14 Dead, 50 Hurt In Batman Movie Shooting

Man I just had conversations about the easiest ways to kill mass amount of people and theatres was on the top of my list. Its dark, easy to chain the entrance and exits, and whose going to stop you? Also school assemblies, sporting events, people lining up on black friday, and any large gatherings. I can't believe it actually came true. This is just he beginning though considering how many terrorist sleeper cells here stateside.

RIP

The whole baby issue is such a minuscule topic in the grand scheme of this whole incident. Ya'll can find something else to harp on now.

one thing I haven't heard mentioned...

isn't the emergency door supposed to be locked from the outside?

I guess I will be the one that says it. I wonder what happened to this man that would cause him to go off like that. There has to be a backstory to all of this. The same way most people that carry out outbursts like this, we tend to ignore that and focus only on what he did. I know it is a sad situation but the dude clearly needed help and didn't get it. I hope his family is ok too.

RIP to all of those fallen soldiers.

This girl has a play-by-play from last night

https://twitter.com/9Rachel

:x Where is this guy getting his motivation to do all this?

All I know is I was at my boys and he was watching Rampage on Netflix. I've never been so appalled/shocked/disturbed/outraged/uncomfortable in my life. The fact that that movie was developed/thought out/ and made is just obsured. Same thing goes for the airport mission in MW2.

one thing I haven't heard mentioned...
isn't the emergency door supposed to be locked from the outside?

Heard on the radio that dude was banging on the doors from outside and someone from the inside opened the door because of the noise he was causing.

The whole baby issue is such a minuscule topic in the grand scheme of this whole incident. Ya'll can find something else to harp on now.

It's really not when you think as to why an infant and 6 year old were there in the first place.

R.I.P.

When I saw Amazing Spiderman, I told my girl why I sit next to exits because you never know whos crazy. She called me paranoid.

Its reasons like this we have to take extra caution. Be safe out their y'all.

I guess I will be the one that says it. I wonder what happened to this man that would cause him to go off like that. There has to be a backstory to all of this. The same way most people that carry out outbursts like this, we tend to ignore that and focus only on what he did. I know it is a sad situation but the dude clearly needed help and didn't get it. I hope his family is ok too.
RIP to all of those fallen soldiers.
This girl has a play-by-play from last night
https://twitter.com/9Rachel

I'm not saying that something in his past that happened could have turned him to do this or could have stopped him from doing this but he could have been a sociopath or have some other mental illness. No one really knows what causes someone to be a sociopath. It could either be genetics or the environment he grew up in.

It's really not when you think as to why an infant and 6 year old were there in the first place.
I understand but there always have been irresponsible parents around and there always will be. I'm sure we can ALL agree though that at least the baby wasn't hurt. HOPEFULLY the parents through this situation will realize their error and try to do better.

If this lunatic is really calling himself The Joker I might be right about his motive. Either that or he's using that as an excuse to say he's crazy or trying to blame the movies for his actions

:x Where is this guy getting his motivation to do all this?
As I stated on the first page, I somewhat believe his motivation came from the villains in the Batman movies. Not blaming the movies at all. I just believe he may have wanted to upstage the darkness and craziness of the villains portrayed in these movies by causing real fear and pain. He could've chose to do this at anytime at any other event, but he chose this moment. A premier for a movie where the villain is as key as the good guy.

Last edited:
Woke up to so many texts from people back home asking if I was okay. Crazy. Unreal. Can't believe it happened. I don't like in Aurora but I have driven by that theater dozens of times.

RIP to the people we lost...

Apparently dude was a Med school student at University of Colorado who dropped out of school a month ago....

He was going to kill people regardless. If he couldn't get in the back, I'm sure he would have sprayed people in the front. Just my .02

I agree but a guy in a gas mask and bulletproof vest out front of a theater is probably more likely to be stopped; around my way cops chill out front of our theaters

Back
Top Bottom