2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

If Roy gets healthy, Port is back to a real threat. Camby is better than Oden and everyone thought they were going places before the season.

Miller
Roy
Webster
Aldridge
Camby

Batum/Bayless/Rudy/Pendergraph

can do serious damage in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by BangDak

How is it a great trade for Portland?

They give up one of their young wing players for a center who won't make them any better than what they were. They still aren't f'ing with Denver, LA, Dallas or even SA.

They should have just called it a season and held to their guns.

Oh well.
Outlaw is an expiring (plus hes coming off an injury), and the wing is overloaded with Webster and Batnum.
Everyone involved in the trade is expiring.

Webster is one dimensional, and Batum has no offense to speak of.

If I'm a Portland fan, I'm pissed that we just gave away a guy like Outlaw for Camby, who won't help them win a damn thing.

Outlaw is not very good. All he is good for is scoring and he is VERY streaky. He can single handedly take Portland out of games when he's not hitting. And like another poster said we are loaded at the wing.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

If Roy gets healthy, Port is back to a real threat. Camby is better than Oden and everyone thought they were going places before the season.

Miller
Roy
Webster
Aldridge
Camby

Batum/Bayless/Rudy/Pendergraph

can do serious damage in the playoffs.
That's not winning a damn thing.

But they weren't either with Outlaw and Blake. Really an ehh trade. So I guess it doesn't matter.

Portland is not doing "major damage" in the playoffs.  If the playoffs started today, they are the 8 seed. 

LA, Denver, and Dallas would all take them out easily.

Hell, the Spurs and Jazz would have a very good shot at taking them out...

While its true Outlaw is the most complete player out of all of them, i still think its better that hes moved.

If you needed either offensive, or defensive players, you sub martell and batnum. you cant resign all 3, and even split PT for them. maybe camby can even teach oden how to become a better center too.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

3 way trade suns, bulls, miami....
So the Heat receive Amare.

Who the hell does Chicago and Phoenix get/even want?
nerd.gif

No Beasley means no Amare regardless.  Chicago is one of the last teams in the league that is going to go out of their way to help Dwyane get Amare.

Again, please explain this scenario and the players/contracts involved.
nerd.gif

This is what I came up with in the trade machine.
Chicago gets: J. O'Neal
Phoenix gets: B. Miller & Ty. Thomas
Miami gets: Amare and John Salmons

Miami is the only team that would be taking on any non expiring contracts in John Salmons and Amare. If the change of scenery works out for Tyrus and the Suns want to retain him then they can.

I'm not saying this is realistic, should happen, I want it to happen, none of that. It's just something I whipped up in the trade machine. As a Bulls fan Bosh is number one on my list so this trade could better our chances of signing him with Miami likely out of the picture or it could shoot us in the foot if Amare and Wade works out and we can't sign Bosh.

The trade deadline + twitter is a dangerous equation. I can't handle this. Literally rumors/news coming in for every hour of the day.

i hate it
laugh.gif
im checking twitters constantly
smh.gif

I think Bucher dropped the ball. They pulled the article offline and put a new one up saying it is close. Funny to me because they give Stein and Woj all the love and give Buch bad leads. Hate that guy so I can see why gm's mess with him.

And Portland would do damage, but it would be dependent on the first round matchup. 3 games separate the 3rd seed from the 8th seed so you know that will get jumbled up, but I could see them knocking off Denver in a series. Only team I would pencil in the WCF's would be LA, but even LA can struggle against Portland/Denver.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

3 way trade suns, bulls, miami....
So the Heat receive Amare.

Who the hell does Chicago and Phoenix get/even want?
nerd.gif

No Beasley means no Amare regardless.  Chicago is one of the last teams in the league that is going to go out of their way to help Dwyane get Amare.

Again, please explain this scenario and the players/contracts involved.
nerd.gif

You just about covered everything i wanted to say.
laugh.gif

Some people get delusional around this time.

Unless we get Amar'e or Wade, Chicago wont be dealing with Cleveland, Phoenix, or Miami.

I think Bucher dropped the ball. They pulled the article offline and put a new one up saying it is close. Funny to me because they give Stein and Woj all the love and give Buch bad leads. Hate that guy so I can see why gm's mess with him.

And Portland would do damage, but it would be dependent on the first round matchup. 3 games separate the 3rd seed from the 8th seed so you know that will get jumbled up, but I could see them knocking off Denver in a series. Only team I would pencil in the WCF's would be LA, but even LA can struggle against Portland/Denver.
Bucher is a lame, same with Broussard.

DA, Woj, and Stein are what's up.

Originally Posted by BangDak

How is it a great trade for Portland?

They give up one of their young wing players for a center who won't make them any better than what they were. They still aren't f'ing with Denver, LA, Dallas or even SA.

They should have just called it a season and held to their guns.

Oh well.
Outlaw is an expiring (plus hes coming off an injury), and the wing is overloaded with Webster and Batnum.
Everyone involved in the trade is expiring.

Webster is one dimensional, and Batum has no offense to speak of.

If I'm a Portland fan, I'm pissed that we just gave away a guy like Outlaw for Camby, who won't help them win a damn thing.
mad.gif
Horrible move, we already have Pryzbilla and Oden, why the hell would we want Camby for?  We are already a great rebounding team.

Camby's career is declining, and i prefer Outlaw>Webster.
Martell has been on his worse slump of his career since Christmas, and now we trade off Outlaw whos supposed to come back in a few weeks?

Haha. Pritchard called Camby and he left the Clips team dinner without finishing his meal.
laugh.gif
did that really happen?

Yahoo's Marc Spears has the article up about Camby not being happy.

And are we debating why it's a good trade for Portland? Clear more playing time for Bayless, and with Oden + Pryz injured, why not get half a year's worth of Camby? Especially considering they already have Martell + Batum manning the SF spot. And really, at the end of the day, there's a better chance of signing and trading Camby for something than there woulda been for Outlaw and/or Blake.

For the Suns, the Stoudemire-Hickson trade would be something of alast resort. The Suns have been hoping to land more than just Hicksonand financial relief for Stoudemire.

In particular, the Sunsare still holding out hope that Philadelphia will come to the table andagree to a deal sending Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert to Phoenix.The Suns have sweetened their offer to the 76ers by including LeandroBarbosa in a package with Stoudemire. Also possible is a three-waytrade that would send Hickson and Barbosa (along with Ilgauskas) toPhilly, Stoudemire to Cleveland and Iguodala and Dalembert to Phoenix.

Expect the Suns to turn up the heat significantly on the Sixers on Monday.

As a Sixers fan, I don't know what I want.

The cap relief would help but then we would be in another rebuilding process

In town in advance of their Tuesday game against the Trail Blazers, the Clippers were having a team dinner at Portland’s Ringside steakhouse Monday night when Camby received a call on his cell phone from Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard. Pritchard informed Camby that he will likely be traded to Portland once the league finalizes the deal on Tuesday.

After taking the call, Camby immediately walked out of the restaurant. A source close to him says he is “very upset

Updated: February 16, 2010, 1:55 AM ET

[h2]Sources: Heat chasing Stoudemire[/h2]

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

The Miami Heat have intensified their efforts to trump Cleveland in the chase for Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire, sources close to the situation said Monday.

The Heat emerged from the All-Star break even more determined than they were before to find a third team to help them broker an Amare deal before Thursday's 3 p.m. deadline.

Miami is "coming hard" after Stoudemire, one source said.

3607.jpg

Stoudemire

Although the Heat have first-round picks available to sweeten any Stoudemire deal -- with the Suns hoping to come away with at least one first-rounder if they decide to trade Stoudemire this week -- sources say Phoenix has no interest in taking back Jermaine O'Neal's hefty expiring contract because, at $23 million, it requires more players to be worked into the deal than the Suns are comfortable with.

Yet one source insisted Monday night that the Suns have not ruled out taking back forward Michael Beasley as part of a Stoudemire deal. The Heat -- after carefully preserving their salary-cap space for months -- are suddenly pushing hard to make a big trade splash now if possible instead of waiting for free agency in July and gambling on the idea that they can lure a marquee name such as LeBron James or Chris Bosh to South Beach to flank Dwyane Wade.

The Cavaliers are prepared to send Zydrunas Ilgauskas' expiring contract, young power forward J.J. Hickson and perhaps draft considerations to the Suns for Stoudemire, who appeared to give Cleveland further motivation to make that bold move when he used his Twitter feed Monday night to scoff at speculation that he and Cavs center Shaquille O'Neal can't co-exist.

"You guys can stop saying we don't play well together," Stoudemire tweeted.

A pick from the perennially contending Cavs obviously wouldn't be as enticing as a Miami draft pick, but sources say that Cleveland also continues to chase longtime target Antawn Jamison in case Miami assembles a better deal for Stoudemire. It likewise remains to be seen whether Philadelphia decides to make Andre Iguodala available after making it clear before the All-Star break that they are not prepared to surrender Iguodala in a Stoudemire deal.

"They're the wild card," one source said of the Sixers.

The Cavs resume play Thursday at home against Denver riding a 13-game win streak, but they still hope to come away with a big player by week's end. While Stoudemire leads their list, the Cavs have also been mentioned in relation to Washington's Jamison and Indiana's Troy Murphy. Sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard on Monday that the Cavs are also in talks with the Warriors about Corey Maggette.

The Suns, meanwhile, appear intent on finally finding a workable trade for Stoudemire before the deadline -- even though the sides did briefly discuss a contract extension during All-Star Weekend in Dallas -- after shopping him heavily at last season's trading deadline as well. Stoudemire is averaging 21.2 points and 8.6 rebounds this season and started at center for the West in Sunday's All-Star Game.
   Senior writer Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com.

Horrible move, we already have Pryzbilla and Oden, why the hell would we want Camby for?  We are already a great rebounding team.
It's obviously just a rent-a-center move.  Camby, in all likelihood, won't be back next year.  Interior D and rebounding has suffered since the 2 bigs went down and Camby will fill that void.  Outlaw is the odd man out with the way all the 3/4's have been playing, and likely wouldn't have been resigned in the offseason anyway.

I know he wasn't too popular, but I really like Blake as a backup for Portland.  I hope Bayless is gone next year, he is clearly not the PG of the future for this team.  Perfect scenario for me would be to go after someone like Devin Harris in the summer (offer Miller, Bayless, 1st rounder, whatever) and bring back Blake like they did a few seasons back after trading him.

ok that article up there further boggles the mind as to why the suns dont trade amare to miami. beasley and first round pick > jj hickson and big z(big z would come back to cavs

and why do the suns want ai2 so much???

philly fans would u accept an iggy and dalembert for amare and barbosa trade?? i dunno why philly dont take it

Aww yea things are starting to heat up!!..hopefully a lot of shifts are made..I think mostly all teams besides the Lakers,Magic,Cavs and other top ranked teams are good...everybody else should have there head up and eyes open!

Back
Top Bottom