2011-2012 NBA Media Day PHOTOS

I'm loving the new/old Jazz unis. Those bulls and jazz shorts are dope.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by shogun

Those Knicks warmups are basura.  3 giant stripes all across the arms and chest.  
sick.gif
I think all teams will be like that this season.
Yeah, I know.  We've only seen the Knicks one so far so I was just pointing it out.  The adidas designers decided to be more creative and not do the usual stripes on top of the shoulders and arms.  Instead they make the stripes even more obnoxious.  Is a simple, little adidas logo on the chest or wrist too much to ask?  It would look a whole lot better as well. 

Another reason I wish Nike (and other 90s brands) were still sponsoring the League. Adidas kills me, slapping 3 stripes everywhere
30t6p3b.gif

At least give me Starter, Champion, Puma, sheesh.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Another reason I wish Nike (and other 90s brands) were still sponsoring the League. Adidas kills me, slapping 3 stripes everywhere
30t6p3b.gif

At least give me Starter, Champion, Puma, sheesh.
Puma though? Can you really imagine the Puma logo on the NBA gear? an NBA logo on one side, and a jumping puma on the other? 

The Knicks were sponsored by Puma in the late 90s, wish I had pics at the moment. It was subtle, but the logo was on their warmup jackets and everything.

2ntv77.jpg

laugh.gif
Thought I wasn't gonna see Kobe smile in any of those pics after the two I seen in the season thread.

major pause...but Rose was getting fried during the whole lockout. Kid lips dark as chit now.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by romedadude

The #!#% is that on Brockman's head?
laugh.gif

You've really never seen any hipster/scene dudes with that haircut? It's like a mullet-hawk.
I wouldn't trust Brandon Jennings as my point guard one bit. Shoot-first player, broke jumper, tries to force in passes, wants everything to be a highlight, bad half-court player, too skinny. Seemed like he was maturing a little bit last year (probably from Skiles getting in his ++* every practice) but we'll see if it can carry into him being a real point guard. He has some talent on that team, he doesn't need to be the leading scorer.

I had a chance to hoop with him during the lockout and he played exactly how you describe
laugh.gif
 I know it was just a pick up game but I would think you would always want your jumper to be automatic, it's almost like he bricks on purpose

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

The Knicks were sponsored by Puma in the late 90s, wish I had pics at the moment. It was subtle, but the logo was on their warmup jackets and everything.

2ntv77.jpg

The Bucks were Puma too.  I had some authentic shorts and they weren't bad at all and then all the Puma teams switched to Starter for a couple of seasons.  Then RBK got involved somehow before Adidas took it all over.

Don't ask how I still remember this but here's the breakdown from when there were multiple suppliers:

Nike: Lakers, Celtics, Mavericks, Bulls, Wizards, Heat, Pistons, Raptors, Spurs, Blazers
Puma: Bucks, Knicks, Kings, Rockets, Warriors, T-Wolves, Pacers, Denver, Cavs
Champion: Suns, Sonics, Clippers, Nets, Sixers, Jazz, Magic, Hawks, Vancouver, Hornets

I kind of wish they'd go back to multiple suppliers...maybe Nike, Adidas, and UA?  Uniforms wouldn't change much but at least it would create more variety with shooting shirts, warm up suits and practice gear.  The current variety of Adidas gear blows.

Back
Top Bottom