2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

You really think Miguel could considerably slow down Margarito Gunna ??

and Sammy Sosa comin out of hibernation was weird
laugh.gif

Paul williams with no power in his punchs wore Margarito DOWN what yall think cotto going to do who throws WITH power

B Hop is gonna KO Calzaghe, I can feel it in the air like Phil Collins

laugh.gif
BHop "I would never let a white boy beat me"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

them puerto ricans almost killed Hopkins for throwin the flag... dude barely escaped
laugh.gif

people need to stop saying Hopkins was "fearless" and showed "balls" when he threw the falg down in PR. what he showed was that he dontthink before he does anything

Originally Posted by aRog27

You really think Miguel could considerably slow down Margarito Gunna ??

and Sammy Sosa comin out of hibernation was weird
laugh.gif

Without a doubt Cotto would give Tony a damn good beating. He's patient, selective, defense has gotten considerably better, his jab is like a pitcherlearning a nasty 12-6 curve (it's deadly), his power is already too much for Tony. Tony fought a Cintron tonight(i like Cintron a lot) that was coming offa horrible fight (imo) against Feliciano, coming off his hand injury, and relied on the ref a little too much tonight. Margarito is good, YES, but not goodenough to beat Cotto.

Put it this way: Williams beat Margarito....Cotto beat Quintana (BADLY)... Quintana beat Williams (smh)...you can figure out the rest
PBF DON'T WANT IT WITH COTTO!!!!!

^^^ Sorry Cotto is using that "I'm humble I won't call out PBF" because he knows he will get the business just like everyone else has thathas went against PBF.

Paul williams also throws 100 punches a round and is taller than Cotto and Maragarito .

I missed the first 5 rd of Dawson -Johnson but what I saw was great I have to see the first few rds but i thought Glenn pulled it out .
Im not mad Dawson won but 116-112 !$+ no way

Margarito - Cintron - Pretty much went like i thought Kermit started Ok then the full court press got put on and he folds up , he was putting himself in badspots bending over and turning his back YOU DONT DO THAT . And trust me that body shot that ended it was hard didnt expect it he thought the hook was coming upstairs . His arm went up and Bang it was over (the clip of Margarito yelling for him to get up was funny)

I still have to watch Tarver-Woods of what little I saw looked like Tarver was out boxing woods pretty easy .(the woman next to wood's wife was bad though)

Cotto - Gomez - was target practice Cotto came out fast and Gomez was doomed , Cotto did what ever he wanted and Gomez was getting blasted

Oh and WE DONT NEED NO STINKING FLOYD . He doesnt want to fight anyone and there are plenty of great fights that can be made in the division that dont includehim ,

Cotto- Margarito = Assault with intent to maim , if you miss this revoke your boxing fanhood

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

^^^ Sorry Cotto is using that "I'm humble I won't call out PBF" because he knows he will get the business just like everyone else has that has went against PBF.

Exactly. HE IS HUMBLE.
grin.gif
PBF doesn't want anything to do withCotto no matter what he says. Avoiding his name is enough to see that PBF knows what Cotto is capable of doing. Not saying Cotto would win or lose, but you canbet your $%% PBF will get his $%% worked and it will def. touch the canvas on more than one occasion.

Show him $30 million and he will take it.

Cotto showed how lethal his body punches are although he did it against a lesser opponent in Gomez. Gomez got knocked down on a strong jab which Cotto islearning to throw it more because he has some power behind the jab.

IMO Floyd Mayweather would get a Unanimous decision vs Cotto. Floyd would never go toe to toe vs Cotto because thats not his Floyd's style and Floyd willoutbox Cotto in everyway possible and score points by throwing clean punches and the judges will see that Floyd's boxing skill is way superior to that ofCotto's.

Margarito defeated Cintron it was as if Cintron didn't want to fight tonight he kept on looking at the referee to come in but it was his fault he wasgetting hit behind the head because he kept on lowering his head causing Margarito's wildness to punch behind the head.

If a Margarto vs Cotto match takes place i know Cotto would win he is way better technically and has the better boxing skills Margarito is too wild to keep upwith Cotto.

Well i guess saying i had an off night would be a massive understatement. Oh well, just gotta make sure to watch more tape before makin predictions next time.

One thing about the Chad-Glenn fight: I had it a draw, but i think Chad deserved it a LITTLE more than Glenn. I had 3 REALLY close rounds that i had a hardtime going one way or the other on. 1 of them i gave to Chad, and 2 i gave to Glenn. So, i can see 116-112 if you gave Chad EVERY close round, but that iskinda stretching it. Still, i think i was closer to giving it to Chad than i was to Glenn. 116-112 is pretty wide, but i have no problem with it going to Chad.
I gave rounds 1,2,4,6,7,8 to Chad. I gave rounds 3,5,9,10,11,12 to Glen.
Rounds 4, 9, and 11 i had a tough time deciding who should get them,

One thing i liked, Tarver calling out Dawson and seeming honest about willing to fight Dawson. That is a very necessary fight for the Light HeavyweightDivision.

As for the other 3 fights, i don't know what the %*+! i was thinking
laugh.gif

Mike, No +%%$#% WAY.
I had chad up by 1 before the 10th started. and Chad won No rounds after that IMO

GLenn won that fight, a draw at worst.

cosign
IMO Floyd Mayweather would get a Unanimous decision vs Cotto. Floyd would never go toe to toe vs Cotto because thats not his Floyd's style and Floyd will outbox Cotto in everyway possible and score points by throwing clean punches and the judges will see that Floyd's boxing skill is way superior to that of Cotto's.

I agree
Put it this way: Williams beat Margarito....Cotto beat Quintana (BADLY)... Quintana beat Williams (smh)...you can figure out the rest
I don't agree with that logical at all. Williams and Margarito's style are about as different as night and day

I still have to watch Tarver-Woods of what little I saw looked like Tarver was out boxing woods pretty easy .(the woman next to wood's wife was bad though)
I couldn't make it past round 3, good luck with that
Cotto- Margarito = Assault with intent to maim , if you miss this revoke your boxing fanhood

Agreed.

And arguably Cotto's best opponent in the 147 division

I thought it was real unprofessional of Cintron to keep lowering his head to avoid getting hit, basically staying in that stance for 3 or 4 seconds and thenpleading with the ref to take a point away. I could understand the low blow warning because Margarito got off about 5 or 6 below the belt in the 1st round butthe hitting behind the head was a little out of hand. Cotto just destroyed Gomez and had a cockiness about him all night long. He's just going to keepcleaning out the divison until Mayweather fights him. I think Cotto could have 3 of the 4 alphabet belts by the end of the year. I don't get a lot ofhate for Margarito I think he'd do pretty well against Cotto, not saying he'd win but he wouldn't get shut down or destroyed like people suggest. I love Margarito lol I gotta defend him. My friend taped the Showtime fights so I either have to go over to her house or go buy something called a VCR.
his power is already too much for Tony

He has a very good chin.
B Hop is gonna KO Calzaghe, I can feel it in the air like Phil Collins

As long as String doesn't put him in his sig...
laugh.gif

I also think that B-Hop will win vs Joe Calzaghe can't wait for this one it will surely be a very technical fight i don't expect a war but someflurries by Calzaghe but in the end Hopkins will win either by decision it could go either way but i'm choosing Hopkins as the winner.

Oh and WE DONT NEED NO STINKING FLOYD . He doesnt want to fight anyone and there are plenty of great fights that can be made in the division that dont include him
The division is slowly losing its luster

I'm rooting for Bernard..... I don't feel like updating the sig though

embarassed.gif

IF Cotto beats Margarito, he DESERVES a fight with PBF. But, we all know PBF will duck that fight. He will probably fight De La Hoya for the 3rd time before hefights a threat like Cotto.

I'm rooting for Bernard..... I don't feel like updating the sig though

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Do it because if by some chance Bernard loses I'll know who to blame.
Anybody else, think it was funny that Manny went straight from training to commentator in a matter of minutes
I felt like they wanted to say something funny to him but they were holding back. Same as when Peter beat Oleg and they were talking aboutKlitschko, Lampley had this smirk on his face you knew he wanted to say some smart alec +*#@
laugh.gif

Cotto showed how lethal his body punches are although he did it against a lesser opponent in Gomez.
Margarito destroyed Cintron's body and took all of the steam out of his punches and Cintron is usually a big puncher. I just want to hypeMargarito up some more.

Back
Top Bottom