14 Dead, 50 Hurt In Batman Movie Shooting

I love this man. That interview made him seem brilliant and sympathetic.
Also, according to TMZ...
7:45AM PT -- Police say Holmes' studio apartment is "booby-trapped" in a sophisticated manner -- and they are trying to figure out how to disarm an explosive device attached to the front door.

To be fair, it would be ridiculous to not see the correlation between columbine and Marilyn Manson. Listen to Manson, listen to his material, allow his image to sink in. The fact that the shooters listened to him says it all. That's another story though, this isn't an attempt to derail this thread, back to what is supposed to be being discussed.

It's amazingly sad to hear that you have to go to school, and movie theaters with the thought that you may end up as the solution to someone's sickening issues with himself and society. Scary really. And I don't know where you all live, but where I live, i've never been patted down to go to the MOVIES. One of the more revealing things about this entire ordeal to me is that it can't be stopped. (Unless you start taking civil liberties away from the people, then you have another problem)

My father once told me that "good or bad, nothing can stop someone with an imminent purpose, and a desire for its fulfillment and achievement." Never has that statement rang more true. R.I.P. to those who lost their lives and I feel sorry for the people that were in that theatre and survived. How are they ever going to go to another movie theatre again?

Colorado has a significant number of militia/neo-nazi groups, I wonder if he is in anyway linked to them or if he is just a random nut.

I was thinking about this as I was watching CNN... I wonder if Holmes is affiliated with any of these groups. I wonder what drove him to such extreme measures? What made him snap? Man, this is so sad. People can't even enjoy going to the movies without the fear of some fanatic shooting up the place.

Just read some more details from the article on Yahoo. This piece of crap loser was really trying to do some serious damage. I might sound stupid, but it almost seems as if this loser was trying to imitate being a villain or something. We may never know his mindset. But being that chose to do this for this particular movie, a movie where the villain role is key, says something IMO.

you never kno mann.
this is whack thou. leaving families scared to see a dam movie man. wtf

:smh:

So I guess people should never go to school again then? or the mall? or get on an airplane?

Exactly. I really hope alot of folks are joking when they say they aren't going to the movies again or anything else for that matter. You can't be weak-minded and let stuff like this stop you from living. Also, I sure hope the people saying this stuff are females and not dudes, cause if you that says alot about your mahood...................or lack thereof.

I find it weird how much media attention this is getting, even the president is giving press conferences.

People have gotten killed in theaters before and all they get is a 30 sec segment on the 11 o'clock news. 

I give it six months for the TSA to start tearing your tickets at the movies

Fool, when was the last time you heard of a mass killing at a movie theater here in the US? I'm not talking about 1 or 2 people getting shot...but 12 dead and 50 wounded? But yea...it's weird how this is getting so much media attention. :stoneface:

I'm sure that theater's popularity will be pretty low after this.... Man that's terrible. Such a great movie, and instead all those people get in return is a shooting of the place... Just sickening...

No I'm not going to keep my "conspiracy theories" out of this.. you have an opinion on the subject just like I do. Who are you to tell me what and how I should think and where I should post it? Fall back
On you with this one... Just saying you gotta keep every thought open here

False Flag? who knows....

Saw the local police cheif taking about Holmes' apartment being booby trapped. He said it may take days or possibly weeks to clear out everything & make it safe again...News reports are also saying he had a lot of ammo in his place...

This is so ****** up. :smh:

You have to have a very messed up head to do something like this. :x :smh:

Title says 14 dead and 50 hurt, CNN is saying 12 dead and 38 wounded?

This dude was planning to do much more apparently. The yahoo report I just read said that found a device believed to be a bomb in the theater. Good thing it didn't go that far.

RIP :frown:

Hopefully his motive would be much more than just "I couldn't get a ticket to see the movie because it was sold out".

Although a tragedy. This is perfect timing for the Obama Administration to exploit this and try to get that gun law passed that they have been pushing for since as far back as the first Bush Administration.

And what do you know, within hours Bloomerg is already pushing for it. Sucks to know the citizens of our country will be all for a full on ban of the second amendment after this.

This is going to launch a full on smear campaign by the media during this political race.

Hopefully people see it. Don't let those people die in vein.

No I'm not going to keep my "conspiracy theories" out of this.. you have an opinion on the subject just like I do. Who are you to tell me what and how I should think and where I should post it? Fall back
On you with this one... Just saying you gotta keep every thought open here

False Flag? who knows....
For this to even be reasonable, why make the "fall guy" someone who actually gets caught?

Exactly. I really hope alot of folks are joking when they say they aren't going to the movies again or anything else for that matter. You can't be weak-minded and let stuff like this stop you from living. Also, I sure hope the people saying this stuff are females and not dudes, cause if you that says alot about your mahood...................or lack thereof.

Eh, shutup. You're not proving your manhood either way anyways so what's the big deal. If the guy doesn't want to go to a movie anymore because of this, what skin is it off your back? Everyone has different fears. Some people don't like flying, some people don't like swimming... whatever. Who are you to judge, let alone questions someone's manhood (based off a comment on a thread about a shooting, the day after the shooting JUST happened). You're no rambo, brah. Save that hardbody stuff for real life where people can actually size you up based on character, not your internet posts.

Last edited:
damn, feel everyone affected by this, rip to the lost ones, wish there was something we could do to him to feel the same pain he left others with 
tired.gif

7m Katie Hinman Katie Hinman ‏@khinman

Suspect James Holmes' car had had hundreds if not over a thousand rounds of .223 ammunition, per @PierreTABC.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

12m Katie Hinman Katie Hinman ‏@khinman

The suspected gunman in the Aurora movie theater shootings told authorities he was the joker, one police official tells @ABC.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

12m Katie Hinman Katie Hinman ‏@khinman

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said that the suspected gunman dyed his hair red like the joker.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

42m Katie Hinman Katie Hinman ‏@khinman

UC Riverside confirms James Holmes graduated from with a BS in neuroscience in the spring of 2010.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

44m Katie Hinman Katie Hinman ‏@khinman

Source tells @abc there are more than 10 explosive devices inside James Holmes' apartment, including IEDs and booby-traps.

Jesus. :smh:

Eh, shutup. You're not proving your manhood either way anyways so what's the big deal. If the guy doesn't want to go to a movie anymore because of this, what skin is it off your back?Everyone has different fears. Some people don't like flying, some people don't like swimming... whatever. Who are you to judge, let alone questions someone's manhood (based off a comment on a thread about a shooting, the day after the shooting JUST happened). You're no rambo, brah. Save that hardbody stuff for real life where people can actually size you up based on character, not your internet posts.

I agree that everyone has their preference but you can't let this affect you. If it creeps you out, then don't go movies. Download blu-ray and all.

Since 9-11, I think most people still have anxiety over flights, like myself.

Back
Top Bottom