14 Dead, 50 Hurt In Batman Movie Shooting

But our beloved constitution says that we have the right to bear arms... Give me a break. Our founding fathers didn't know this many idiots would exist. Everyone shouldn't be allowed to have items that could take another persons life so easily.

Like I said in the batman thread, hand this idiot to the cartels and let them have fun with him while CNN does the live coverage.

Hard to imagine the state of mind one has to have in order to commit such and act and take all that life. Life is hard enough as it is and folks just want to go to a movie to relax and unwind a bit.....and this is the stuff they have to worry about?

Terrible, just terrible. Heard this on the news on the way to work this morning. RIP and condolences to all the families.

Who takes a 3 month old to batman, let alone a midnight screening? The 6 year old shouldn't have been there either. This movie is WAY too inappropriate for those kids. Hindsight is 20/20, but this was bad parenting.

It could have saved lifes, and could of cost a lot more. I've seen people in Afghanistan miss their target/freeze up in combat, and they knew to a certain degree their was going to be a fire fight. The first time I ever got shot at I can honestly say things went black for a few seconds. You honestly think Joe Schmo is going to pull his pistol out and be effective in mass chaos?

-Your right, and we'll never know.

-i agree there's a good chance he won't be. but i'll take that chance over sitting around waiting to get shot. if joe schmo has some sort of training, practices consistently, i think his odds would greatly increase.

But I'm talking this specific scenario....having another person shooting is only gonna cause more chaos and make the people unarmed even MORE anxious. In this case it would've been more dangerous than helpful, plus if you had a pistol and dude is walking around with full on assault rifles and a bulletproof vest with tear gas all in your face in the audience, you think you're gonna have an accurate shot? I'm just sayin even if you did hit the guy, you have a higher chance at also shooting an innocent bystander as well, cuz people will be all over trying to hide or escape. If I were in that theaterand I saw another dude pull out a gun that wouldn't make me feel safer, I'd be more concerned for my life b/c that;s another chance I could get hit by mistake even.

I can't possibly see how this could have been worst, honestly I agree if someone ha a gun to fire back, this herb would have probably ran off, all it really takes is one bullet, even if it just hits the vest he will still feel the burn ad with an assault rifle going off, I don't know how a second gun would have had any effect on the panic of the people..

Damn my mom lives 1 block away from this theater in Aurora. Thankfully she's not a huge Batman fan.

SMMFH....

Who takes a 3 month old to batman, let alone a midnight screening? The 6 year old shouldn't have been there either. This movie is WAY too inappropriate for those kids. Hindsight is 20/20, but this was bad parenting.
Same thing I was wondering :smh:

"I have not been contacted by police but I feared it was my son, you have the right person" - that was the mother to the suspect to ABC News.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::x

Last edited:
I can't possibly see how this could have been worst, honestly I agree if someone ha a gun to fire back, this herb would have probably ran off, all it really takes is one bullet, even if it just hits the vest he will still feel the burn ad with an assault rifle going off, I don't know how a second gun would have had any effect on the panic of the people..

You don't think another weapon would've caused more panic? If I see another dude pull out a gun and I'm already shook from what is happening I'm gonna first think oh **** there's another one, you wouldn't be in a completely normal rational state when tear gas is in your face and a dude is firing automatic weapons in an enclosed area and you can't see your surroundings. And all it takes is one bullet to hit another innocent bystander for the situation to be worse, in this specific instance I don't think having a guy pull out a weapon would've been the safest way to handle it. How do you know the dude trying to kill this scumbag would've had a clear shot?

Headline from local newspaper

"Colorado theatre shooting: 12 killed after gunman opens fire at Batman movie; Eaton Centre shooting survivor among dead"

There was a shooting at a mall in early June. Dude survived, ends up dead at another shooting. So sad. Why do people like this gunman even exist...

"Tonight that was supposed to be a great night turned into a horrible nightmare. I saw that shadow of evil and literally had blood of an innocent man on my hands..."

somebody from fb

Flawed logic.. Tougher gun laws could have prohibited the Virginia Tech shooter from obtaining guns legally due to his record of mental illness. Would he of tried to get them illegally? Who knows. Same thing can be said about the Columbine shooters who obtained theirs from unlicensed sellers.

With all the gun laws and FBI background checks and the PATRIOT ACT enables the government to look at medical records they still can't control everything.

You are also toeing a civil rights issue with discriminating against people with mental illnesses.

The fact is that you have more of a chance dying from a peanut allergy than you do of a situation like this, so what's your solution? All out ban of peanuts? :lol:

Damn that's how you know dude is the ultimate POS if his own moms is snitching with no hesitation. :lol:

Oh and Patrick Bateman, go take a bath with your toaster *****.

It's situational not every situation is going to be perfect for a concealed carry owner to go on the defense. I can def say though that in many situations
someone who is a trained responsible gun owner can stop a situation from escalating.

I would be surprised if there wasn't some type of restriction put in place by movie theaters that restricts brining infants and children in past certain times. Everyone has been to the theater late, and knows what type of **** these kids pull these days. Its still beyond me they were there, especially as a parent.

Back
Top Bottom