2009 UAAP-NCAA Thread

i wonder sino tatanggalin ng feu sa team this time
laugh.gif

i just dont get bakit sa semis magbebenta feu for ateneo, pano kung masulot sila ng ue?
kung ako magayos ng pagbebenta vs ateneo na agad sa finals para sureball champs!
i think natalo lang talage feu and ue was simply just the better team but thats just me
smile.gif

I think FEU didn't have the leader, RR Garcia is a great player, but he is still raw in terms of controlling the game, he dribbles a lot, that maybe afactor they missed in Barroca

Kudos to UE. They deserve to be in the finals. It's hard to be in the sidelines a while ago especially after the game.

Well, that's basketball, you win some, you lose some.

Let's go at it again next year.

Good thing is, Barroca will be the only one gone in the team. Who knows, they might call him back.

I smell a Blue Eagle sweep.
pimp.gif

Regarding Gwynne Capacio (DLSZ), reports have it that the Capacios want to send the kid to Ateneo. Ever since daw, Coach Glenn and the family leaned towardsAteneo.

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

thanks for the confirmation

i can see him competing with nico salva for the starting spot
smile.gif

I haven't seen the kid play but I know he plays the 4 in Zobel. I'm watching the Juniors Finals so I'll be catching a glimpse of him then.

Ateneo for the back to back! Go Ateneo, One Big FIGHT!!!

Key Matchups:
Salamat - Lee
Llagas - Rabeh
Espiritu - Baclao

FEU sorely missed the leadership of Barroca. RR Garcia had lapses in the final minutes. Cawaling or Sanga weren't able to get a shot off in the end.

From Chris Tiu's blog:

"It was a very short and tiring trip, but very fruitful indeed. Cj Giles, JV Casio, Mac Baracael, Jason Ballesteros, Magi Sison, Mark Barocca, JapethAguilar, Fil-Australians Sebastian Salinas and Matt Schmechtig, and myself made up the 10-man lineup.
Andguess who was assigned to be my roommate, the hottest man on the news Mark Barocca! We had a long and emotional chat. I was being very attentive andopen-minded. I could feel his sincerity, disappointment and frustration. He was very open and candid, which made me realize that he was indeed a victim. I gavehim a rosary and a St. Josemaria Escriva prayer card from my mom. He thanked me and he took out a St. Jude prayer booklet which he read before going tobed."

Check out the rest of the entry here:

http://chris-tiu.blogspot.com/2009/09/smart-choice.html

Originally Posted by Gameover2

smile.gif

I haven't seen the kid play but I know he plays the 4 in Zobel. I'm watching the Juniors Finals so I'll be catching a glimpse of him then.
That's what I know as well, that they're leaning towards Ateneo for college. His 1st cousin plays for the Eaglets as well, though he'snot as good.

Originally Posted by psx0529

smile.gif

That's what I know as well, that they're leaning towards Ateneo for college. His 1st cousin plays for the Eaglets as well, though he's not as good.

Tim Capacio is lagging way behind Gwynne in basketball skills.
laugh.gif

Knights finally end Golden Stags' win streak....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Letran Knights became the first team in Season 85 to hammer down the San Sebastian' Golden Stags' first ever defeat and guaranteeing a FinalFour tournament in the oldest collegiate league in the land. Letran clinched their 12th win in 17 games on Sept 25 with a, 80-63, victory over San Sebastianat the Filoil Flying V Arena.

"We were clearly out-hustled. We also missed a lot of foul shots [a total of 19], and we also missed a lot of easy layups. I guess it's alsobecause of the pressure", Golden Stags Head Coach Ato Agustin said after the game.

"Actually, it's okay that we had to lose for us to learn from our mistakes, for us to make the necessary adjustments and what we lack in our gameplan, Letran came in more prepared", Coach Agustin added.

San Sebastian, with an average of just a little over 10 turnovers per game, turned the ball over 23 times in this game compared to Letran's 16.Surprisingly, the Knights dominated the game after the 5th deadlock with a 17-point lead at the 4:39 minute mark in the 4th period. Letran's biggeststood at 7-points, 42-49 late in the 3rd Quarter. Following that shot was a 10-3 run by the Knights who virtually closed out the lights on the streakingStags.

RJ Jazul and Rey Guevarra exploded for 27 points each plus a combined 11 rebounds and 5 assists. Jimbo Aquino had a quiet 23 point performance with 5rebounds, while Calvin Abueva added 18 points and 9 rebounds.
Letran had 14 fastbreak points compared to San Sebastian's 5.

The Knights were able to limit the Golden Stags' scoring output to just 63 with an average of 80-points in 15 games.

Letran Head Coach Louie Alas, who was not thinking about San Sebastian's unblemished record coming into today's game said, "This windoesn't have any effect on our position in the Final Four. Actually, I told my boys that if we weren't the one going up against San Sebastian today, Iwould've prayed for them to have a sweep [of the elimination round]. Either way, we're going up against them in the Final Four. I told the boys that wecan compete against an unbeaten team".

BOX SCORES:

LETRAN 80 - Jazul 27, Guevarra 27, K. Alas 10, Cortes 7, Belencion 5, Datang 2, Del Rosario 2, Malabago 0, J. Alas 0, Foronda 0, Gutilban 0.

SAN SEBASTIAN 63 - Aquino 23, Abueva 18, Raymundo 7, Sangalang 6, Maconocido 4, Semira 2, Pascual 2, Bulawan 1, Maiquez 0, Del Rio 0, Najorda 0.

QUARTER SCORES: 13-11, 30-25, 53-44, 80-63.

Originally Posted by psx0529

smile.gif

That's what I know as well, that they're leaning towards Ateneo for college. His 1st cousin plays for the Eaglets as well, though he's not as good.

Tim Capacio is lagging way behind Gwynne in basketball skills.
laugh.gif
LOL, I was always under the impression that kid grew up too fast for his own good
tongue.gif
. Di niya kaya yung katawan niya!!!

Speaking of the game, tuloy pa kaya yung juniors' finals in this weather??

Originally Posted by icebox15

it's UE vs ADMU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what the FEU Officials are thinking right now.. maybe some regrets....

just saw the feu-us game 2 for the 2nd time, grabe ang puso pinakita ng UE, they really deserved that win over FEU lalo na si lee, bantay na ni cervantes sailalim tapos sya pa din yung nag step up nung 2nd half

Back
Top Bottom