2010-2011 Jordan Brand NBA/NCAA Season kicks thread. Vol. "What's Gilbert Wearing?"

Originally Posted by 843airmaestro

Nice pics. Do the college athletes get these shoes from Nike or are they wearing their self bought pair(s)? Just curious.

yeah I was wondering the same exact thing. because a lot of them wear heat. 
and some of them wear beaters lol

Originally Posted by 843airmaestro

Nice pics. Do the college athletes get these shoes from Nike or are they wearing their self bought pair(s)? Just curious.

yeah I was wondering the same exact thing. because a lot of them wear heat. 
and some of them wear beaters lol

That's the 2nd pic now of a college dude wearing some XVIIs.  Are they really keeping their 8-9 year old kicks in good enough condition to ball in or are they getting them now?  Is Jordan brand actually producing them for some schools?  I find it hard to believe that these guys take care of their older kicks like some of us sneaker fiends do lol.

That's the 2nd pic now of a college dude wearing some XVIIs.  Are they really keeping their 8-9 year old kicks in good enough condition to ball in or are they getting them now?  Is Jordan brand actually producing them for some schools?  I find it hard to believe that these guys take care of their older kicks like some of us sneaker fiends do lol.

Originally Posted by TMcGrady1

I've been saying this since the 90's fam.

Haha. I guess we'll never know.

But my guess? They're just shoe heads like the rest of us and buy/collect like
the general shoe jocking population do. The funny thing is that it's almost
specific schools where nearly the entire team has heat.

The Big schools out east and the Pac 10 kill it.

I've been saying this since the 90's fam.

Haha. I guess we'll never know.

But my guess? They're just shoe heads like the rest of us and buy/collect like
the general shoe jocking population do. The funny thing is that it's almost
specific schools where nearly the entire team has heat.

The Big schools out east and the Pac 10 kill it.

This guy?

x610dr.jpg

This guy?

x610dr.jpg

Thank you BinYe lol.  I'm glad someone else is like "what the?!"

And yea you big dummy, that's the other pic I was talking about.

It's not unusual at all to see these guys rockin XIIIs, Cool Greys, and all the other recent releases, but when I see a college player (or NBA player even) wear a shoe that hasn't been released in 9 years I really start to wonder.  If my suspicion is true then it's pretty cool that these players can just ask for a shoe to be made for them after all these years.  But damn, I'm jealous. 
laugh.gif

Thank you BinYe lol.  I'm glad someone else is like "what the?!"

And yea you big dummy, that's the other pic I was talking about.

It's not unusual at all to see these guys rockin XIIIs, Cool Greys, and all the other recent releases, but when I see a college player (or NBA player even) wear a shoe that hasn't been released in 9 years I really start to wonder.  If my suspicion is true then it's pretty cool that these players can just ask for a shoe to be made for them after all these years.  But damn, I'm jealous. 
laugh.gif

JB gives the players shoes. I ball with a walk-on from Illinois and I remember him balling in wht/blk/red 2s before release, said he got 2 pair.

JB gives the players shoes. I ball with a walk-on from Illinois and I remember him balling in wht/blk/red 2s before release, said he got 2 pair.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

^ the Christmas day game against the Lakers

from the new Jordan Brand 2011 Lookbook
jordanbrandspringsummer.jpg
 I kinda like the bred xi colorway
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by you big dummy

^ the Christmas day game against the Lakers

from the new Jordan Brand 2011 Lookbook
jordanbrandspringsummer.jpg
 I kinda like the bred xi colorway
smokin.gif

I'm sure these college kids are getting stuff for free or for cost from Nike especially elite schools like Duke. Still waiting to see someone wear the Foams or TB III's

I'm sure these college kids are getting stuff for free or for cost from Nike especially elite schools like Duke. Still waiting to see someone wear the Foams or TB III's

Back
Top Bottom