[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Dont know if this is posted. Link

black_feature.jpg

[h1]Los Angeles Lakers: New Black Uniforms in The Future?[/h1]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/205722-los-angeles-lakers-new-black-uniforms-in-the-future Imagine if the Lakers introduced an alternate black jersey, to occasionally wear on "big time" road games. How intimidating would the Lakers be marching into T.D. Banknorth Garden with a dominating black, trimmed with traditional purple and gold?
With strong talks of the Celtics introducing a new alternate jersey for home, (one that would be similar in design to their alternate away uniforms) nothing would be better for the Lakers than to introduce a new black jersey. (No design or print changed whatsoever)

Now many "traditionalists" are probably screaming their lungs out right now, but remember it's not a complete jersey overhaul. The Lakers' away purple jerseys would still dominate for much of the season, but a touch of black here and there would not hurt.

Again to those traditionalists, the Lakers have changed the design of their jerseys five times since moving to L.A.

Most would agree that those changes have ultimately made the Lakers' uniforms better.

Change is indeed good.

As we head into the next decade, a fresh, black alternate jersey for the Lakers would do wonders.

Besides, just how good does the black, purple, and gold look?
I think these jerseys would look pretty sick. The added black is a nice touch.
I don't like them they remind me of

Sacramento-Kings-Toss-Pillow-21551452742.jpg

Not even close dude. That was the last thing I thought of.

They might tweak the jersey a bit differently than the picture shown.

I thought Stern made a rule that a team can't have a black uniform unless black is actually one of the team's colors...

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

I thought Stern made a rule that a team can't have a black uniform unless black is actually one of the team's colors...
Really? I thought the rule was that there were too many black jerseys in the league at one time.

I remember the Wizards weren't allowed, and they have black trim in their jerseys.

We ain't even close to the Kings ones, we have trophy patches we could put on, they would have to steal theirs from another team.
wink.gif

laugh.gif

i dont think the lakers should have any alternate jerseys but the blacks > whites. ive always hated the whites, i liked how the lakers were the only team towear non-white jerseys at home

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

i dont think the lakers should have any alternate jerseys but the blacks > whites. ive always hated the whites, i liked how the lakers were the only team to wear non-white jerseys at home
Well, in this day in age, you have teams wearing non-white jerseys at home...

White jerseys are one of the best jerseys out there, a black one added to the mix
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

i dont think the lakers should have any alternate jerseys but the blacks > whites. ive always hated the whites, i liked how the lakers were the only team to wear non-white jerseys at home

White jerseys are one of the best jerseys out there, a black one added to the mix
pimp.gif
in the nba? all i can think of are the cavs with those retro yellow jerseys, and that seemed like a temporary thing

The sunday whites are great. I wouldn't mind a black jersey but it has to look way better then the one in the pic. I could go to my local swap meet andpick that thing up.

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

Don't really like those kind of black alternates. The only black Lakers jersey that I liked was this one which they never wore.

kobe-slam.jpg
Yep.

They never wore these, because, well, they're swingmans.

Some years back Nike did their take on retro jersey's and added their touch called REWIND. Taking retro jerseys and flipping the color schemes. I have thesame rewind jersey but it's the yellow one.

I regret passing on this black one. I remember in the same SLAM article, Kobe wearing this uni because he always wanted to wear a black Laker jersey and thiswas the only one they had.

pimp.gif
in the nba? all i can think of are the cavs with those retro yellow jerseys, and that seemed like a temporary thing

Besides the Cavs, the heat played a game in their black unis, the celtics use that ugly green jersey at home, the Suns wore that orange jersey.
It's only Sunday games, and X-mas when the home whites are brought out. It's not much.

And tupac, yes I agree, that black jersey shown up there has been replicated by the swap meet vendors.
laugh.gif

I used to love being the only team in the league that didn't wear a white jersey at home too, but when I seen ours debuted for Sunday's...........thatthing is bangin.
pimp.gif

We aren't talkin about mustard yellow joints, or pea green, we're talkin our colors mixed in with black. And if done right, those things will be the#1 selling jersey's in the land. Easy.

pimp.gif
Some teams celebrate St. Patrick's day by wearing green jerseys at home like the Bulls and Nuggets. The Heat wore black "El Heat" athome once this season too.

those were all special events/occasions though. the cavs were the only team to wear that retro at home with regularity

A 4th jersey would be nice "Lights Out". I miss Rewind jerseys, I was the first dude with the Shaq black rewind in HS. Broke so many necks. I have abunch still but don't rock 4x anymore.

*crosses fingers* I really hope we do this. And wear it opening night with the trophy patch.

Lakers, Kings Front Runners To Land Nate?
Newsday - 06/29 - 3:55 PM EST (AP Photo)
The Lakers and Kings appear to be the front runners to land guard Nate Robinson, a restricted free agent of the Knicks. Sacramento was reportedly close toswinging a deal that involved Robinson and Jared Jeffries at February's trading deadline, but talks between the Kings and Knicks fell through. It'spossible that the two teams could rekindle talks this summer. The Lakers was rumored to have inquired about Robinson after he scored 33 points at the StaplesCenter in December, and both Kobe Bryant and Jerry Buss gushed about the guard after the mid-December game.

Someone explain to me how that would happen
laugh.gif

Just as the article stated that both Kobe and Buss gushed over Robinson, the media takes that and runs with the story just to have a story.
laugh.gif

Rumor mill.

^
Exactly, Kobe and Buss were impressed by a big game = sign him?
grin.gif

Yeah, thas how teams do business.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

It's a sign & trade for Sasha.
Wishful thinking, or talkin real here?

Sasha is a D'Antoni type player, but that can't be real can it?

Would have to mean bye bye to Shannon too I would think.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

It's a sign & trade for Sasha.
Whoa, there's no way Walsh is that stupid.

Who would you guys rather have anyway, Brown or Robinson? I can't believe that's even a question, but Brown impressed the Hell out of me

laugh.gif
It's definitely wishful thinking.

Walsh won't sacrifice 2010, but Sasha would be such a great fit with D'Antoni, not because of their playing styles because they're so good atbitching and whining.

I wouldn't even want to choose between Nate & S.Brown, but would be an abundance of energy off the bench with Nate Rob as the PG and Brown at the SG.

Just bored here, in fact ... I'm gonna hit up N.Rob on Twitter and ask him what's really good.

Maaaaan, got my mouth all waterin over here and you's just tellin jokes?
smh.gif

Ain't right man, ain't right.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Soon as KB starts readin down the page and sees that, people gonna be hearin "CLEAR!!" as they try to revive him.

You dudes are confused if you want those black alternates, that !$%$ is like Soulja Boy ... TRASH.

Back
Top Bottom