* 2002 WCFs Lakers vs Kings Game 5: "The REAL Greatest Tragedy in Sports"

one of the most overlooked screwjobs in my opinion.

so much trickery and tim donaghying in the final minute of that game

1. webbers blatant travel and thuggish throwing fisher out the way on setting up the illegal screen for bibbys winning shot.

2. the ball going out of bounds on Chris Webber the play before he set the illegal screen that allowed Bibby to hit the winning shot

3. the obvious no foul call on kobe on that last shot.

4. the b.s. ticky tack fouls that were called on shaq all game long that night.

It's been 7 years and I'm still outraged and feel violated about one of the most overlooked poorly officated games in all of sports history. In factI'm so hurt in a few months I'm going to cry about it and make this same useless thread again, most likely when the playoffs start.

This isn't going to end well.
laugh.gif

The kings franchise fell apart after that series. The lakers won the championship, and you have the audacity to complain?

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

The kings franchise fell apart after that series. The lakers won the championship, and you have the audacity to complain?

lol i'm just waiting for acknowledgment from sacramento fans that there were horrible calls in game 5.

most laker fans will admit that they got alot of favorable calls in game 6, but it seems as if the sacramento fans are in denial and forget they got away withalot also.

and that game didn't destroy the scaramento kings. going into the 2002-03 season they were the favorites to win the title, especially with the lakersmaking no moves that off season and shaq sitting out the first part of the season. they switched to those ugly uniforms and had a dissapointing season thatyear.

they also had the best record in the league for most of the 2003-04 season but fell apart late in the season. that game 6 didn't destroy that team, age didwithin 3 years they were getting put out in the first round and trading key pieces of the team.

and still no sacramento fans have came in here and acknowledged that they got game 5 handed to them, most laker fans don't deny game 6 but sacramento fansstill think they won game 5 fairly.

Originally Posted by acidicality

like i said when i saw the lakers getting screwed that night i wondered to myself, "does god hate the lakers?" that loss was so devesatating tome at the time.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Originally Posted by acidicality

like i said when i saw the lakers getting screwed that night i wondered to myself, "does god hate the lakers?" that loss was so devesatating to me at the time.

A team that has 14 championships, including winning the previous two championships in 2002, and is now in position to compete for several more in the next fewyears. Yes, God truly hates the Lakers.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Is this why some people don't like Lakers fans?
laugh.gif
i don't know why they wouldn't like laker fans. i mean like i said i like my teams but i'm unbiased, i admited the lakers got somequestionable calls in game 6 but im just tired of this crying from sacramento fans. its old after a while and every few months another one makes a threadcrying about something that happened 7 years ago, yet their in complete denial about them getting handed the previous game. it seems like whenever someonecalls out sacramento fans for getting handed game 5 by the refs they can never come up with a logical answer to that.

laugh.gif
i don't know why they wouldn't like laker fans. i mean like i said i like my teams but i'm unbiased, i admited the lakers got some questionable calls in game 6 but im just tired of this crying from sacramento fans. its old after a while and every few months another one makes a thread crying about something that happened 7 years ago, yet their in complete denial about them getting handed the previous game. it seems like whenever someone calls out sacramento fans for getting handed game 5 by the refs they can never come up with a logical answer to that.
overall though, you win, the lakers won, theres not going to be an astrisk..move on

Originally Posted by vctry20

laugh.gif
i don't know why they wouldn't like laker fans. i mean like i said i like my teams but i'm unbiased, i admited the lakers got some questionable calls in game 6 but im just tired of this crying from sacramento fans. its old after a while and every few months another one makes a thread crying about something that happened 7 years ago, yet their in complete denial about them getting handed the previous game. it seems like whenever someone calls out sacramento fans for getting handed game 5 by the refs they can never come up with a logical answer to that.
overall though, you win, the lakers won, theres not going to be an astrisk..move on
yeah but that game made me question the leagues integrity and made me wonder if certain games were rigged.

Back
Top Bottom