20 Years ago today both these Classic albums were released

In rotation right now
nthat.gif

I was about 12/13 when I bought 36 Chambers, still remember the first time I heard it on my Walkman and my mind being blown. After that I became obsessed with the Wu, almost got a damn Wu tatt in high school :lol:

Had the honor of catching Tribe twice before they decided to not tour together after the Yeezus tour.

Both undisputed classics by two of the top 3 hip-hop groups of all time :pimp: They don't make em like this anymore.

Last edited:
All of my fellow Hip Hop heads on IG & Tumblr are paying homage today. I remember going to Wherehouse Music and copping these the day they dropped.
nthat.gif

I'm 17 and I'm glad to hear this for the first time. Old heads get at me with the old school!

Tribe is my all time favorite Hip-Hop group.

Who can name everybody on the cover to MM without looking it up?

classics :smokin

been bumpin 36 chambers all day... its amazing how well this album has aged over the course of 20 years. the grittiness, the storytelling, the lyricism, the production, everything about it is perfect. its amazing how they were just getting started when this dropped too... OB4CL, tical, liquid swords, ironman, supreme clientele, return to the 36 chambers: the dirty verson, etc. what a run :smh:

classics
smokin.gif

been bumpin 36 chambers all day... its amazing how well this album has aged over the course of 20 years. the grittiness, the storytelling, the lyricism, the production, everything about it is perfect. its amazing how they were just getting started when this dropped too... OB4CL, tical, liquid swords, ironman, supreme clientele, return to the 36 chambers: the dirty verson, etc. what a run
mean.gif
This. Essentially the start of the ever-so-illustrious career that we call RZA's production catalog.
nthat.gif

Last edited:
2 of my top 5 favorite rap albums ever. Both came out a little bit before my time but I was put on to these albums years later by my older cousin and I remember playing the cassettes so my much that my walkman ending up destroying both. These classics helped define my taste in music forever, much appreciated.

These was certified classics when these albums dropped i was bout 9 or 10 around this time my big bro had both albums he was in High School & when the WU dropped ENTER 36 mannnnnnn it turned us in to WU HEADS he started rocking WU WEAR, ROCKIN WALLABIES, WATCHING ALL THOSE KU FUNG MOVIES...lmao man we loved the WU man he still rock with em every time they come down here to the N.O. he goes to check them out..THE WU is still my favorite HIP HOP group they were real G's that nobody even thought about beefin with even during the EAST VS. WEST beef everybody got a shot thrown at them except for the WU...
-"Da Mystery of Chessboxin'"
-Can it be all so Simple
-CREAM
-CLAN IN THE FRONT
-WU TANG CLAN AIN'T NUTHIN TO FU@K WIT
-PROTECT YOUR NECK
Those my personal favs from ENTER 36

MIDNIGHT MARAUDERS was the isssh man a I loved this album Tribe was the coolest hip hop group ever besides GANG STARR they were the smoothest dudes in hiphop at the time I was just listening to "WE GOT THE JAZZ" they other day it made me just think how rappers back then were into MUSIC & they knew real music unlike these clowns today
-LYRICS TO GO
-ELECTRIC RELAXATION
-SUCKA NI**A
My personal favs from this album...
Much respect to these albums & artist I'm glad i was around when they 1st dropped it made me fall in love with this music we call hiphop...

Both classics. When 36 Chambers dropped it was my workout joint...bumpin it in my discman while doing stadiums @6am, before high school basketball practice...the life.

Also I remember when I wore my wu-tang shirt to class, my home ec teacher asked, "is that a word for a woman's vagina".
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom