16-Year-Old Turns Down Harvard AND Stanford to go to FAMU vol. yes..........FAMU

^You do know that most people take their SAT's at 16 right? I took my ACT and SAT2's at 16. Junior year of HS. Most people turn 17 during their junior year.

Look, any reasonable person knows that FAMU pales in comparison to elite schools. I just wish this article more thoroughly addressed his reasons for his decision.

Originally Posted by VirgilMalloy

roll.gif

Along the lines of what I was thinking.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^You do know that most people take their SAT's at 16 right? I took my ACT and SAT2's at 16. Junior year of HS. Most people turn 17 during their junior year.

Look, any reasonable person knows that FAMU pales in comparison to elite schools. I just wish this article more thoroughly addressed his reasons for his decision.

Are these students graduating at 16 as well?

But, I do agree FAMU was a terrible choice.

Originally Posted by StillAtIt

So...?
Kid wanted to go to FAMU instead of Harvard and Stanford. His decision.

Agreed. Let the kid be. It's his life, let him live.

Yeah, I got a 2200 my first try at 16. So did many of my classmates, or higher scores even. It's really not that special.

Of course every time a thread regarding scores or GPA's comes up everyone on NT is a genius, had a 4.0 in high school and crushed the SAT's.

Kinda like how when a thread comes up asking how much dudes can bench press, everyone's response is 300+
laugh.gif

Not saying anyones lying, but it really doesn't matter what school you go to, all that matters is who you know and what you do with the degree you earn.

Little man just got a 120,000 scholarship. Stop throwing salt everywhere.

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by Put em up

*waits for the ignorance to come in and try to down play FAMU....*

(wait for it)

It's hard not to downplay this school when it is a lauding a student who's SAT score is LOWER than my school's entire incoming class AVERAGE (2000+ students). (1447/1600 which translates to a 2171)
Its not just about his score. Its the fact that he's 16 and earned this score on the SAT.
People take the SAT at age 16...  His SAT is average anyway... and he turned down Harvard and Stanford to go to an equivalent of a community college,
roll.gif

Kind of a stupid choice. He coulda went Ivy, got it in, got a good job, and THEN get wild bun.
The thing wit goin to FAMU tho, is that he can excel in his class and has a higher rate of gettin bun while in skool.
Just doesnt look as good on a resume, but Im sure he'll do fine for himself wit certain certificates from FAMU, or like other said to go grad @ an Ivy.

Something is really off. I took the SAT when I was 15, and got pretty good score (1420/1600). There at least 5 people that scored higher then me in my class, so it's not a big deal. And no disrespect to anyone that goes to this school, but which one in this list doesn't fit? Howard, Fort Valley State, Morehouse, Harvard. Both articles seem to be written by FAMU staff so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to stretch the truth to make there school look better (you know, considering the sex tape and all).

Originally Posted by NooEra

Of course every time a thread regarding scores or GPA's comes up everyone on NT is a genius, had a 4.0 in high school and crushed the SAT's.

Kinda like how when a thread comes up asking how much dudes can bench press, everyone's response is 300+
laugh.gif

Not saying anyones lying, but it really doesn't matter what school you go to, all that matters is who you know and what you do with the degree you earn.

I don't think you understand how big a degree is at an Ivy League school like Harvard. It does matter. It's huge in fact.

I don't think anyone is throwing salt. This story just sounds funny.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

laugh.gif

I don't think you understand how big a degree is at an Ivy League school like Harvard. It does matter. It's huge in fact.

I don't think anyone is throwing salt. This story just sounds funny.

Believe me, I understand. I just think it's funny that everyone on NT thinks they're more intelligent than this kid.

At the end of the day, he's going to have a degree in mechanical engineering, probably graduate with a 4.0, and go on to bigger and better things than 90% of the people that post on this board.

Something is really off. I took the SAT when I was 15, and got pretty good score (1420/1600). There at least 5 people that scored higher then me in my class, so it's not a big deal. And no disrespect to anyone that goes to this school, but which one in this list doesn't fit? Howard, Fort Valley State, Morehouse, Harvard. Both articles seem to be written by FAMU staff so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to stretch the truth to make there school look better (you know, considering the sex tape and all).

laugh.gif
Okay smart guy. Master simple English before you type out such a response.

laugh.gif
Reach%20Out.JPEG

So out of everything in my response, you pick out one typo? Instead of coming with an articulate rebuttal you decided to pick out a common mistake? Forget the fact that I actually made a point in my response! The intelligent thing to do here is point out a minor typo!
eyes.gif
Womp, womp. I'm 21 years old, I understand the difference between their, there, and they're. You're trying way too hard for a laugh.

laugh.gif
Reach%20Out.JPEG

So out of everything in my response, you pick out one typo?
eyes.gif
Womp, womp. I'm 21 years old, I understand the difference between their, there, and they're. You're trying way too hard for a laugh.

How about then and than? Trying for a laugh? Not at all, I just think it's funny how everyone's bashing dude for his decision. I would be willing to bet that most of you aren't doing it nearly as big as he is.

Like I said before, at the end of the day, the kid is extremely intelligent and will be doing big things regardless of the college he chose to attend.

And there's nothing really to rebuttal
laugh.gif

You came in here bragging about your SAT score. Where's your point?

The fact that he chose FAMU over those other schools tells you that he's not really that smart.

I go to FAMU btw....

laugh.gif
Reach%20Out.JPEG

So out of everything in my response, you pick out one typo?
eyes.gif

How about then and than? Trying for a laugh? Not at all, I just think it's funny how everyone's bashing dude for his decision. I would be willing to bet that most of you aren't doing it nearly as big as he is.

Like I said before, at the end of the day, the kid is extremely intelligent and will be doing big things regardless of the college he chose to attend.
When did I bash him? When did I say the kid was an idiot? Since when did typos on an internet message dictate my intelligence? I question the accuracy of the story because there are some red flags. That's bashing? Get out of here...

laugh.gif

Wait, so me saying there were people that scored higher than I did and saying that the score wasn't a big deal is me bragging about my score?... No, I was stating that it's not an uncommon score. I've seen people get rejected from Ivy League schools with that score. So what the hell are you talking about again?

laugh.gif

sick.gif

grin.gif

Happens every time.

Back
Top Bottom