#14 Oregon at #16 Boise St. BLOUNT'S COLLEGE CAREER = OVER - It's LaMichael James' show now

And people had the audacity to tell us Oregon fans to stay classy
grin.gif

Like EnEye said, I cant blame Blount if Hout really said what people are reporting. I know I'd have gone further than a punch if he went out of his way tosay '(racial slur), how's your (dead family member)?' with my temper
ohwell.gif

FREE BLOUNT

Originally Posted by SaltineWarrior

Boise State is looking bad for not handling this situation properly. Those fans that further instigated the situation should be banned from future Bronco games. Hout should have been suspended. That's what happens when you're located in a small city where the university is above everyone.
Truth, it was a classless act on both parts, but only Blount was disciplined.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

If Hout really DID say "Hey N_, how's your (recently) dead family member doing?!", I think it's safe to say almost every dude on here would have punched that little +$!*%.

WOW. Just WOW...
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif
...If he honestly REALLY did say that after tapping his shoulder pads, after a highly emotional football game, I can't blame Blount @ ALL for dropping him. *shrugs*

All of Blount's other actions were ridiculous and completely uncalled for though...

damn... my bro goes to BSU...idk if he on the football team but damn he aint tell me they get down like that
dude deserved to get dropped....

seeing the grin knocked off his face was hilarious tho...i mean it went from
happy.gif
to
tired.gif
SLEEEP...
roll.gif

forget the n word that's a whole nother can of worms

If he said hows your *dead family member* I have absolutley no problem with him getting laid out. No way he should be suspended the whole year while the otherkid didn't even get one game.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

http://www.youtube.com/v/33yk_QzfyiI&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/33yk_QzfyiI&hl=en&fs=1&

eek.gif
the Vid def shows the fans were way outta line and outta control. Great post. U know, I woulda wanted to whup dude $@* too.

Oh hell no........

Bellotti is thinking of maybe doing another home and home series with these dudes.
smh.gif
People will be at each other's throats if they play again IMO Ican't imagine the hype (regardless of the teams rankings or whatever at the time) and the amount of talk that will happen if this comes to fruition.

The more and more the incident is looked at, the more and more Boise St. and their fan-base look like a cheap, classless, unaccountable program. And this iscoming from somebody who had respect for Petersen and the program. It's slipping away, at least with me, but I'm sure a lot of people are looking atBoise St. and frowning on their poor handle on their end of the problem.
Things need to get taken care of on their end.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Why Did The Fan Hit Blount? The Big Screen. Video Operator Wanted What, A Riot?[/h3] [h4]Posted by Bob Rickert September 05, 2009 14:31PM[/h4]
I just remembered. High in the stands after the game, we were unable to get out of the stadium quickly. So, we were entertained by the video scoreboard. Which showed, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, in what, an attempt to incite a riot, the Blount punch of Hout. They didn't show the cheap verbal comment. They just showed the punch. In slow motion I might add. So they edited it to make Blount look even worse. Over and over and over and over. And the Boise State fans grew angry. And they kept running it.

So, someone tell the video operator it's not okay to show it 24 times in a row. Which is how many times I saw it before I stopped counting. What an idiot.Apparently I'm not the only one who noticed that. Which means, when we find out what Hout actually said, 'Can we broadcast that to their fans over two dozen times so their shamed? They should be. Or maybe the BSU fan who took a whack at Blount? Is that fair game to continuously show on a loop to them? And Oregon fans the next time any team from BSU shows up?

Why were the fans so fired up down there? They'd just seen their guy punched, without knowing that incited it, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Yes, over two dozen times. You want to incite something? That's what you do.

Good job Boise State video operator. Well done. Classless.

Oregon did the right thing with suspending Blount. He was wrong. Completely wrong.

Boise State? Unaccountable, and clueless about how to handle a situation that one of their own guys started.

And so far anyway,unwilling to do a thing to slow it down or take responsibility for their actions. Even the video scoreboard operator.

I was in the stands. At the game. Everyone was great to each other. Then the idiot starts showing a loop of Blount's terrible actions and drunk fans starting screaming obscenities at me. Really? Do I look like a 6' 3" African-American? Then on the walk to the hotel another kid did the same thing from his car. When I asked him if I looked like Blount he started spewing hate at me.

Why? The loop of the incident. Thanks Mr. video scoreboard operator. Thanks for firing up your drunk fans to want to fight everyone. Well done.

This comment posted on a story by Jeff Smith on the Oregonlive site says it all.

Posted by CNUSA on 09/04/09 at 7:35PM

With the exception of Duckjeff is it clear none of the previous posters, including BSUSmartGuy, were at the Bronco Stadium last night. The big screen only showed Blount's punch, nothing leading up to it.

Here is an email I sent earlier today to the BSU man in charge of stadium operations:

Mr. Madden ~

I am a University of Oregon fan who, I hope, is one of many to tell you the actions of LeGarrette Blount is alien to the culture of our fans and our university. I speak as both a graduate of the UO and a 30- year season-ticket owner. I fully support LeGarrette Bount's season suspension and respect the decision to maintain his scholarship. Though this action probably ends any chance of an NFL career, he can now concentrate on getting a degree.

I do, however, have a concern about an incident that seems to be overlooked.

Shortly after Blount was removed from the stadium the BSU big screen operator chose to play and re-play the incident over and over again--almost in a loop. It is not that I object to the fans seeing Blount's stupidity; rather I write about the incendiary reaction it caused.

Up until that time we Oregon fans were treated with warmth and friendship. The Idaho Statesman informs me they plan to publish on Sunday a letter from my wife and me thanking the City of the Boise and BSU fans.

Unfortunately, after about the 5th or 6th time that incident loop was viewed, some BSU fans. . possibly alcohol-fueled. . .decided we Oregon fans were at fault. The language became abusive, the actions threating, tainting an otherwise incredible trip (despite the Oregon loss). Ironically, at that time we Oregon fans were loudly critizing Blount's actions.

I trust the actions of the screen operator were simply "non-thinking" and not intentionally attempting to make a very bad field incident much worse.

smh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

You guyals act like trash talking from the fans doesn't happen in every stadium
Fans hold chairs up and punch athletes? What stadium you go to?
For real
smh.gif
People acting like everything the fans did happens inevery stadium, every game. I've never, NEVER, seen any fan in any other stadium actually try to hit a player leaving the field, let alone make contact.

After hearing what that m_f'n b_ made Hout allegedly asked Blount & seeing those racist fans with chairs & striking him in the face, I stand inBlount's corner now.
grin.gif

Dude should only get 1/2 the season MAX & Hout is one of the biggest POS I've ever seen...I feel like dropping that little b_ myself as I type this.
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif

Only issue I have with Blount @ this point was hitting his OWN teammates...
ohwell.gif

(NOT SAYING WHAT HE DID WAS RIGHT. I CAN JUST REALLY UNDERSTAND WHY HE ACTED LIKE THAT NOW).

Originally Posted by CP1708

Eeexxxxxxxxxxiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllleeeeeeee............

laugh.gif

but he got a new screen name or something? cuz i ain't seen him post in a long time...or you just trying to get him to come out?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by CP1708

Eeexxxxxxxxxxiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllleeeeeeee............

laugh.gif

but he got a new screen name or something? cuz i ain't seen him post in a long time...or you just trying to get him to come out?
laugh.gif

Oh he was a postin fool before this game. Check pages 1-7 of this thread or wherever he was talkin stupid. He out there. Suddenly he appears to be"missing."

Originally Posted by 541 Exile 562

I don't think you can definitively say what would have happened had Bryant not gotten injured. It definitely made a difference, but you can't ignore how physically dominant Oregon was running the ball in the 2nd half. You could argue that when Bryant got injured that swung the momentum, but I think it was inevitable that UO would eventually start controlling the ground. They were already moving the ball in the first half but but had a few mistakes here and there that cost them some points.

Basically, you can't flat out argue that Ok. St. would have won had Bryant not gotten injured while completely ignoring how dominant Oregon was in the 2nd half. When you physically impose your will on someone to that extent, that reveals a serious weakness in a team that would have been uncovered eventually no matter the circumstances.

This dude WildK. Prolly alternate SN or whatever, but he needs to show his face so I can learn what is spin will be for the beating they just took. I'msure he's working on it right now, and when he posts, we'll all feel like Oregon was robbed of this game. It's how Exile operates. His teamsnever get beat, or would have been beaten, it's always about what is taken from his favorite teams. He's a lil @#$%^ like that.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

After hearing what that m_f'n b_ made Hout allegedly asked Blount & seeing those racist fans with chairs & striking him in the face, I stand in Blount's corner now.
grin.gif

Dude should only get 1/2 the season MAX & Hout is one of the biggest POS I've ever seen...I feel like dropping that little b_ myself as I type this.
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif

Only issue I have with Blount @ this point was hitting his OWN teammates...
ohwell.gif

(NOT SAYING WHAT HE DID WAS RIGHT. I CAN JUST REALLY UNDERSTAND WHY HE ACTED LIKE THAT NOW).
??? What do you think Hout said, or asked because I know exactly what was said and it's nothing bad at all. It's actually pretty mellow interms of talking noise

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Smh at the suspension. Did they forgot this is a physical sport ? Free Blount

wow... so punching is okay?
roll.gif
laugh.gif
this isn't boxing or some "hit me with your bestcheap shot" game

Back
Top Bottom