2 NJ teens shot in apparent sneaker robbery; 1 fatally

Two teenage cousins were shot -- one fatally -- outside their Lakewood home by an armed robber who only got away with a pair of sneakers.

The victims were apparently walking home when they were accosted by a suspect near their garden-style apartment complex, Woodlake Manor, on New HampshireAvenue.

The gunman reportedly robbed the teens, believed to be cousins, and then opened fire.

Police say 17-year-old Ricky Garcia was shot in the head and chest and pronounced dead at the scene.

The 15-year-old Fernando Reyes was shot in the chest. He was rushed to Jersey Shore University Medical Center, where he was in surgery and in criticalcondition.
Eyewitness News is told the suspect fled into the woods near the apartment complex. No arrests were immediately made.

A cousin of the victims said all the gunman got away with was a pair of sneakers.

"As they were making their way into Woodlake Manor, shots rang out. People came out the bushes and they were robbed. Young Ricki was shot in the head andkilled. My cousin right now is in surgery -- we're just waiting," victim's cousin Pedro Alvarez said.

Garcia was a junior at Lakewood High School.

damn shame

everybody becarefull

Sad. I remember being little hearing people getting killed in DC for Jordans and even for North Faces

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Over kicks? Word? East Coast is serious, glad I moved out of there.
East coast is traveling backwards in time, stick-up kids and sneakers in 2009?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Freaking crazy, all these sad stories in 09...

Usually NT is ready for a new year, but the hate for this year/decade is unprecedented. The worst year in the last 5 of my life, can't wait til it ends.

Over some damn shoes? Its going to be a tough holiday for the family. May God help them through this.

Shoes really? Why didn't the robber just steal some from Gabes like all the other poor people.

Originally Posted by H3h45

LOL at stick up kids going anywhere. People are always going to get robbed.

willing to take life away for a pair of sneakers..
smh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by H3h45

LOL at stick up kids going anywhere. People are always going to get robbed.

Truth, but over shoes though. Atleast come up on some bread. SMH at these backwards thieves, they hustling backwards.

smh@NT....

am i the only one who wants to know what pair he got away with!?!?!!?

Back
Top Bottom