2009 NBA All-Star Game 8 p.m. EST On TNT

I find it odd that Phil didn't play Kobe, Pau, and Shaq together at all. Hint? Is he saving something?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

The Co-MVP's seemed like the fairy tale of the weekend. They've been highlighting this story from the start, did a segment on it before the game, andBAM... I enjoyed it, but it's a little questionable.

my take on the whole thing....
Shaq has realized that he should have stayed with the Lakers.... he knows he could have won a ton more rings had he stayed. he is lobbying to come back in thefuture.
Kobe doesnt like the idea...... because he hasnt won a 4th ring.... i think this makes him boil even more...

i think Kobe was kinda stand off with the whole Shaq gettin back cool with him thing..... but i think he opened himself to it, and it genuinly seems like hehas put it behind him..... not completely yet....but he has.

if Kobe wins a ring this year, lets bring Shaq back..... and win some more, and go out like we should have in the first place.

I agree that something's fishy about the Co-MVP thing, but remember they did it when Stockton/Malone split it when the game was in Utah.

Also, Kobe had me trippin out when he was talking about going back into the locker room and watching Steel Magnolias..

Is an East city ever going to host an All-Star game again? It'll be 7 straight years it's gonna be in the West, I have this on my bucket list and wouldlike to attend an All-Star weekend, the NBA needs to bring this to Miami or Orlando in 2011.

I blame whoever put that East team together, gave us a horrible game.

How the hell they make a team full of guards and wingmen
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

the East is going to win this game. Their starting lineup is about 3002x better than the West
Collectively? No.

Individually?

Iverson < Paul
Wade < Kobe
James > Amar'e
Garnett < Duncan
Howard > Yao

No.

Comparing the benches isn't even worth a discussion. The West could put together a lineup of "bench" players that might be better than the East's starters.

The West has six players that are 6'10" and above. The East has two, and one of them is a three-point shooter.

From top to bottom, these rosters aren't even that close, for an All-Star Game.
People really thought the East would win?

The writing was on the wall.

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Shaq has realized that he should have stayed with the Lakers.... he knows he could have won a ton more rings had he stayed. he is lobbying to come back in the future.
Kobe doesnt like the idea...... because he hasnt won a 4th ring.... i think this makes him boil even more...

i think Kobe was kinda stand off with the whole Shaq gettin back cool with him thing..... but i think he opened himself to it, and it genuinly seems like he has put it behind him..... not completely yet....but he has.

if Kobe wins a ring this year, lets bring Shaq back..... and win some more, and go out like we should have in the first place.
laugh.gif
@ this, shaq wasnt the problem kobes ego was and the frontoffice for not deading it before it got out of hand.

tell kobe wins on his own he dont want shaq to come bac. unless kobe has come to realize that HE cant win one alone

but i think shaq is just lobbying to get his jersey hanging from there

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Originally Posted by dyyhard

how much more of a blowout would it have been if KD was on the West?

lets just say he wouldnt of pulled a JJ or Rashard Lewis or Yao and score little to nothing

the man is a gunner. no way that would have happened this year and especially next year, since they held him out this year.

if Kobe wins a ring this year, lets bring Shaq back
not the first time I've seen this said.

And leads me to believe some people are more Kobe fans than Laker fans.

Yall wouldn't take Shaq to get a ring? Just as a luxury if Kobe gets one solo?

Originally Posted by allen3xis

as a Knicks fan, I'm definitely been a Kobe fan more so than a Laker fan obviously
But I've never been a fan of Shaq because I was in the crowd that felt that he was a ****up because he always used to come into the season overweight, butas of late, his charisma is winning me over I must say.

Shaq has realized that he should have stayed with the Lakers.... he knows he could have won a ton more rings had he stayed. he is lobbying to come back in the future.

i think Kobe was kinda stand off with the whole Shaq gettin back cool with him thing..... but i think he opened himself to it, and it genuinly seems like he has put it behind him..... not completely yet....but he has.

I hope it does go down that way...... Kobe wins his 4th this year without Shaq.... then wins a 5th with Shaq next year.... Shaq gets a 5th and retires... Bronwill be on deck to get his first after that haters... lol

Originally Posted by CasperJr

laugh.gif
@ this, shaq wasnt the problem kobes ego was and the front office for not deading it before it got out of hand.

tell kobe wins on his own he dont want shaq to come bac. unless kobe has come to realize that HE cant win one alone

but i think shaq is just lobbying to get his jersey hanging from there

What are you the ultimate Kobe hater? Geez...they BOTH played a major part in it...Who even cares anymore anyways?

And this dude Tmoney is the Kobe version of Xtralebronfan.

Well as a fan of a certain player it sucks when people keep talking trash about a certain player and putting astericks next to his name when talking about hischampionships. This Lakers team is a championship caliber team. Thus it would be cool if Kobe could win one without Shaq just to quiet all the haters, eventhough if you think about it, the Lakers probably would have still lost last year even with Shaq on the Lakers (remember Lakers/Pistons in 04). But still, itdoesnt matter, long season ahead of us, should be fun to see what team folds and what team is still standing tall. Not to mention all the potential trades thatcould change any given teams luck ala Pistons in 04 with teh Sheed trade.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

as a Knicks fan, I'm definitely been a Kobe fan more so than a Laker fan obviously
But I've never been a fan of Shaq because I was in the crowd that felt that he was a ****up because he always used to come into the season overweight, but as of late, his charisma is winning me over I must say.

I really don't think Shaq's weight hampered him too much. Especially since his weight, at the time, wasan advantage. All his injuries, none of them, in my opinion, were directly related to his weight. Big Guys like Ewing, Hakeem, etc all had and have knee'sissues or foot problems, etc so I don't think Shaq had anything out of the ordinary. And, lets remember, the 'weight' thing was always anissue when he was in his prime. And in his prime, he was still the most dominant player in the game so...just an excuse for the bickering...

i know i'm late but i just saw the box score right now and just wanted to put in joe's stats, not hating or anything but boy did he have a miserablegame...
[table][tr][td]Bench[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td]FG[/td] [td]3Pt[/td] [td]FT[/td] [td]http://[/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Reb[/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]BS[/td] [td]BA[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]Pts [/td] [/tr][tr][td] J. Johnson[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]21:38[/td] [td]0-4[/td] [td]0-3[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]-28[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom