19 original sneaker sketches

Here is some of my favorite recent and old sketches nothing really special just thought i post some stuff i did in my spare time since i am pursuing a major in industrial design (automotive) and fashion i wanted to post some of my work and get some feedback before i take my sketches seriously as I drive towards a career in the sneaker designing business all comments welcome, any ideas, concepts, or advice you want me to give me comment, pm, or email me at tracksstarboi@aol.com, also any advice on rendering would be greatly appreciated i have no clue on how to begin with that now on to the sketches...

This is a design exercise i did fusing the nike blazer sb, og air jordan iii, and air yeezy just messing around really

This is a jordan vi inspired sneaker with a modern twist i took some xxi influences and tossed in some tinker cues and i arrived at this 

This is one of my personal original designs with this one i tried to focus on a lightweight (active) breathable mesh side panels similar to a lamborghini and i ran with that idea throughout the rest of the shoe

Another design exercise i did messing around with an reebok training/basketball sneaker

My take on the paul rodriguez fourth signature sneaker had he went in the opposite direction make a style shoe not a simplistic one

Here is the hightop version of it rather than make it two of the same i made this one based off of the dunk and gave it some jordan cues since prod seems to have an interest in jordan shoes

One of my earlier sketches a redo of tinkers movie classic the marty mcfly mag

Nothing really conceptual about this one simply jordan's real answer (not the flight 45 high) to the air yeezy

Air Jordan Boot 

A personal creation of mines a modern twist on some of my most favorite designs

Air Jordan Grown V.4 inspired by the air jordan iv

Eric Koston nike sb

Chris paul's next sneaker 

Inspired by the buggati veyron, the shoe contains a light weight ribbed skeleton to support the foot and allow for a light more stripped away upper

Inspired by leather jackets and their contours around different materials

Inspired by the nissan gt-r

Bape has "aped" the air force, dunk, vans, chucks, air maxes, so why not one of the most popular recent nike releases the air yeezy lol

Tinker inspired but not copied this is me going with more a simplistic design and tinker approach using a nature inspiration

Geometric shapes influenced the simple design of this sneaker

Here is some of my favorite recent and old sketches nothing really special just thought i post some stuff i did in my spare time since i am pursuing a major in industrial design (automotive) and fashion i wanted to post some of my work and get some feedback before i take my sketches seriously as I drive towards a career in the sneaker designing business all comments welcome, any ideas, concepts, or advice you want me to give me comment, pm, or email me at tracksstarboi@aol.com, also any advice on rendering would be greatly appreciated i have no clue on how to begin with that now on to the sketches...

This is a design exercise i did fusing the nike blazer sb, og air jordan iii, and air yeezy just messing around really

This is a jordan vi inspired sneaker with a modern twist i took some xxi influences and tossed in some tinker cues and i arrived at this 

This is one of my personal original designs with this one i tried to focus on a lightweight (active) breathable mesh side panels similar to a lamborghini and i ran with that idea throughout the rest of the shoe

Another design exercise i did messing around with an reebok training/basketball sneaker

My take on the paul rodriguez fourth signature sneaker had he went in the opposite direction make a style shoe not a simplistic one

Here is the hightop version of it rather than make it two of the same i made this one based off of the dunk and gave it some jordan cues since prod seems to have an interest in jordan shoes

One of my earlier sketches a redo of tinkers movie classic the marty mcfly mag

Nothing really conceptual about this one simply jordan's real answer (not the flight 45 high) to the air yeezy

Air Jordan Boot 

A personal creation of mines a modern twist on some of my most favorite designs

Air Jordan Grown V.4 inspired by the air jordan iv

Eric Koston nike sb

Chris paul's next sneaker 

Inspired by the buggati veyron, the shoe contains a light weight ribbed skeleton to support the foot and allow for a light more stripped away upper

Inspired by leather jackets and their contours around different materials

Inspired by the nissan gt-r

Bape has "aped" the air force, dunk, vans, chucks, air maxes, so why not one of the most popular recent nike releases the air yeezy lol

Tinker inspired but not copied this is me going with more a simplistic design and tinker approach using a nature inspiration

Geometric shapes influenced the simple design of this sneaker

you put a lot of work into these! throw them into illustrator and make them into vector art to make them look clean and smooth! that will help a lot

you put a lot of work into these! throw them into illustrator and make them into vector art to make them look clean and smooth! that will help a lot

Don't want to spoil the party but all your sketches kinda look the same. (The profiles, the straight lines and angles) You might want to mix it up. A for effort though.

Don't want to spoil the party but all your sketches kinda look the same. (The profiles, the straight lines and angles) You might want to mix it up. A for effort though.

You are off to a good start but one thing to watch is your proportions, compare the shape of your sketches to pictures of actual shoes. The outsoles are also even, which throws the whole thing off, also add more spring to the toe ( by that I mean it should lift off of the ground, not stay flat like it currently is. It has already been mentioned but they all do look similiar, don't be afraid to try something different and fail it will only help you learn and improve.

When you sketch a shoe you should always draw a line and then draw the shoe on that line so you can see how the shoe would sit on the ground. It also might help you with proportions to trace the outline of an existing shoe and then draw yours from that trace. Its not cheating to do that, almost everyone who draws shoes does that to start out and then once you get a sense of the proper proportions you can try it free hand.

Like I said, you are off to a good start, these are just some things I think you could work on to improve even more

You are off to a good start but one thing to watch is your proportions, compare the shape of your sketches to pictures of actual shoes. The outsoles are also even, which throws the whole thing off, also add more spring to the toe ( by that I mean it should lift off of the ground, not stay flat like it currently is. It has already been mentioned but they all do look similiar, don't be afraid to try something different and fail it will only help you learn and improve.

When you sketch a shoe you should always draw a line and then draw the shoe on that line so you can see how the shoe would sit on the ground. It also might help you with proportions to trace the outline of an existing shoe and then draw yours from that trace. Its not cheating to do that, almost everyone who draws shoes does that to start out and then once you get a sense of the proper proportions you can try it free hand.

Like I said, you are off to a good start, these are just some things I think you could work on to improve even more

those are some nice sketches dood, i like the idea of tracing around the shoe to get the right proportions to start out though, could make these look a lot better...do some different views and angles of the shoes also, if u gonna design shoes, u gotta figure out the whole shoe. They look great though. Keep it up....

those are some nice sketches dood, i like the idea of tracing around the shoe to get the right proportions to start out though, could make these look a lot better...do some different views and angles of the shoes also, if u gonna design shoes, u gotta figure out the whole shoe. They look great though. Keep it up....

Good designs just gotta get the right proportions and youll be able to see alot more of the shoes features. It takes alot of time though. I have been designing for about 2 years now and i still havent gotten anywhere close to where i hope to be after i graduate from my industrial design program. I like your ideas tho especially the GTR concept. Keep workin at it man and hopefully i can get on here and post some of my newer designs.

A||F

Good designs just gotta get the right proportions and youll be able to see alot more of the shoes features. It takes alot of time though. I have been designing for about 2 years now and i still havent gotten anywhere close to where i hope to be after i graduate from my industrial design program. I like your ideas tho especially the GTR concept. Keep workin at it man and hopefully i can get on here and post some of my newer designs.

A||F

Originally Posted by btlgrnd

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by btlgrnd

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom