15 Companies That Might Not Survive 2009

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

jepeh21:
Krispy Kreme. (KKD; about 4,000 employees; stock down 50%). The donuts might be good, but Krispy Kreme overestimated Americans' appetite - and that's saying something. This chain overexpanded during the donut heyday of the 1990s - taking on a lot of debt - and now requires high volumes to meet expenses and interest payments. The company has cut costs and closed underperforming stores, but still hasn't earned an operating profit in three years. And now that consumers are cutting back on everything, such improvements may fail to offset top-line declines, leading Krispy Kreme to seek some kind of relief from lenders over the next year.
Charles Barkley rollin' over in his grave.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Originally Posted by desoIation1

add sears to that, they are so desperate to save money that they sold the name of "sears tower" in chicago to another company.
eek.gif
You Serious Fam? You know you gotta take a Fatty L when you do something like that.
smh.gif
word. interesting though. i just saw on CNN that sears was one of the top 5 companies that were hiring

Damn. I hope Six Flags, Krispy Kreme, Sbarro and Landry's don't shut down. Love those places.

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

jepeh21:
Krispy Kreme. (KKD; about 4,000 employees; stock down 50%). The donuts might be good, but Krispy Kreme overestimated Americans' appetite - and that's saying something. This chain overexpanded during the donut heyday of the 1990s - taking on a lot of debt - and now requires high volumes to meet expenses and interest payments. The company has cut costs and closed underperforming stores, but still hasn't earned an operating profit in three years. And now that consumers are cutting back on everything, such improvements may fail to offset top-line declines, leading Krispy Kreme to seek some kind of relief from lenders over the next year.
Charles Barkley rollin' over in his grave.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif

i always support rite aid whenever I can

Here in NYC all you see is duane reades and they always ask you for their club cards. Its annoying as hell.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Here in NYC all you see is duane reades and they always ask you for their club cards. Its annoying as hell.
but it's not annoying when you get a $5 off coupon. so if you were really concerned with saving money you would utilize these opportunities.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

but it's not annoying when you get a $5 off coupon. so if you were really concerned with saving money you would utilize these opportunities.
those coupons come and go

and rite aid have much better prices anyway

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

how is Sbarros going out of biz with $4 slices?
Exactly why they going.
laugh.gif
No eats that trash in NYC when youget slices for 2-2.50 and they are 100x better. Village, Brooklyn and Queens got slices for a dollar fam. Again 4 bux
eek.gif
roll.gif

i work at hollywood video so that must mean our demise is imminent because blockbuster is far more lucrative of a company noooooooooooo
frown.gif

Magic mountain has been in debt for a long time, always trying to sell their property to real estate.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

how is Sbarros going out of biz with $4 slices?
Exactly why they going.
laugh.gif
No eats that trash in NYC when you get slices for 2-2.50 and they are 100x better. Village, Brooklyn and Queens got slices for a dollar fam. Again 4 bux
eek.gif
roll.gif

sarcasm doesnt translate well on the internet

Back
Top Bottom