*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Nah...We dont need Dwight at the moment 'Drew is playing well ( I dont think he's in game shape yet)
We are missing a spark off the bench especially with Mcbob hurt. 

I hate this 2005 Kobe 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

If I was Jim Buss... On Monday I trade Pau... I'm not kidding.. If he scores 25 tomorrow & Sunday.. I don't give a +!%* I trade him..

With Pau & Lopez Nets have the trade the Magic want... BUT no way D12 resigns to a team where the 2nd best player is Mehmet Okur... So we take out 1 team that was in the Hunt for D12 because Nets won't take him if he won't resign.. We get Humphries because as a bench player (which he would become in a month with Lopez return) Humphries is terrible.. For some reason he just cannot play off the bench effectively..

Basically we then have the pieces that will give you 32 points 22-24 boards a game between Humphries and Bynum (which is about what we thought Bynum & Gasol would give before the season). We take Hedo off of Magic who desperately want to unload his contract.. Hedo would replace Metta who would be going to the Nets (downgrade on Defense but a far better scorer).. And since we give Bynum & Humphries plus 2 1st rounders and taking a huge salary burden we should get Ryan Anderson as well.. Who can score as well as Pau.. Shoot anywhere and still get as many offensive boards as Pau.. And anyone who is not Pau is an upgrade defensively..

I need to be a GM..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

no you're far from being a gm.

please, stay as an active nt'er

that's all you gotta do

nba_g_bryant-bulls_mb_576.jpg

Remember, the Lakers' entire team offense is the best in the NBA over Bryant's career, but in the closing minutes of close games, when Bryant dominates the ball, the Laker offense is not even in the top 10. All kinds of teams without Kobe Bryants are doing better in crunch time, and when you watch the Lakers you know why, and you can see why in the photo above and many others like it: The defense knows what's coming. Lakers get incredibly open, yet the team seldom finds the easiest available shot -- mostly because Bryant takes the shot instead. The one clutch statistic where Bryant is clearly the all-time leader is shots attempted. As he reminded everyone the other day, he's shooting it and that's as it ever has been. His various crunch-time records are counting records -- most game-winners, etc. Those gaudy numbers are usually presented as evidence of his efficacy, but they are just as easy to see as trophies to his hoarding of opportunities. Both he and his team are back in the pack when it comes to actually making the shot.

Lakers need someone beside Kobe who can put the ball on the floor and make something happen (and with that even Kobe is struggling. His legs are good but that wrist and not having his comfortable Triangle offense is causing some turnovers/forced shots). Artest is supposed to be that off the bench but if he cant bulldoze his way to the basket he's ineffective. 
I hope this game can be blamed on a bad matchup with Portland knowing how to attack the Lakers weakness. Their quick guards and athletic forwards just make the Lakers look really sloppy & unorganized.

Lakers need a real point guard. The team will keep being mediocre and looking old and slow as it is.

Pau Gasol is just pathetic. Dude is invisible on defense and misses so many opportunities on offense playing 1 on 1 or being left wide open.

I think Bynum just ran out of gas in the second half. Kobe was good.

The small forwards on our team are all stupid. They were playing Wallace as if he was Ray Allen. YOU LET THAT DUDE SHOOT JUMPERS ALL DAY. They
were crowding him and dude just drove to the basket. Main culprit is Artest cause he is the only dude that Wallace could not post up.

Where is McRoberts though? Murphy is not providing anything at the moment.

Pau 19pts 7-10fg and 7reb.
What do you want from him?
35pts and 25reb???

but to day our bench was
30t6p3b.gif

Go Lakers!!!

Originally Posted by Essential1

*$%% this talk about Pau playing well..

He was horrendous..

He can't stop anyone from coming into the lane. Once in the lane can't stop them.. Can't defend the pick & roll.. Can't get rebounds in crowded paint. If he gets offensive board can't put it back.

He was overmatched on defense and offense all game... Our PF is weaker than Derek Fisher.. And that makes me cry tears of blood..

This was my beef with Pau last night. Same can be said for Bynum as well. Portland had like 20 points in the paint in the 3rd quarter. Pau and Bynum just standing there watching guys penetrate left and right. It was frustrating to say the least. And for Christ's sake, someone please teach this guy not to step out to damn near half court trying to defend a pick and roll.

Originally Posted by kobe8is

35pts and 25reb???

No I don't need 35 & 25...  I want him to have an impact on the floor..  Offensively and defensively.. The "strong" point of our specific front court is they are supposed to be hard to defend... And stop the ball on the other end..

Pau had no impact offensively except for 3 or so plays on offense..  And was absolutely horrendous on defense....

He played terribly

^^^^^ I agree also, he plays like a female for his sz atleast get a block or 2 gees he always has the same look,, his hand are extended but it just seems if he really wanted to he can get a few blocks, $$#.....get rid of him asap, on the defensive side he is useless!!!

It seems like the game was lost after Kobe tried to take that charge on Gerald Wallace. He hurt his wrist, and then went on to force consecutive awful shots and basically not even look to get his teammates involved. It's just mind boggling sometimes with that guy. Use your post players. Jesus.

Throughout his career, it's been aggravating to watch Kobe go rogue and take the offense hostage.

He completely takes the other four guys out of rhythm, and even if he makes some of those hero shots, it's still not conducive to getting his teammates involved/winning basketball. It's just horrible awful basketball all around. It doesn't matter if it's the triangle or whatever, Kobe always feels the need to go five or six straight possessions where it's all him.

It's been happening since 96 so it is what it is

Different day, same @%@# in this thread. Can't believe how many times one point can be repeated every single day, as if we don't get it by now.

*sigh*

MTV should have a special on True Life  - I'm a Lakers fan.
It would be really interesting to see how some of you guys are after a Lakers lose
I'll be the first one to admit i get all emo for couple of hours
laugh.gif

L2B:
Different day, same @%@# in this thread. Can't believe how many times one point can be repeated every single day, as if we don't get it by now.

*sigh*
I have a feeling you're talking about the criticisms, but the same exact thing could be said regarding the constant praise.
wink.gif
When Kobe stops doing the things that his fans like, the praise that the critics don't understand will stop… … and when he stops doing the things that his critics don't like, the criticism that the fans don't understand will stop.

I saw Kobe give E-Banks and Bynum the ball in the last minute or so, yet he still lost the game for us? Lol... Bynum got blocked, E-Banks air balled.

It's time to blame someone else folks. There's no way the game was lost because of only Kobe.

He was actually the only person who scored in the last two minutes as well if I remember right.

Like I said, Bynum was 2 for 9 in the second half. Steve Blake shot 2 for 9 for the whole game, MWP was 0 for 5.

Our bench was non existent.

Kobe shot over 50% from the field, had 8 rebounds, and 3 assists. His only bad stat was the 4 turn overs which actually could of been worse. MWP also had 3 turn overs.

Something that I read on Realgm,
Leandro Barbosa's contract fits perfectly with the TPE. And Toronto seems to be willing to give him up. He could take some pressure/give rest to Kobe & also play PG for certain stretches.

Thoughts?

If he came off the bench he'd provide a nice consistent spark as well.

Haven't been able to watch any of the games in the past weeks due to being busy, but Lakers better get a W tonight. I do not want to hear it from all the Warriors fans here in the Bay.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by kobe8is

35pts and 25reb???

but to day our bench was
30t6p3b.gif

Go Lakers!!!

You didn't watch the whole game did you?
30t6p3b.gif
Yes i did my friend. 
Of course i want to see more from him but he was ok. (+ He has never played defense.)

It's quite amazing how many people here (LA fans) hate kobe and after all he has done for the team.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom