13 Hour Drive

Did 16 from Charlotte to New Orleans for the bayou classic...slept about 70% on the way down. Had a long night the morning before leaving and was up 90% on the way back. Never the hell again. Next time I'll ride down but flying back.

On another note every man should attent the bayou classic once in their life, put that on your man trip or bucket list before you get married.

Last edited:
I drove from az to va.

You can do 13 hours in one day...I did any while in a u haul and pulling a trailer.

but definitely be well rested.

I've been apart of long bus trips 10/11 hrs type stuff

My cuz drove from Vegas to deltona fl a few times

A dude I went to hs with drove from LA to Cleveland smh

Did 16 from Charlotte to New Orleans for the bayou classic...slept about 70% on the way down. Had a long night the morning before leaving and was up 90% on the way back. Never the hell again. Next time I'll ride down but flying back.

On another note every man should attent the bayou classic once in their life, put that on your man trip or bucket list before you get married.
Did you drive? Being in a car for 16 hours (sleeping for 70% that) isn't the same as driving for that long.

Did you drive? Being in a car for 16 hours (sleeping for 70% that) isn't the same as driving for that long.
So my lady dad basically has a male traveling group so every year they go to a HBCU classic game. They rent a fly as charter bus and driver. Last was my first time and i brought my right hand man. So we left thanksgiving night. I was full as hell from all the food that day and half way drunk. iPhone and headphones and I was out for the clock all the way until Mobile, Alabama. The drive back was prolly the worst ever...

Personally driving, i don't do anything past DC...and that's 4 hours, farther then that I'm jumping on a plane.

Last edited:
Did 12 hours total one day (we were 4 hours out in Binghamton, had to go back down to NYC to pick up my buddies spare keys that somehow I lost :lol:) drove down 4 hours, back up, then down home another 4. I had a buddy and popped a few redbulls so it wasnt bad, but the last ride home was a killer. Had to switch with my boy and he drove maybe the last 3 hours home.

I've done 2 long drives.

Denver to Boston, we did it 36 hours. Most boring drive ever. Got a ticket speeding in Iowa. Doing 97 in in a 70MPH. I never paid that ticket.

Then when I moved from Jersey to Dallas. Literally did it with one hour break. Took me 25 hours.

Red Bulls, snacks, DMX music to keep you up.

I've never driven longer than 5hours straight, so I can't offer much from experience. The only thing I could say is if you aren't restricted by time, why not get a good nights rest and leave around 6 or 7 a.m? This would get you to your destination by 8pm and you won't feel like you over did it. Treat it like a day at work, with extended breaks. Have a nice breakfast, keep a thermos full of hot chocolate or coffee. This should get you through until lunch time. Then find a rest stop and have a nice lunch, stretch your legs a bit then get back to it and enjoy the scenery.

You will be there before you know it.

Last edited:
Are you driving by yourself? Me and my dad drove from San Diego to Ohio and took a little over a day. We took turns of course and we were only at the rest stops for an hour. I would back some snacks and water.

Last minute thing. Bronx to Decatur GA about 14 hrs str8 even tho cuzzo was with me (didn't trust him driving my car, plus I couldn't sleep).
Crazy part is touched down took a shower checked my brother that same day/evening. Crashed while they were at wet Willies. After a few hours sleep lit up, ate, back to NYC for another 14....what helps?...dutches, company, entire catalog on shuffle and snacks. Can't front, before I even got off the turnpike I was regretting it...11 hours left to go smh

Best part was latching on to a speeding caravan of cars doing like a 95 for like 10-15 min, got shook after a while and slowed down.

Last edited:
Drove from eugene to Vegas over the summer with my buddy. 15/16 hour trip.

Never again :x

Driven from San Diego to Arkansas several times. Takes ab 24-26 hours with minimal stops whoever said don't eat greasy foods was right DONT DO IT. Made a mistake of destroying a double double in Arizona and was paying for it the majority of the trip. Healthy snacks, water and some red bull/monster and you are good. If you have satellite radio it makes the trip better we listened to Howard Stern or whatever games were on that night. Im actually drivng from San Diego to Dallas in March for WrestleMania so i'm glad someone made a thread for this

podcasts and use hoteltonight. decent rates and u can just book a room within 5 min when/wherever u decide u need a break for the night/day.

Drove from ND to NY to FL and back to ND alone to help my parents move... Took me about 10 days cause I had to stop a few times to get some real sleep. Longest I drove straight was probably about 10 hours at a time. Never again...

Just make sure you stop when you get tired

Y'all some real ones. I hate driving, my girl keep begging me to drive to Chicago and I can't do it. It's only 4 hours

Y'all some real ones. I hate driving, my girl keep begging me to drive to Chicago and I can't do it. It's only 4 hours
Where are you at?  Living in Iowa you get used to having to drive long distances for flights/entertainment.  

I know at some point I may have to drive to Jerz from Fort Lauderdale...just dreading that long drive

I drive regularly from Baktimore to ATL and back ...usually between 9-11 hours depending on stops and traffic, but I'm used to it now so it's not to bad ...driving on 85 through NC tho :x , feels like it's never gon end

Dude I drove 18 hours straight from Louisiana to DC and only took at 30 minute nap cause my mind could not mentality keep going when I got to Virginia.

And you are talking about 13 hours...

I would drive 10 sleep then drive the rest.
My dad drives from MD to Louisiana and stops in ATL for the night then keeps going.

Longest I have driven is 9.5hrs from Boston to DC, traffic was terrible
mean.gif
. All I do is take a stop to eat and walk around about 4 hours in, then make another stop for gas/bathroom then continue home.
I drive regularly from Baktimore to ATL and back ...usually between 9-11 hours depending on stops and traffic, but I'm used to it now so it's not to bad ...driving on 85 through NC tho
sick.gif
, feels like it's never gon end
Bruh! they need to puts some lights on that road. I had to make a trip from Charlotte to DC left at 11PM got here at 5AM, 85 was mad creepy pitch black only car on the road , paranoid about a deer popping out.

Last edited:
Longest drive I've had was 16hrs from Nebraska to Biloxi, MS to stay with my ex's aunt (have driven it twice). First time was just me & my ex. We stayed the night in St. Louis, then drove the rest of the way in the morning. The second time we drove straight through, but there was 8 of us (2 cars) so it wasn't bad. Plus I love driving across the country.

And I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've driven 10hrs to Dallas and I only stop for gas on that drive.

Once right out of high school me and one of my homies tried to drive straight through from Nebraska to Marysville, CA. We almost made it straight through but a winter snow storm forced us to stay overnight in Reno.

I'd just suggest planning your route and try to be aware of any construction/detours on the way.

Back
Top Bottom