2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

Yea, I meant to type damn near 50
laugh.gif

Joe Cal deservedly won the fight, and I'm not saying that because I picked him to win. Hopkins should have nothing to be ashamed of, but I lost respect forhim in the way he handled the interview with Max. Just give Joe his props and move on. Dan Rafael scoring the fight for his friend Hopkins is no surprise.

I scored the fight 114-113.

Calzaghe didn't land the cleaner effective punches he just threw lots of punches but they didn't have any power behind them and i thought he lost thefight. His flurries were like Juan Diaz punches but with less connect in the right places he didn't outbox Hopkins he just threw more punches whichdoesn't necessarily mean that he was the more effictive punches.

Hopkins landed some hard punches on the inside and the first round knockdown was a close punch that somewhat hurt Calzaghe. All or most of Calzaghe'spunches were missing or hitting Hopkins on the arms and elbows none really hard punches that made Hopkins back off. Hopkins was slick tonight and avoidedCalzaghe's punches by clinching a lot.

string done did it again
smh.gif

Anyway, i had it 114-113 for Calzaghe, i can see 115-112 Calzaghe, but 116-111 is insane. Thats 9 rounds to 3 for Calzaghe. Fight went about as i thought itwould. Bernard would land some clean shots, some nice counterpunches, but in the end would just not be active enough to beat Joe. Feels good to get one rightafter the last few weeks.

I don't really get the beef with Joe Cortez. Yeah he let a lot go tonight, but he let a lot go both ways. He let B-hop hold and hit, he let Joe get awaywith lowblows and rabbit punches, both guys were fighting dirty, so i have no problem with how it was refereed. He wasn't exactly firm, but i felt he wasfair to both sides. He's had better days, but i don't think this was necessarily a bad day for him.

Originally Posted by TheWire11

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

good win, but those are some of the most ineffective punches Ive seen landed since Baby Bull Diaz
laugh.gif
No joke

yup
What yall complaining about ?

Ain't no way in HELL, Joe won that fight 116 - 111

No way, you can't convince me of that

I agree it was bad scoring but he still deserved to win. Does the score really matter as long as they got the right fighter winning ?

Joe was throwing alot of soft punches but he was landing some good shots at times and stood active unlike hopkins.

And no he will NOT destroy Pavlik. I would go with pavlik in that fight. He throws hard punches all fight long and we've all seen him get hurt bad,get upand come back with a KO.

I dunno, Pavlik gets hit quite a bit, Joe might be able to keep him off balance enough from movement and landed punches to win a decision against Kelly. Kellyneeds to improve his D a little bit more before he takes a fight with Calzaghe.

I agree with ya'll Joe took it, but not by that large of a margin.

and damn it feels good to be able to have your cake and eat it too UFC in my room and B-Hop in the living room
pimp.gif

Stringer, your avy is one hell of a curse.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

fa real String, please dont put any of my favorite fighters in your Avy.
I'll PM u a list of off limit fighters
laugh.gif

Next on my hit list

Andre Berto
Miguel Cotto
Edison Miranda
Shane Mosley
Pernell Whitaker
Manny Pacquaio
Oscar De La Hoya.....then I'm going to Vegas and putting money on Forbes

laugh.gif

yo, i was just thinking about it, i think String's curse foes further than we all thought. His username is Stringer Bell 32, Stringer Bell gets killed.Alternate name is TheWire11, the wire gets pulled off of HBO, and now every boxer appearing in String's avy loses. This is past a coincidence, this is aconspiracy of some kind.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

yo, i was just thinking about it, i think String's curse foes further than we all thought. His username is Stringer Bell 32, Stringer Bell gets killed. Alternate name is TheWire11, the wire gets pulled off of HBO, and now every boxer appearing in String's avy loses. This is past a coincidence, this is a conspiracy of some kind.
nerd.gif

Alright, I'll play along
the 11 in my SN is for one of my favorite Chicago ballers growing up

get_image

and we all know what just happened with the Knicks

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

ROach is a fool, what fight is he watchin?>

I really hope u guys dont pay much to watch hopkins he is an awfull fighter wats with all this BS ruining the fight with his stupid act
Bruh, Bernard is damn near 40
laugh.gif

Good win for Joe,

Try 43... lol

i just watched the fight this morning. there is now way someone could score this fight 116-111 the HBO dude and that Judge are #*#@%++ stupid for that. 116-111means ALL close rounds went to joe and none to Bhop

Stevie Forbes is going to get murked ! Floyd senior don't play and is gonna have Oscar rip the ole boy. February 26, 1977- May 3.2008
smh.gif
smh.gif

i just watched the fight this morning. there is now way someone could score this fight 116-111 the HBO dude and that Judge are #*#@%++ stupid for that. 116-111 means ALL close rounds went to joe and none to Bhop
I was there and actually heard Lederman tell Giampa he did a good job
laugh.gif
Let me guess, knowing Lederman's love for aggressive he must have had Calzaghe way ahead (I haven't watched the HBO broadcast yet).

I'll post some pics and vids later
pimp.gif

If I'm not mistaken Ledermann had it 116 - 111 for Joe C

which was INSANE because there is no way Joe beat down Bernard like that

Back
Top Bottom