[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

So someone help me understand exactly what LO wants

Starting job?
More money?
More years?
Get away from Kobe?

I simply don't understand why he wouldn't take LA's offer of 4 years 36 million. They did offer him that right?

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

So someone help me understand exactly what LO wants

Starting job?
More money?
More years?
Get away from Kobe?

I simply don't understand why he wouldn't take LA's offer of 4 years 36 million. They did offer him that right?
Not exactly, that was rumored.

The only offer that was on the table was the 3 year deal, that's why we are right back at square one.

If he signs with Utah
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If he signs with Portland
eek.gif

If he signs with Miami
grin.gif

If he signs with the Lakers, could mean back to back ring possibilities. Why would he want to go somewhere else.

You look at a guy like Shannon Brown, just the look of happiness on his face says it all, he's playing in LA and for the Lakers, he always looks like alittle kid in a candy store
laugh.gif

OK well my next question

There are several Laker fans at Club Lakers that are trying to tell me that Odom prefers a 5 year deal even if it means less overall money.

Can someone explain to me how that makes sense?

For instance, let's assume LA offered him 4 years 36 million, and Miami offered him 5 years 33 million.

How does working longer for less pay make any sense? These other guys are telling me it's about the years, not the money but I'm not grasping thisconcept.

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

I guess Kobe called Odom last nite.. Hopefully he'll talk some sense into dude..

Someone's opinion can only do so much for a person. For all you know, Kobe may just tell him to come back for his own pleasure knowing he could getanother ring. That might not be Odom's main priority.

I don't know exactly what Odom is looking for in terms of a contract. He probably wants more years knowing that when he gets 34 or 35, he will be closeto retirement. He came in at 19 or 20?, so he's been in the league for 10 years now. He wants that security for 5 years I'm guessing. Whatever it is,there has to be SOMETHING to why he's kinda ignoring LAL.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

OK well my next question

There are several Laker fans at Club Lakers that are trying to tell me that Odom prefers a 5 year deal even if it means less overall money.

Can someone explain to me how that makes sense?

For instance, let's assume LA offered him 4 years 36 million, and Miami offered him 5 years 33 million.

How does working longer for less pay make any sense? These other guys are telling me it's about the years, not the money but I'm not grasping this concept.

Because at least he's guaranteed money in that 5th year as opposed to maybe being out of the league at that point. He knows this is probably his lastcontract, unless he gets like a one year deal at the age of 34, but no way he can know if he'll get one of those.

CP i feel the same way about that bastard the machine...its funny how you defended him but yet you hate on artest
laugh.gif

odom pffft he wants marion type of money?...c'mon nothing against odom but marions actually consistant and he shows up every game

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

I guess Kobe called Odom last nite.. Hopefully he'll talk some sense into dude..

Someone's opinion can only do so much for a person. For all you know, Kobe may just tell him to come back for his own pleasure knowing he could get another ring. That might not be Odom's main priority.

I don't know exactly what Odom is looking for in terms of a contract. He probably wants more years knowing that when he gets 34 or 35, he will be close to retirement. He came in at 19 or 20?, so he's been in the league for 10 years now. He wants that security for 5 years I'm guessing. Whatever it is, there has to be SOMETHING to why he's kinda ignoring LAL.
IMO that's why he should have signed that 3 year 30 mill deal in the first place

After that contract, he'd be 32 or 33. Still a GREAT chance at getting the MLE at 3 years 18 mill or even 5 years 33 mill.

That means 6 years at 48 million or even 8 years at 63 million

If he signs a 5 year deal he'll be 34 or 35 and will have a slimmer chance at getting another MLE.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

CP i feel the same way about that bastard the machine...its funny how you defended him but yet you hate on artest
laugh.gif

odom pffft he wants marion type of money?...c'mon nothing against odom but marions actually consistant and he shows up every game

?

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

?

odom...we know he doesnt show up every game...but marion does

why the hell is the machine still with LA ?
mad.gif
Is he related to the Buss family or something ? It boggle me this scrub is still on the roster after theseyears.

CP1708 wrote:

laugh.gif

?

Marion may "show up" but he is a system player. He played well in PHX but his other stops...not so much.

I would rather have an inconsitant Lamar over Marion.

sasha makes $4,300 per minute
sasha makes $64500 per game
sasha makes $5,000,000 per season
i hate sasha but
i need this SASHA money

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

?

Really?
nerd.gif

I'm sayin, boy got me over on ESPN lookin up another Marion in the NBA or somethin.
laugh.gif

Shawn Marion only showed up in the NBA when Mike Antoni was his coach, since then, not so much. Dallas givin him 38 mil is a joke of Anderson Varejaoproportions.

Ok, maybe not that bad, but bad.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

why the hell is the machine still with LA ?
mad.gif
Is he related to the Buss family or something ? It boggle me this scrub is still on the roster after these years.

Contract. When a player signs a contract they stay with that team unless its traded. Pretty simple....
roll.gif

[h2]Morrison Acknowledges NBA Career Is On The Line[/h2]
Jul 16, 2009 10:54 AM EST

lal_40.gif
Adam Morrison will turn 25 on Sunday, but this represents a pivotal point in his career.

"Yeah, it's my contract year," he said. "If I don't perform well, I might not be in the league. It's definitely a big year."

Morrison praised the Lakers for giving him a chance to prove himself.

"A lot of people left me for dead," Morrison said. "A lot of people said I couldn't play. And [the Lakers] gave me a chance to get healthy, and I'll get a chance hopefully to prove I can play."

Via Los Angeles Times

Los Angeles Lakers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

I hope this kid does well. I think he will.

the offer is fair for both sides..5 year 38 mil is what? 7 point something mil per season....if the lakers are willing to give artest a 5 year deal, why arethey hesitant to give odom a a 5year deal?

Originally Posted by tupac003

CP1708 wrote:

laugh.gif

?

Marion may "show up" but he is a system player. He played well in PHX but his other stops...not so much.

I would rather have an inconsitant Lamar over Marion.
Honestly I've never been impressed at all with Shawn Marion's game. Watching him over the years in the league he's always been aplayer who has just gotten by on his crazy athleticism, where he's been blessed with insane hops and a crazy vertical. Back when he was with the Sunseveryone on here use to say that he was a lock down defender and people even compared him to Scottie Pippen in his prime. Also on his way out of Phoenix plentyof player including Steve Nash complained about how he was in the locker room and how he was a team cancer.

Here's my final 2 cents on Lamar Odom.

His past 5 years with the Lakers he's really been an enigma. I've said countless time on here how LO is the most frustrating Laker to watch on thisteam and mainly because a lot of us on here see so much talent in him and know he should be playing better at time or be playing at an allstar levelconsistently. Especially during the tough years where Kobe carried the team on his back just to get the Lakers the 8th or 7th seed. During those seasons weneeded LO to be the 2nd man & go to go after Kobe, but LO never did or didn't want to embrace that role. Honestly LO benefited the most when theLaker's got Pau Gasol. Everyone says that Kobe finally got the perfect role player and his next dynamic duo, but actually LO benefited the most because heno longer had to deal with the expectations of being that dynamic duo with Kobe. If you look back LO played his best stretch of games when Bynum when down withhis knee injuries the past 2 seasons, dude was straight up balling and was a beast on cleaning up the glass.

Now the way him and his agent handled the contract situation was totally wrong ! Yeah he can say all he wants about how he needs to look out for his family andthat may be why he's holding out for more season on his new contract. But man Dr. Buss gives you 2 contract offers at $9 million over 4 years or $10million over 3 years and you don't even bother to call him back that's just straight up disrespectful when your getting offered around what he askedfor and more than what any other team can offer you. Dr. Buss is already paying a lot in luxury taxes for the next 5 years and yet he offered you thosecontracts and yet LO or his agent decide to hold out for more years.

Honestly if he doesn't come back to the Lakers I won't miss him to much, even though I know the Lakers will have a harder time repeating next season.

Bottom line is no player & his agent his agent is bigger than the Lakers franchise and you don't try to strong hold Dr. Buss when it comes to thebusiness part of basketball.

Just ask Shaq how that turned out for him 5 years ago when he yelled at Dr. Buss in a pre season game in Hawaii saying "Now will you F'ing payme"

saw it on TLN that LO is agreeing on a 4yr - $36M offer to stay with the Lakers.
not official yet, but i sure hope it's true!!!

Back
Top Bottom