter of a few tenths.

And your second statement is VERY stupid. "He's shot 6,000 more shots, which means he's had more chances to miss." That's why we're looking at PERCENTAGES, not quantity of missed shots.
indifferent.gif

All your points revolve around points. I DON'T CARE HOW MANY POINTS KOBE BRYANT SCORES.

"Their career paths are identical."  Just shutup, man. Did you miss the part where I said "Paul Pierce's first 9 seasons went to waste. Kobe Bryant came into the league with a prime Shaq for 8 years" ???

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Anyone who have DVR go back and watch 2001 Finals. When Kobe was locking down AI he frustrated the hell out of AI

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

2001 Finals:

Allen Iverson: 35 points per game on 41% shooting.

And he got "shut down."

YET... Kobe Bryant's career numbers in the NBA Finals are 25 points per game on 41% shooting... and he's clutch, great in the Finals, etc.

You Kobe fans are an absolute joke.

Kobe Bryant:

2000 NBA Finals: 15.5 points per game, 36.5% shooting.
roll.gif

2001 NBA Finals: 25 points per game, 41% shooting

2002 NBA Finals: 27 points per game, 51% shooting.

2004 Finals: 22.5 points per game, 38% shooting.

2008 Finals: 26 points per game, 41% shooting.

2009 Finals: 32 points per game, 43% shooting.

2010 Finals: 29 points per game, 41% shooting.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I mean come on, those numbers aren't HORRIBLE?

Dude had ONE good NBA Finals.

You guys wanna slurp Kobe and say he made Iverson struggle in the 2001 Finals.

Let's assume it's true... that's fine.

So why do you guys refuse to say that Kobe Bryant got shut down in 6 out of 7 Finals?

Kobe Bryant performed better than Iverson in ONE NBA Finals... and y'all talk about how Iverson got "shut down."

Okay... so Reggie Miller shut down Kobe in 2000.

Eric Snow or whoever shut down Kobe in 2001.

Chauncey/RIP/Tayshaun shut down Kobe in 2004.

Tony Allen/Paul Pierce/Ray Allen shut down Kobe in 2008.

Courtney Lee/Hedo/Pietrus/whoever shut down Kobe in 2009.

Paul Pierce/Ray Allen shut down Kobe in 2010.

Are you guys gonna argue this too?

Kobe Bryant is HORRIBLE in the NBA Finals.

Can you guys argue that?

Nope. Because you guys are gonna bring up the fact that his team won.... and that has A LOT more to do with his team than him.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread for now.

Kobe Bryant is nothing more than a MUCH luckier, less clutch Paul Pierce.

Whether or not you guys want to accept that... is up to you.

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Anyone who have DVR go back and watch 2001 Finals. When Kobe was locking down AI he frustrated the hell out of AI

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

2001 Finals:

And he got "shut down."

YET... Kobe Bryant's career numbers in the NBA Finals are 25 points per game on 41% shooting... and he's clutch, great in the Finals, etc.

You Kobe fans are an absolute joke.

Kobe Bryant:

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I mean come on, those numbers aren't HORRIBLE?

Dude had ONE good NBA Finals.

You guys wanna slurp Kobe and say he made Iverson struggle in the 2001 Finals.

Let's assume it's true... that's fine.

So why do you guys refuse to say that Kobe Bryant got shut down in 6 out of 7 Finals?

Kobe Bryant performed better than Iverson in ONE NBA Finals... and y'all talk about how Iverson got "shut down."

Are you guys gonna argue this too?

Kobe Bryant is HORRIBLE in the NBA Finals.

Can you guys argue that?

Nope. Because you guys are gonna bring up the fact that his team won.... and that has A LOT more to do with his team than him.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread for now.

Kobe Bryant is nothing more than a MUCH luckier, less clutch Paul Pierce.

Whether or not you guys want to accept that... is up to you.
Ignored.^ Troll. Go create your own thread about Kobe and how bad he is. Everyone in this thread already knows how much he shoots and how bad his percentages is.   Oh and about the 2007 Nuggets vs Lakers. Go look it up. They didn't play in the playoffs but they played regular season.

[table][tr][th=""]Denver Nuggets[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]STARTERS[/th][th=""]MIN[/th][th=""]FGM-A[/th][th=""]3PM-A[/th][th=""]FTM-A[/th][th=""]OREB[/th][th=""]DREB[/th][th=""]REB[/th][th=""]AST[/th][th=""]STL[/th][th=""]BLK[/th][th=""]TO[/th][th=""]PF[/th][th=""]PTS[/th][/tr][tr][td]Carmelo Anthony, SF[/td][td]44[/td][td]10-23[/td][td]0-3[/td][td]6-7[/td][td]3[/td][td]5[/td][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]3[/td][td]26[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kenyon Martin, PF[/td][td]34[/td][td]2-8[/td][td]0-0[/td][td]2-6[/td][td]2[/td][td]6[/td][td]8[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Marcus Camby, C[/td][td]39[/td][td]0-3[/td][td]0-0[/td][td]0-2[/td][td]4[/td][td]16[/td][td]20[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Allen Iverson, SG[/td][td]48[/td][td]18-27[/td][td]0-1[/td][td]15-18[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]8[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]4[/td][td]51[/td][/tr][/table]
Why you bringing up Steve Nash in a conversation about Kobe and A.I, anyways.

Cole:
2001 Finals:

And he got "shut down."

Kobe Bryant:

I mean, good point.

roll.gif

I just wanted to address only one point.. All the rest I don't care to bicker about... You do know in Game 2 he sprained his ankle and left the game scoring only 2 points in 9 minutes in that game..

He sat out game 3.

And in game 4 he won the game for the Lakers when Shaq fouled out.. Putting the Lakers up 3-1, instead of 2-2... Remember Game 3 the Lakers lost when Kobe missed the whole game due to his sprained ankle.

PER = points? Pretty sure PER is said to link points, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, and whatever else. Basically, points is one small piece of the pie. And Pierce is 32 spots below Kobe. IE, not close, nor similar. And while you try to make a good point about Kobe struggling in finals, where does AG say Kobe locked up AI in the finals? Ty Lue guarded AI that series, think the step over 3. He brought up specific games, not 01 finals. So what exactly is your locked up argument going to be now?

It's painful seeing these walls of text addressing the same issue for so damn long. I feel ashamed to ever have been apart of this nonsense.
Looking forward to this game, and talking about this game, and nothing related to past.

I don't know about some of you but I'm thinking about getting ready some 'did not read' .gifs for these arguments...!$$!+ getting carried away.

I can't stop laughing at Ron Artest was the Finals MVP.  And then others will say Pau.  Hey, what about Fish's game 3, maybe he should get a share of the MVP of that finals too.  What about Sasha's free throws? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I find it funny that in 16 years, Kobe has never been the best player on his own team.  First it was Shaq, then it was Odom, then it was Pau, now it's Bynum......the thirst these guys must have searching for someone else to make 2 consecutive buckets so they can say they are better than Kobe. 
laugh.gif

Paul Pierce, 2008 Finals MVP, guarded by Luke Walton and Vlad Radmonovich.  Yup.  (Ariza was hurt that series, never got a chance to play healthy minus a few minutes here or there at the end)

Kobe, guarded by Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Tony Allen and James Posey. 

Gee, they are so similar.  Their careers are almost mirrors of each other. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cole, lemme answer your ridiculous Pierce question with the absolute biggest Celtic homer and Kobe hater in the world.  Bill Simmons.  He revised his book of basketball after the 09 finals.  He had Kobe ranked as high as 7-8 ALL TIME, and Pierce in the mid 50's.  That was BEFORE Kobe and the Lakers added another title.  Over Pierce. 

Again, read slowly, this is not me, this is Bill Simmons, biggest Laker hater on earth, Celtic Die Hard, makes jokes about 6-24 and Germany surgeries every day, ranks Kobe top 7-8, Pierce top 55ish. 

So similar, they are. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And then you guys say "Kobe has always locked down the opposing team's best player."

Jesus Kobe in that series guarded Rondo, Ray and Pierce in stretches. He guarded everyone on that team minus KG. What exactly do you want him to do? Should we have put Walton on Ray Allen? Vlad? It's called picking your poison. If Kobe guards Pierce, guess who the MVP woulda been. Ray Allen. But you too #$%&*?/ blind to get that. why is Kobe better than Pierce? How bout better range, quicker, better offensive game, better defender (til recently) better handles, can beat you in more ways. What more do you want? You act like ONLY Laker fans think this, but I'm POSITIVE that everybody would agree. They are not "close" dude, go buy yourself a clue.

I never made the point of Iverson being "Shut Down" by Kobe in the 2001 Finals (truthfully I just don't remember it that well)..

Game 1: Iverson torched Kobe in the 1st Half... (30 points in 1st half (11/24)... 11 in the second half.... 7 in Overtime on Tyronn Lue)
Game 2: Iverson 10-29 23 points
Game 3: Iverson 12-30 35 points
Game 4: Iverson 12-30 35 points
Game 5: Iverson 14-32 37 points

Kobe didn't shut him down which is a point I never made... But Kobe did frustrate him for 4- 1/2 games..

Iverson was going to put up 30 shots in that game regardless of what was going on.. No matter what happens he was averaging close to 30 ppg it was impossible for him not too.. I think Kobe played him decently (minus first half game 1 that was atrocious).. He didn't shut him down (But I also never said he did KenJi made the point)...

But Kobe did play pretty good defense on him. Shut him down? No.. Play good defense? Yes

Back
Top Bottom