[| -- 2/19 Official Boston Celtics @ Portland Trail Blazers 10:30 PM EST (ESPN) -- |]

BOS playing great
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and rondo with the dagger. wow, did not know the blazers were this bad. horrible squad.

Rudy playing that reckless euro-ball.

That $*+! doesn't fly here, pal.

Once again, the C's let a team back in.

We're up 15 now thanks to Ray but Doc needs to seriously deal with this now.

Hopefully Nate gives the C's that scoring they need to stay consistent but you can't build a lead and then let Sheed, Daniels, Tony, and BBD squander it.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Hopefully Nate gives the C's that scoring they need to stay consistent but you can't build a lead and then let Sheed, Daniels, Tony, and BBD squander it.
Dude what is with Doc's rotations? I am still dumbfounded on this crap.

Let the league suspend Sheed for his techs, I wouldn't mind.

Well, this is just a Ray Ray highlight show. Let KG and Truth rest for the rest of the game. Take Ray out in a couple minutes. Ray ALLEN for THREEEEEEE

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Dude what is with Doc's rotations? I am still dumbfounded on this crap.

Let the league suspend Sheed for his techs, I wouldn't mind.

finnns, I think Doc is trying to have the starters make the impact early and then rest them as much as possible but he's gotta know the game is never that simple.  

Unfortunately, our great players are also older players, so Doc is resting them earlier and more often while our opponents can afford to keep their own younger starters on the floor longer.  This is often when opponents go on runs and we lose leads.  It doesn't help that we haven't had a real backup PG (welcome Nate!) and we have that lazy schlub Sheed taking turn-around fadeaways from the angle.  And you know Tony isn't doing anything unless it's in transition.  Bottom line, Celts get stagnant while the other teams can extend their starters' minutes, which gives them a scoring advantage to get back into the game.

While I was typing this, I see Ray is doing work.  Back up 20+!

finnns, I think Doc is trying to have the starters make the impact early and then rest them as much as possible but he's gotta know the game is never that simple.  

Unfortunately, our great players are also older players, so Doc is resting them earlier and more often while our opponents can afford to keep their own younger starters on the floor longer.  This is often when opponents go on runs and we lose leads.  It doesn't help that we haven't had a real backup PG (welcome Nate!) and we have that lazy schlub Sheed taking turn-around fadeaways from the angle.  And you know Tony isn't doing anything unless it's in transition.  Bottom line, Celts get stagnant while the other teams can extend their starters' minutes, which gives them a scoring advantage to get back into the game.

Good explanation, that's how I see it. Unfortunately Danny didn't do us any favors grabbing Sheed. At this point, I'd take Powe over Sheed, at least he hustles. I don't know what Doc and Danny see in Scalabrine to keep him on the roster. He's #%@^@ awful.

In any case, a lot of talent when healthy and I know this team is capable of playing with any team in the league. Dudes counting them out already will change tones once playoffs start.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Good explanation, that's how I see it. Unfortunately Danny didn't do us any favors grabbing Sheed. At this point, I'd take Powe over Sheed, at least he hustles. I don't know what Doc and Danny see in Scalabrine to keep him on the roster. He's #%@^@ awful.

In any case, a lot of talent when healthy and I know this team is capable of playing with any team in the league. Dudes counting them out already will change tones once playoffs start.

96-76.  Another quality win, back-to-back.  Nice.  And we haven't seen what Nate can do yet.

I don't know how Scal made it to the L in the first place.  Inexplicable.

As far as playoffs, I don't doubt what this team is capable of.  C's have already beaten the Cavs and Lakers this year. 

And the Hawks get the better of us but Phoenix, a team by all accounts not playing great ball, beat them tonight.  Atlanta isn't some juggernaut.  It's still Cleveland, Boston, Orlando in the East.

Nice win tonight.  On to Denver.

Back
Top Bottom