[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

^^ to think about it.. bynum does have a chance to be an all-star!

No Shaq, No Yao.. Great! this might get his confidence up or something..

I really, really think this is Bynum's year to step it up.

I mean, the past two years he was well on his way to establishing his game until freak injuries came and ended that.

If we can somehow avoid that this season, I don't see why he can't finally become the stand out player he's shown flashes of before.

Heads up I hear the Wheaties box is out..

Anyone get that 08-09 yearbook magazine? Its like 20 bucks and Kobe on the cover (shocker). Anyway its pretty dope. Good friend of mine gave me his extra copy.Oh and Lakewood/long Beach area peeps my store (fanzz sports) is suspose to be getting the dvd this week.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by tupac003

RicBucherLatest on LO and Portland: Blazers not interested, according to a source.about 16 hours ago from web
LO just take our deal....

Portland about to offer LO a 50 year contract.

laugh.gif
...i dont believe anything this fool bucher says...ever since he saidkobe has played his last game as a Laker
sick.gif

Lamar just stay fool!

as for bynum...if he stays injury free next season and play like he did before he got hurt the last two yrs he should be ok but not all-star yet

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:01 am EDT
[h4]Brown returns to Lakers; Odom negotiations far apart[/h4]

One free agent signing down and one to go for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Shannon Brown(notes) agreed to accept $4.2 million over the next two years, with the second year his option, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The reserve guard will be back with the Lakers, but there has been no movement on Lamar Odom(notes), one of the last big-name free agents still seeking a home. Odom was on the Lakers' books for $14.1 million last season, but the Lakers are balking at his asking price of more than $10 million a season, according to the Times.

"There's really nothing to report," said a source familiar with the negotiations who wasn't authorized to talk publicly.

If the Lakers don't get Odom, whom they can basically sign without regard to the salary cap, their only other spending tool of note is the "biannual exception," in which teams over the salary cap can sign a free agent to a two-year contract starting at $1.99 million next season.

Source: Los Angeles Times

Related: Shannon Brown, Lamar Odom, Los Angeles Lakers

odom shouldve been signed by now!!!!!

Originally Posted by travman24

Buy or sale:

Bynum will be an All-Star next season?
No, not even close.

Duncan or Amare may start at center if the NBA lists them there with Yao and Shaq gone.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Buy or sale:

No, not even close.

Duncan or Amare may start at center if the NBA lists them there with Yao and Shaq gone.
Well Duncan hasn't been listed as a C in his entire career, but Amare may go back to that position this year so if Drew stays healthy andplays like he did before the injury, he has a good chance of being the backup.

Odom_Lamar_lal.jpg
There has been no movement in negotiations between the Lakers and free-agent forward Lamar Odom.

Odom, who made $14.1 million last season, is asking for $10 million per year in a new contact. Los Angeles doesn't appear willing to grant his request, especially with their payroll increasing.

"There's really nothing to report," said a source.

If the Lakers don't re-sign Odom, there only spending tool is the biannual exception, an offer of a two-year contract starting at $1.99 million.

"I hope so," Kobe Bryant said of Odom returning. "He better be."

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Buy or sale:

No, not even close.

Well Duncan hasn't been listed as a C in his entire career, but Amare may go back to that position this year so if Drew stays healthy and plays like he did before the injury, he has a good chance of being the backup.
I think Duncan was listed at center a couple of seasons ago, but complained and was listed as a forward
laugh.gif

Grimey wrote:
Odom_Lamar_lal.jpg
There has been no movement in negotiations between the Lakers and free-agent forward Lamar Odom.

Odom, who made $14.1 million last season, is asking for $10 million per year in a new contact. Los Angeles doesn't appear willing to grant his request, especially with their payroll increasing.

"There's really nothing to report," said a source.

If the Lakers don't re-sign Odom, there only spending tool is the biannual exception, an offer of a two-year contract starting at $1.99 million.

"I hope so," Kobe Bryant said of Odom returning. "He better be."

Well Kobe talk to management and make it happy. They seem to give him whatever h wants.

I'm not going to be happy if we lose both Ariza and Odom (our main ofseason priorities) in the interest of bringing in one the NBA's biggest loserswith stupid numbers and hair dye and face paint and whatever else Artest thinks of.
All so he could fulfill his shower room promise to his bff Kobe.

Odom better get signed.

I'm not going to be happy if we lose both Ariza and Odom (our main ofseason priorities) in the interest of bringing in one the NBA's biggest losers with stupid numbers and hair dye and face paint and whatever else Artest thinks of.
All so he could fulfill his shower room promise to his bff Kobe.

Odom better get signed.
If Odom leaves, why would you blame it on Artest?

Artest signed for the MLE, which has no effect on Lamar's negotiations. If anything, Ron signing for the MLE made it easier for Lamar to return.. Trevorwanted more than the MLE, and if LA gave Trev more than the MLE, Lamar definitely wouldn't return.

Your hate for Ron is clouding your logic my man

My point is the front office should have been sitting on Odom and Ariza's doorstep at midnight July 1 just like other teams do to free agents they try tolure. Instead they went after this fake winner and so far have done little else.

I think Odom will sign eventually, but more because of lack of good options rather then us workin hard to get him back.

My logic is never ever clouded. Despite what Mike thinks.
laugh.gif

My point is the front office should have been sitting on Odom and Ariza's doorstep at midnight July 1 just like other teams do to free agents they try to lure. Instead they went after this fake winner and so far have done little else.

I think Odom will sign eventually, but more because of lack of good options rather then us workin hard to get him back.

My logic is never ever clouded. Despite what Mike thinks.
laugh.gif
Haha the point is Ron has nothing to do with Lamar.

So referencing Ron in Lamar's negotiations is unnecessary and irrelevant. In fact, if anything, by Ron coming to LA it actually helps the Lamar situation.

+They are close friends
+Ron signed for the MLE, helping LA out money wise to retain Lamar

If you don't think Mitch was on Lamar's doorstep on July 1st, well I don't know what else to tell ya. If you think they chose to chase Ron andforget about Lamar, I don't know what else to tell ya.

The only other way you could blame Ron, is if Lamar was willing to take the MLE but Mitch chose Ron over Lamar

[h2]Source: Blazers Interested In Odom[/h2]
Jul 07, 2009 4:29 PM EST

por_40.gif
A source with knowledge of the situation claims that the Trail Blazers are interested in free-agent forward Lamar Odom.

The source described the situation as "lukewarm" to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com.

Portland is deciding what they should do with nearly $9 million in cap space. In addition to Odom, options include restricted free-agent forward David Lee and point guard Andre Miller.

Via CBS Sports

Portland Trail Blazers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

I can't blame the front office if Odom leaves...

We just can not give him the 10 mil he wants a season. Its just like paying him 20 mil a year.

If the Blazers give him 9 mil and he leaves I don't know what more we could have done. It's easy for us to spend Dr. Buss's money. But If you werefilpping the bill I bet you would think twice about paying him 20 mil a season.

We just have to see what happens. Lamar would be STUPID to go to portland but we have seen how dumb some of our players can be....

Originally Posted by tupac003

RicBucherLatest on LO and Portland: Blazers not interested, according to a source.about 16 hours ago from web
LO just take our deal....

Portland about to offer LO a 50 year contract.

Holden, next time you are unsure of why not to trust Ric Bucher, please read the story above.

Not to say it will be done or anything, but Buch knows ZERO when it comes to the Lakers. He still tryna make us look bad for screwin him over in the Kobesituation 2 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom