'12 Bulls

My good friend is best friends with Chris Smith, JR Smith's younger brother and is close with JR too. He just texted me and told me "JR going to the bulls. He'll be back Jan 1st."

No Broussard.

nerd.gif
That's one helluva schedule!!
Hopefully all our guys stayed in tip top shape.
I expect there to be a lot of injuries this season, teams will be grinding hard and some may not have anything left come playoff time.

Originally Posted by AyVee323

My good friend is best friends with Chris Smith, JR Smith's younger brother and is close with JR too. He just texted me and told me "JR going to the bulls. He'll be back Jan 1st."

No Broussard.

This is all I ask for.

^
If true......I can't lie it will certainly bring more excitement to the team.
I'm just hooping this knucklehead can act right.
I saw that he dropped 52 the other night
pimp.gif

Prior to that all I heard from him was this
[h2]Chinese GM accuses J.R. Smith of faking injury, Stephon Marbury saves day[/h2]
Even though he wasn't my first choice.....I ain't even mad at that.

P.S. I see alot of love for Luol I hope he stays healthy and is consistent, otherwise alot of you will be eating your own words and clamoring for his head.

JR Smith is the last person I want on the Bulls, sorry. He hasn't grown up in 7 seasons, it's not changing anytime soon.

look who's coached him though... I mean seriously. George Karl is as much an authoritative figure as I am a 7fter.

I'm not saying he isn't a knucklehead but who's to say he doesn't just need a good foot in his +@@ which Thibs has no problem doing all the while keeping it in house which is something everyone knows Karl has issues with.

damn i liked ronnie tho ......... i kinda wanted him to start the 2 if we didnt make any moves

Interesting about Crawford/Brewer...the next few days should be even moreso...@City...Orlando game is still on the 6th. If I'm in town count me in for Joe's

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I'm not sure how I feel about that Mal/Ronnie situation...
ohwell.gif

Ronnie played great defense for us last year, who is going to guard the other team's 2's now. I would have like to keep Ronnie

Originally Posted by jmause3

ohwell.gif

Ronnie played great defense for us last year, who is going to guard the other team's 2's now. I would have like to keep Ronnie

Bogans...if he's kept.

Lots of crazy talk going on. I kinda like it.....but i wanna know what happens!!

Originally Posted by CAto312

ohwell.gif

Bogans...if he's kept.

KC said Bogans was told he'd be kept if it fit financially in the teams plans after they make their moves...I can see it happening now

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

Bogans...if he's kept.

KC said Bogans was told he'd be kept if it fit financially in the teams plans after they make their moves...I can see it happening now

Don't forget that Jimmy Butler committed himself to just playing D. I know he's a rook, but I'm sure he'll learn a lot from Thibs and the team, so that's another potential wing/SG defender

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

Bogans...if he's kept.

Don't forget that Jimmy Butler committed himself to just playing D. I know he's a rook, but I'm sure he'll learn a lot from Thibs and the team, so that's another potential wing/SG defender
Butler has okay tools on that side.... 
If JR and Jamal come based on what was being talked about on the past couple pages A. Jamal might not play B. he would get traded by the deadline C We would be pissed we didnt trade Korver and not Brewer

Rather have Korver than Brewer. Brewer will never be a good fit on offense for this team. He's an up-and-down, high energy guy that doesn't do well in half court sets. He can't create nor does he have a consistent jumper. Defense should be fine. Rotation responsibility, not man-to-man prowess, is the key to the scheme. The team has more than enough on that side of the ball.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Rather have Korver than Brewer. Brewer will never be a good fit on offense for this team. He's an up-and-down, high energy guy that doesn't do well in half court sets. He can't create nor does he have a consistent jumper. Defense should be fine. Rotation responsibility, not man-to-man prowess, is the key to the scheme. The team has more than enough on that side of the ball.

Agreed...let's not forget Thibs and his system (zone principled) made Ray Allen into a decent defender.

I heard Caron to Clippers is pretty much confirmed. Brewer makes plays that is never on paper, he's got good intangibles. IDK about Korver. We do need a spot up shooter tho..

Agreed...let's not forget Thibs and his system (zone principled) made Ray Allen into a decent defender.
Ray Allen was never a bad defender though. He just wasn't good. Crawford on the other hand is %#$ at anything dealing with defense. If he won't sign for the MLE then the Bulls should just keep it moving.
If we're gonna trade Ronnie then you trade him for Afflalo, Nick Young, or somebody like that. Somebody that can shoot and defend. Not Jamal Crawford.

Originally Posted by StillAtIt

Ray Allen was never a bad defender though. He just wasn't good. Crawford on the other hand is %#$ at anything dealing with defense. If he won't sign for the MLE then the Bulls should just keep it moving.
If we're gonna trade Ronnie then you trade him for Afflalo, Nick Young, or somebody like that. Somebody that can shoot and defend. Not Jamal Crawford.

I think you are over valuing Brewer though

I think you're overvaluing Crawford. He's just not worth more than the MLE, and he's definitely not worth giving up our best swingman defender and the only person that really gets out on the break and runs with D Rose.
I think Jamal would be a good fit here, but he's not worth giving up assets for. Especially not at 31 and coming off a down shooting year.
If we're looking at S&T options then we need to aim a little bit higher than Jamal Crawford. That's all I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom