2000-09 NBA team of the decade?

i dont see how this is an argument...everyone saying the spurs is missing a set of chromosomes or something
indifferent.gif

finals 6/10 years.
3 peat of championships
the closest in finals appearances is 3....

no contest lakers

is it me or have the spurs faced weaker opponents in the finals than any other team? 99 knicks
roll.gif
, 2003 nets
roll.gif
, 2005 pistons (best team they faced), 07 cavaliers
roll.gif

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

i dont see how this is an argument...everyone saying the spurs is missing a set of chromosomes or something
indifferent.gif

finals 6/10 years.
3 peat of championships
the closest in finals appearances is 3....

no contest lakers

Agreed...Amount of Championships is even so u go to other criteria...which clearly favors the Lakers

Originally Posted by knightngale

is it me or have the spurs faced weaker opponents in the finals than any other team? 99 knicks
roll.gif
, 2003 nets
roll.gif
roll.gif

isn't like the Lakers took out world beaters in their 3 peat.

Right now, it has to be the Spurs. They've been to the second round or farther every year this decade except '00 and '09. That's prettyincredible. Plus the 3 chips. If the Lakers win it this year I think it'll be an interesting argument. They'll have the edge in chips 4 to 3, but theyalso had a 3-year stretch where they missed the playoffs in '05 followed by two 1st round exits. The Spurs have been unbelievably consistent throughout thedecade.

Spurs were a luck shot, a dumb foul and a Ginobili injury away from possibly 6 in a row

Those early Laker teams were good but the Spurs are/were the definition of a consistency

the lakers regardless of what happens in this finals but the spurs are still a very close second.

my reasoning for the lakers, the lakers have more conference championships this decade, and they went 4-1 against the spurs in the playoffs this decade aswell.

Originally Posted by knightngale

roll.gif
, 2003 nets
roll.gif
roll.gif

2005 pistons > 2007 cavs

the 2005 pistons were a legit opponent that was damn close to repeating as champs.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Has to be the Spurs

how is that? i could have swore the spurs lost to the other team that won 3 titles this decade in 2001, 2002, 2004, and 2008 playoffs

i could have swore the lakers have 5 western conference titles to the spurs 3.

i could have swore the spurs never repeated as champions either.

those are the 3 tiebreakers that work in the lakers favor.

If the Lakers win the 2009 Finals then it's the Lakers.
If they don't then it's the Spurs.

Lakers championships in this decade: '00, '01, '02
Spurs championships in this decade: '03, '05, '07 (they had one in 1999 but if we're talking about this decade then that one doesn't factorin)

So it's 3-3 right now in terms of championships in this decade.

Right now (today) though....it's the San Antonio Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom