1st Annual NC Sneaker Summit/Showcase SAT April 26th 2008 *UPDATE*

Alright peoples. Here is the OFFICIAL ...again, OFFICIAL flyer that IS in print to be put out to the public. Lotsof sweat and tears were put into this flyer, so PLEASE..IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY, dont say it at all
embarassed.gif
... big ups to Mr. Hippopatamus and Carolina, and Papi
-I have 4000 of them in print and should have them by Friday night
-UNFORTUNATELY, Dave quality Meat backed out last minute...I greatly apologize, so he will not be there. I hope it wont discourage ya'll from comingout....
Now, ENJOY BIETCHES~~!!!!
smokin.gif

Please help spread the word!!

FRONT

BACK

What:
1st Annual North Carolina Sneaker Summit/Showcase

When: April 26th 200810am~5pm

Who: Anyone who wants to havea good time. Buy kicks from displayers/sellers, see local vendors from across NC, and chill with people.

Where: N.C. State FairgroundsRaleigh, NC---> Martin Building

NORTH CAROLINA STATE FAIRGROUNDS
1025 Blue Ridge Road
Raleigh, NC 27607

The Martin Building is located inside the Fairgrounds, and can be accessed from any open gates into the State Fairgrounds - best accessed from Gate 9 (Turnfrom Blue Ridge Road onto Trinity Road - after entering Gate 9, the rear of Martin Building will be straight ahead with parking around the front. CHECK PICTUREfor those that are reading impaired.

c4f26ad2eab9e7c59931dadb4f5861409280a62c.pjpg

Admission: $2.00 (may change)--> this will also become your raffle ticket for the hourly drawing of goods donated by sponsors.

Other Notes:
- Check out the official website at www.myspace.com/ncsneakersummit for the latest info
-Easiest/quickest contact method is NCSneakerSummit@gmail.com
- We may do a separate 5$ raffle for a high value pair of kicks (TBA)
- Currently in the process of celebrity guests and appearances
-Tons of raffles for give-aways!
c0c367302f78b573709191e71682d8dde63bb48f.pjpg

2cb1632bb7709215d0ff7ad63be6350bb10cdca8.x-png
4b526f1287bc87cc95d1ebdb0989f0c61f20cba4.x-png

Subject of TRADING:
The reason I was against trading to begin with was because my event was not for people to show up, buy kicks, trade kicks, and then go home. My event wasintended to educate and to also inspire up and coming kids to deter them from wearing fakes. furthermore, it is an attempt to help everyone network with manyof these businesses.
Because many of the displayers were people I had to persuade to display, they want to make sure their babies are safe. To do this, I had to think eventparticipants should feel secure before I could cater to guest's needs. I only wanted quality on the tables and I tried my best to do so.

To control the flow of merchandise going in and out, if i stop one side of traffic, it will be easier to manage the flow of possible theft.
Simple terms: There will be no trades inside the building. Anything bought inside the buildinghowever will be tagged with a stamped card with a description of the item. Small items may be given away by vendors so those will not be monitored, but anyshoes purchased will have to have a receipt to walk out of the building. If no shoes are going in, then there shouldnt be any going out unless they werepurchased.

HOWEVER, trades WILL be allowed outside of the building. I have attached a picture of thebuilding below, but if you can see, there is a HUGE area that is roofed, but open space. There are several picnic tables and sitting benches there. I will havea section with signs that say TRADING AREA. Here you can bring your kicks, hang out outside, meet people, and possibly trade with those that may bring someshoes. If a vendor wishes, he/she may bring their item outside to trade with you.
Agan, its roofed, and very very spacious, and security will be able to walk up and down to monitor the area as well. Again, everything is still at your ownrisk and you are responsible for your own things.

I hope this will not deter anyone from not coming and now I hope some of you feel better that transactions doesn't have to be done in the back of thetrunk :smile:

Thanks for understanding guys.

1 week away
roll.gif

also note, please come in thru gate 9 and park around there! The building is right there on the right side after you come thru gate 9!!

Originally Posted by StillHasTheDustOnEm

finally something good to happen in NC ill be coming from charlotte but ill be there
No doubt man. Got a few stores from CHarlotte participating, so its gonna be bumpin' and i think pple are willing to drive up to come check it out.I made sure it wasnt a clubbing event time so then u can wake up, and go , "maybe i'll go check 'em out" and make a day drive, chill, andhang out, hopefuly win something and go home
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by krider31

why the hell is it in Raliegh???? it should be in Charlotte

Its in Raleigh cuz thats where i wanted to have it. If you want to support the sneaker culture and community, then by all means come and support. If not,then its all good...maybe u arent as dedicated. Last time i checked, everyone has always talked the talk about hostin the event, so I am actually very proud toget 10~15 businesses to be interested and have an event where you'll have a chance at winning shoes, gift cards, and other goods.

p.s.--> i travel up and down clt and raleigh every other weekend so one day of a 2 hr drive is not a bad thing, trust me. just come out and support.

So are actually confirmed shoe stores selling kicks at the summit? Or is it just going to be tables with private sellers and rape prices?

What stores have said they were interested in attending? Thanks ahead of time.

Originally Posted by cbpresent

So are actually confirmed shoe stores selling kicks at the summit? Or is it just going to be tables with private sellers and rape prices?

What stores have said they were interested in attending? Thanks ahead of time.

I am still working the perks on who will have a table there or not at the summit from the businesseses. But from what i understand those businesses thatare interested may only display some upcoming kicks, showcase new clothing, etc ...kinda like to promote their store so you can check 'em out.

In terms of selling by collectors, obviously that is the collector's perrogative to sell or not and for what amount. I do/did ask everyone to havedisplaying/showcasing as priority and selling as second...if this makes sense at all.

In terms of businesses, unfortunately I can't mention specific names of stores that have verbally committed but have not "written"committed....since they may change their mind at any point...but just to put it in perspective, its roughly 10~15 businessses showing interest in participatingin some way or another.

Those that i can assure you are the following (since they gave me the paperwork and donation stuff on time)
1. Niche (charlotte)
2. Black Sheep (charlotte)
3. FM Goods and Sounds (raleigh)
4. B'Zar (charleston, SC)

Hope this helps.

Would go, but The Roots are in Charlotte on April 25 and there's no way I'm getting up early to drive to Raleigh the next morning after a show thatlong. I'll be beat tired. Have fun guys!

^^ the event is from 10am ~5pm, the very same reason i did an all day so pple who has/had plans can still make it.. 2hr drive aint bad....and trust me, theraffle will be worth it.
will be updating ya'll soon.

just and FYI for all the NTers

Stores that are participating!! (Some will be there with a table, and some will be donating for the raffle give-away)
1. FM Goods and Sounds (Raleigh, NC)
2. The Niche Market (Charlotte, NC)
3. Black Sheep (Charlotte, NC)
4. Flava Factory (Charlotte, NC)
5. Backdoor Skate Shop (Greenville, NC)
6. Boseman's Sporting Goods (Wilmington, NC)
7. East to West Outfitters (Durham and Greensboro, NC)
8. B'Zar (Charleston, SC)
9. 915 Skate Shop (Greensboro, NC)
10.Vertical Urge (Raleigh, NC)
11. Lime and Basil Restaurant (Chapel Hill, NC)

Alright peoples. Here is the OFFICIAL ...again, OFFICIAL flyer that IS in print to be put out to the public. Lots of sweat and tears were put into this flyer,so PLEASE..IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY, dont say it at all ... big ups to Mr. Hippopatamus and Carolina, and Papi
-I have 4000 of them in print and should have them by Friday night
-UNFORTUNATELY, Dave quality Meat backed out last minute...I greatly apologize, so he will not be there. I hope it wont discourage ya'll from comingout....
Now, ENJOY BIETCHES~~!!!!

Please help spread the word!!

FRONT

BACK

**Update***

I'm gonna create some hype for the event, and also some bad news as well.

Bad News first:
It has been brought to my attention and something I completely neglected---> all buildings have maximum capacity occupancy. With this being said, I'mnot quite sure how much that is, but I think its in the 200's. If pple start hangin out to network and chillin(which i wouldnt mind), and we get a lineoutside b/c of the max amt of peeps, I MAY ask ya'll to step outside for a tad bit....and i KNOW..and I'd hate to do this but in case this event isbigger that what we anticipate, then it may come to that. I wanted ya'll to know first hand.
I'm hoping it doesnt come to be that way, but again, just a heads up.

Good News:
I inventoried all the goodies donated from businesses and MSRP tallies up to OVER $3000 worth of stuff to give-away during the raffles.
For all of you nosey cats, to creat some hype, there's about 15 pairs of shoes for the raffle, and tons of gift cards, and then apparel.
During the raffle i'll mention if its ok or not depending on the stores, but some WILL allow you to exchange the shoes for credit for another size or modelif the size u win doesnt match you. (This is really good)

forget the bad news. It is bout time NC had an offical sneaker summit. NC as far as everything goes has been slept on. NC State is already a perfect locationin Raleigh and I know people at NC State who have heat so make it happen and make these other states catch up to the North Carolina ShoeFreaks. Haha. Insteadof being there, I'll be at the Penn Relays holding down my hometown whlie running for WSSU. North Carolina stand up. Especially Raleigh the Capital City.919 haha

Subject of TRADING:
The reason I was against trading to begin with was because my event was not for people to show up, buy kicks, trade kicks, and then go home. My event wasintended to educate and to also inspire up and coming kids to deter them from wearing fakes. furthermore, it is an attempt to help everyone network with manyof these businesses.
Because many of the displayers were people I had to persuade to display, they want to make sure their babies are safe. To do this, I had to think eventparticipants should feel secure before I could cater to guest's needs. I only wanted quality on the tables and I tried my best to do so.

To control the flow of merchandise going in and out, if i stop one side of traffic, it will be easier to manage the flow of possible theft.
Simple terms: There will be no trades inside the building. Anything bought inside the buildinghowever will be tagged with a stamped card with a description of the item. Small items may be given away by vendors so those will not be monitored, but anyshoes purchased will have to have a receipt to walk out of the building. If no shoes are going in, then there shouldnt be any going out unless they werepurchased.

HOWEVER, trades WILL be allowed outside of the building. I have attached a picture of thebuilding below, but if you can see, there is a HUGE area that is roofed, but open space. There are several picnic tables and sitting benches there. I will havea section with signs that say TRADING AREA. Here you can bring your kicks, hang out outside, meet people, and possibly trade with those that may bring someshoes. If a vendor wishes, he/she may bring their item outside to trade with you.
Agan, its roofed, and very very spacious, and security will be able to walk up and down to monitor the area as well. Again, everything is still at your ownrisk and you are responsible for your own things.

I hope this will not deter anyone from not coming and now I hope some of you feel better that transactions doesn't have to be done in the back of the trunk:smile:

Thanks for understanding guys.

1 week away

also note, please come in thru gate 9 and park around there! The building is right there on the right side after you come thru gate 9!!

wait this is my first event..

so basically inside is for showcasing

and outside is trades, selling

outside is trading, but bring one or two to trade if anyone is willing. I'd prefer no cash flow b/c its against the facility policy outdoors i believe.

INside, some of the showcase people will be selling for sure.

Back
Top Bottom