1st yuku post. 497th on NT. My Collection.

What up.

Don't know most of you, and most of you probably don't know me. I don't post much, but I have sold some stuff on here.

I'm Jourdan. Lurked for a year in 03, joined in 04. Started getting in to kicks in the 7th grade.

The first pair of shoes I bought myself was a pair of Air Max 95 SC in the Obsidian/Light Cyan colorway. It was all downhill after that.

I saved lunch money, allowances, and bday cash to buy kicks. It got worse after I got my first job. I twisted pretzels for a year to supply my addiction. Islept outside of Stussy for 3 hours just to get a pair of Jedis for retail. The summer before my senior year of high school, I bought 11 pairs in 3 months. Iwas out of control.

Since high school, I've had to sell part of the collection to pay for school. It was painful at first, but once I started to see that these things couldpay my bills, my remorse slowly went away. I've said goodbye to a lot of stuff to pay tuition, but I believe that it was better to get rid of the shoes Ididn't wear, since they could be rocked by someone who loved them as much as I once did. This is no game. It's a passion for culture; even art. For me,it's about remembering the way things once were, like my brother's hand-me-down Fire Red Air Jordan IVs with Ninja Turtle laces that came from thePhilippines that I wore when I was in kindergarten. And most of all, it's about expressing yourself. Anyone can go to Pay-less and buy some no-name kicksbecause they're cheap, or choose to wear a pair of Old Navy flip-flops because they're convenient. They might even lie and say they're"comfortable". But sneakers?? These are a form of fashion that reaches the most famous celebrity, to the 30something entrepreneur, to the high schoolteenager, to the child of some wistful parent, to the stinking feet of a bum. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a lifestyle.

Anyways, I apologize for the rant. I should be studying for an Accounting midterm, but I'd rather procrastinate and talk about kicks.
roll.gif

ps. Thanks to all of those who have helped me acquire a few pieces of the collection, and to all those who have helped my cause and purchased what I'vesold. Hope you're enjoying them!

Onto the pics.

Stacks

Air Jordans

Dunks

Nike Basketball

Air Maxes

Vans

Adidas

Misc.

Grails

for sale.
devil.gif

Hopefully, I can acquire the rest of the shoes on my hit list. Good luck to all of you in acquiring yours!

In response to cleanliness, I try my best to keep the important ones clean (promodels, deltaforces, reebok pumps, dunk NL, dirty denim dunk, just because theywere gifts), but I don't baby the rest of em. I wear em to wear em. But at the same time, I don't step through mud intentionally. After the first fewwears, they begin to get more comfortable, so it doesn't stay on my mind to keep em clean. If it's raining, I'll wear my beaters. But if I getcaught in the rain, oh well. I'm just getting the most bang for my buck.
happy.gif

My thread is still in the 9.5 B/S forum. It's past 2 weeks, so I should make a new one. You can find it here:

http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/viewtopic/id/7422

Make sure to keep the B/S stuff in PMs, please.

lovin the air max 96's, tried to get a pair on ebay couple weeks back but lost them at the last second

thanks for all the love!

hope to see some of you guys at the bay area DXC on dec. 15.

hell, you may even see some of these kicks there. tuition is due on dec. 18.

ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom