"1998 YANKEES APPRECIATION VOL. GAME 1 WORLD SERIES AGAINST SAN DIEGO"

This is for my boy Briannnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

1st WS of the 3-Peat.

Brosious was GREAT during this series. I can remember this as if it were Yesterday.

'98 Yanks>>>>>>>>>> Your fav team.

All I remember from watching Game 1 back then was Steve Finleys catch on his stomach
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Jack Murphy Stadium
smokin.gif

All I can remember from that team was the record for wins at the time, their timely hitting, and their utterly dominant bullpen

Best team in any sport i've ever seen

i was in North Carolina watching this game.... being from SoCal, I cheered for the underdog Padres against all these Yankee fans in a sports bar.. I rememberTony Gwynn homered and everyone just shut up.. lol

damn that team was good, my dad tried to convert me into a yankee fan that year we went to a game against the braves that june, it was a pretty hot ticket atthe time because interleague play was only in its 2nd year of existence.

we sat in the bleachers and a braves fan got his hat taken from him, his hat stomped out, and beer poured all over him. the braves won the game but it wasstill a fun time.

still 125 wins, its impressive how dominant they were from 1996-2000, mariano doesn't blow game 4 of the 1997 nlds and the infamous game 7 in arizona,those yankee teams possibly win 6 straigh world series.

i remember in 2001 people were talking about how the 116 win mariner team was better then the 1998 yankees, it was funny when all that talk got shut up.

im a mets fan but what those yankees teams did during that run is defenitly impressive.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I hate the MLB for not having footage on youtube.
Tell me a-%@$!$%! 'bout it, I would have had a slew of avy's done but MLB gotta be little $+##+$%.
smh.gif

laugh.gif
@ Mez

'98 Yankees were crazy...about as close to perfect as you can get as a team.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i was in North Carolina watching this game.... being from SoCal, I cheered for the underdog Padres against all these Yankee fans in a sports bar.. I remember Tony Gwynn homered and everyone just shut up.. lol
And then Greg Vaughn right after.

I was watching the game at a friends house and his dad was a Padres fan. He celebrated as if they had won already.

Even though I'm a DIE-HARD Angel fan, I'm also a Yankee hater, so I can't appreciate.

And even though I'm a DIE-HARD Angel fan, I'm also a a Tony Gwynn fan, so I can't appreciate the Evil Empire putting a halt to Gwynn's final WSappearance.

And even though I'm a DIE-HARD Angel fan, I'm also a SoCal native, so I was definitely pulling for the SoCal team in that WS, so I can'tappreciate.

Hate, hate, hate.

Yep, hate in my heart.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Even though I'm a DIE-HARD Angel fan, I'm also a Yankee hater, so I can't appreciate.

And even though I'm a DIE-HARD Angel fan, I'm also a a Tony Gwynn fan, so I can't appreciate the Evil Empire putting a halt to Gwynn's lone WS appearance.

And even though I'm a DIE-HARD Angel fan, I'm also a SoCal native, so I was definitely pulling for the SoCal team in that WS, so I can't appreciate.

Hate, hate, hate.

Yep, hate in my heart.

laugh.gif

tony gwynn made the world series in 1984 as well, i think he even hit a home run in that series.

lakersmets49ers:
tony gwynn made the world series in 1984 as well, i think he even hit a home run in that series.
You're right. Thanks. I've edited.

i remember in 2001 people were talking about how the 116 win mariner team was better then the 1998 yankees, it was funny when all that talk got shut up.

Well before the playoffs, they were. They topped the Yankees by two wins, and they were expected to run through the playoffs.

The 2001 Yankee team secured the fact by bouncing the Mariners from the playoffs. 1998 Yankees > 2001 Mariners

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

Baseball
eyes.gif

As Sapp said "It's like watching paint"(dry)
I know people that say things like you, and I just give them the
smh.gif

Because they just don't know how special baseball is, and how smart the game is.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

roll.gif
eek.gif
@ Michael Kay

Son sounds like he's about to die on that call.
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know.
Pure comedy.

I got Sterling's Mr. November Jeter walk off call.... it's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As well as the last out of the Subway Series Sterling call
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Oh and calls from the 2000 ALCS game 6 vs the M's.... when the Yanks were down 4-3 going into bot 7 and the Yanks put up a 6 spot.... including a BOMB byJustice into the upper deck
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Michael Kay-----"There it goessss seeeeee ya. Into the upper deck! David Justice with a 3-run home run! And the Yankees have come all theway back they lead 6 to 4..... GET YOUR TOKENS READY! You might be boarding the subway! Ohhh what a big home run by David Justice!!"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom