'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

Who is going to create the CFB pick 'em on Yahoo? I would do it but here's the thing: I don't want to.

:lol:

Needed to come over here and check in before I get called out for showing up when Michigan starts winning.

Spent the summer in the desert. AZ is not going to be good, but not as bad as 3-9. Bear down

Former LSU star safety LaRon Landry, now with the New York Jets, calls out 'Honey Badger'
Thu, Aug 16, 2012 2:51 PM EDT
Email

CORTLAND, N.Y. – Several weeks ago, New York Jets safety LaRon Landry began getting texts about LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu. Landry won't say who sent them, but the message was clear: Something's wrong.
"Guys were hitting me up," Landry, an LSU alum, said after practice at Jets camp Wednesday. "Even some coaches, saying, 'You gotta reach out to him.' "
Landry did, several times. He tried texting Mathieu, a junior who was a 2011 Heisman finalist, but he stopped getting replies. He even reached out on Twitter, to no avail. "Just answer the phone," he wrote to Mathieu.
Nothing worked. Landry said he even remembers thinking, "Don't treat me like a female."
Last week, Landry woke up to a text from a friend at LSU: Mathieu had been dismissed for violating team rules.
Landry didn't believe it at first. In a way, he still doesn't.
"You got a chance to be the No. 1 overall pick," Landry said. "How do you mess that up? Six more months, man. Six months."
Landry has been following Mathieu's career since high school, when people started telling him about a prep defensive back in New Orleans who "plays just like you."
"We became tight," Landry said. He started thinking of Mathieu as a little brother – a little brother with more talent.
Landry imagined the same destiny for Mathieu that he has enjoyed: stardom at LSU followed by a
Tyrann Mathieu's failure to respond to some entreaties has angered LaRon Landry, a former LSU star. (AP)
successful NFL career. Landry was a first-round pick by the Washington ******** in 2007 and is entering his sixth NFL season. But while Landry has older siblings who "keep me in line," he wasn't sure Mathieu had the same support system. So he tried to help.
When it didn't work, Landry was "hurt" and "pissed off."
"He's a guy who got caught up living the life," Landry said. "Not being smart as a student-athlete. You gotta take the initiative and know the rights and wrongs. Ask yourself what's important in life."
Some LSU fans are upset that Mathieu wasn't given another chance at the school. Not Landry. He felt a one-game suspension for using synthetic marijuana last season was "a slap on the hand," and although he won't divulge what he has heard about Mathieu's alleged behavior over the past several months, he said more than once during a 30-minute interview, "Enough is enough."
"You're not bigger than the organization," Landry said. "You're not bigger than the team. You're not bigger than LSU."
He still hasn't heard from Mathieu. But Landry has heard from plenty of others, asking "What happened to your little bro?" and "What happened to your little cousin?" It drives him crazy.
"I feel I could have reached him in a positive way," he said.
Landry still wants to mentor Mathieu. He still wants to hear from him.
"But you can't help someone," he said, "who didn't want to be helped."

Interesting. From reading that article it sounds to me like there was no way in hell he was just smoking some weed :lol:

That's cocaine baby ! 
roll.gif

It's official

Interesting.

I saw some pictures of DAT and others in Rose Bowl-like jerseys for media shoots and player introduction videos...(can't pos tpic, but here's link )

Welp, I'm sure they'll look great on the field and with the whole ensemble. Can't wait to see the full look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.
I saw some pictures of DAT and others in Rose Bowl-like jerseys for media shoots and player introduction videos...(can't pos tpic, but here's link )
Welp, I'm sure they'll look great on the field and with the whole ensemble. Can't wait to see the full look.

You are correct. the whole team wore the rose bowl jersey for the Pac12 media day. once i seen that I pretty much knew, from what I had heard from friends, that that was gonna our style of jersey this year. It'll take a lil getting used to because I thought the old wing'd look was classic. but they look good. I just hope they release the rose bowl jersey, that was soo nice looking. cant wait till tomorrow to see everything though.

Vernon Davis transferring from Miami to WVU.

Said he was upset with Golden because he's still recruiting CBs for next year. :lol:

Great for us. Frees up a scholly and I don't want any kids on my team who are going to be scared of competition. Why even come to UM if you're scared of competition? :smh:

Former LSU star safety LaRon Landry, now with the New York Jets, calls out 'Honey Badger'
Thu, Aug 16, 2012 2:51 PM EDT
Email
Interesting. From reading that article it sounds to me like there was no way in hell he was just smoking some weed :lol:

Very Interesting.....lol @ people actually thinking Mathieu would be an early rd pick, the only person in LSU's secondary that compared to Laron Landry is Eric Reid

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom