2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Somehow, van der Vaart is poised to stay. Miguel Torres to Getafe nearly complete.. buy back clause will be placed.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

i guess this is the last installment until january. i must say with the loss of ronaldo im NOT happy with saf's signings this summer. valencia,owen and obertan(who wont feature much) just wont cut it. owen and valencia together prob wont even hit 20 goals all competition let alone the 20 league goals ronaldo was averaging the last few seasons. i was hoping we'd atleast sign another attacking midfielder or another striker..guess that wont happen till january or next summer after the wc. didn't even sign nuer who could have been an adequate replacement for van der saar. smh alex..smh.
sad.gif
mad.gif
sad.gif

Heitinga isn't consistent on defense. At the same time, he was called for many fouls that he probably won't be called for in England.

Thanks for spending some of the 40 mil we had to spend Wenger, you idiot. Now for the ACN in January we're going to be missing Song and Eboue, but peopleare saying that's when he'll get Matuidi, but dammit I wanted Chamakh to help us rack up goals till January.

Very disappointing transfer deadline day. Hardly anything newsworthy happened.

I dont expect Arsenal to win anything this season but I was hoping we would beef up our midfield and attack. As usual, we'll be left stranded later in theseason when players get injured or suspended and fatigue catches up to us.

It seems like the bad economy has a lot of owners unwilling to spend money. Chelsea could use another striker, Man Utd. need a dynamic player to partially fillthe void left by C. Ronaldo and Liverpool and Arsenal have several holes as well.

Nonetheless, this should be the most wide-open title race we've had in England in a while. Although I'm sure it'll end up being a two-horse race atthe end, I'm hoping that 4-5 teams remain in the mix as we head into March and April.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

"We'll be ready next year"

"I feel confident in this team, we don't need any new signings"
aka wenger was prob trying to give bordeaux lower than they wanted for chamakh.

He should have stop being a baby and just dished 9mil, they would have taken and we would have ourselves a new 15+ goal striker. Same for Matuidi too, but Isee him scooping him during the Jan transfer window when Eboue and Song are gone, let's hope he gets us both of them.

Quick question...does anyone know if the Argentina vs Brazil game on Saturday will be shown?
I can't seem to find it...fox soccer is showing England game...anybody know?

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

Chelsea banned from signing/registering new players until January 2011 transfer window.
yeah,i just read that on soccernet:

Chelsea banned from making transfers

FIFA have banned Chelsea from registering any new players until January 2011, meaning they will not be able to recruit any new signings for two transfer windows, after being found guilty of inducing French teenager Gael Kakuta to breach his contract with Lens.

The 18-year-old winger joined Chelsea from the Ligue 1 side in 2007, after which the French club lodged a complaint with world football's governing body.

FIFA's Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) finally passed their decision on the contractual dispute on Thursday and handed down a hefty ban and substantial fine to the Blues.

A statement from FIFA read: "The DRC found that the player had indeed breached a contract signed with the French club. Equally, the DRC deemed it to be established that the English club induced the player to such a breach

"As a result the player was condemned to pay compensation in the amount of €780,000, for which the club, Chelsea, are jointly and severally liable.

"A restriction of four months on his eligibility to play in official matches has been imposed on Kakuta. Chelsea are banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for the two next entire and consecutive registration periods following the notification of the present decision.

"Furthermore, the club, Chelsea, have to pay Lens training compensation in the amount of €130,000."

Under FIFA regulations Chelsea now have 10 days in which to lodge an appeal with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). Given the severity of the punishment, it is almost certain the club will take that course of action.

eek.gif

Does anyone know where I can watch the Argentina vs. Brazil game online or on T.V? I heard that it was going to be "pay-per-view" but i wanted towatch it online because I don't feel like going to a bar just to watch the game. Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom