14 NBA Players Working on Collaborative Rap Album

Don't know if there's a thread on this...

http://www.slamonline.com/online/me...a-players-working-on-collaborative-rap-album/

Fourteen NBA Players Working on Collaborative Rap Album
Featuring Stephen Jackson, Baron Davis, Lamar Odom and more…

by Eldon Khorshidi | @eldonadam

Yes, you read the headline above correctly. And no, the headline above is not a joke.

Fourteen NBA players—along with artists like Rick Ross, Trina, Snoop Dogg, Birdman, The Game, Twista, T-Pain and others—are working together to create a collaborative rap album. The album, titled “Full Court Press Vol. 1,” will be curse-free and full of motivational lyrics. It is rumored that the project was spearheaded by San Antonio Spurs swingman Stephen Jackson, who has a storied history in the booth.

The full cast of NBA players includes Baron Davis, Lamar Odom, Juwan Howard, Trevor Ariza, Carlos Boozer, Glen Davis, Shawn Marion, Josh Smith and more. All proceeds from the album, which has a tentative release date of All-Star Weekend in February 2013, will benefit children in the community looking to receive education in the music business.

I could try to further describe the project, but moving pictures will do a much better job. Below are two behind-the-scenes videos promoting the album’s upcoming release. On the surface, it seems this NBA-players-as-rappers thing just got taken to a whole ‘nother level.

Thoughts? Isn't Juwan Howard sort of old to start a rap career?

Last edited:
Juwan-howard-dance.gif

See man, that's the problem with Rap today.

****** think it's just that easy. Walk into a studio make some words rhyme over a beat and now they can rap :smh:

You don't J. Cole gathering up a bunch of rap's best hoopers and trying to join a pro league or something. And yes it is the same, rap is a profession, a craft. It's just so tainted now, that anybody thinks they can do it now...

Who am I kidding, Lil B and Chief Keef buzz, anybody can I guess |I ...

Shump Shump better be on this.

I expect him to steal :nerd: the spotlight

Oh sweet Lou too

Last edited:
Don't know if there's a thread on this...

The full cast of NBA players includes Baron Davis, Lamar Odom, Juwan Howard, Trevor Ariza, Carlos Boozer, Glen Davis, Shawn Marion, Josh Smith and more. All proceeds from the album, which has a tentative release date of All-Star Weekend in February 2013, will benefit children in the community looking to receive education in the music business.

I could try to further describe the project, but moving pictures will do a much better job. Below are two behind-the-scenes videos promoting the album’s upcoming release. On the surface, it seems this NBA-players-as-rappers thing just got taken to a whole ‘nother level.[/B]

Thoughts? Isn't Juwan Howard sort of old to start a rap career?

DA FUUUUUUUQQQQQQ :rofl: :rofl:

See man, that's the problem with Rap today.

****** think it's just that easy. Walk into a studio make some words rhyme over a beat and now they can rap :smh:

You don't J. Cole gathering up a bunch of rap's best hoopers and trying to join a pro league or something. And yes it is the same, rap is a profession, a craft. It's just so tainted now, that anybody thinks they can do it now...

Who am I kidding, Lil B and Chief Keef buzz, anybody can I guess |I ...

Sadly that's just how it is now. Blame it on Rap/Hip Hop being so overexposed. And you can definitely blame it on youtube/increasing technology. People have made it appear to be so easy to rap, that everybody feels like they can do it. DL FL studio and make words rhyme, ding sing, you're suddenly a rapper.

Big Baby Davis gonna have some questionable lyrics?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Make it stop. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! Haven't we learned our lessons over the years with Kobe and AI.

If it's inspirational and for a good cause, at least it's serving a purpose.

But a collaborative NBA rap album just sounds like one of those bad ideas that sounded good in the mid-90s. Like having NBA superstars star in big budget movies.

I think these players should be working full-time on their day job before getting into music. like how many of these guys have won a championship yet?

if you're an NBA Champion, then you have the right to make a rap album because making a rap album means you have too much time on your hands or you're not putting much effort into your full-time job . . . otherwise if you need money for charity, JUST ASK.

Back
Top Bottom