2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Dude said CPR like everybody else knows who the hell Iowa State's coach is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i was thinking the same thing when i read it

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Alright so we're mid-way through October...

What is your prediction for the National Championship?

Oklahoma vs. LSU/Alabama

As for Baxter.  Iron Man, you're gonna eat those words when he has a breakout 2013 campaign.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I would say a straight up trade for Baxter, except Baxter is too slow for Florida's offense and Powell's diva attitude wont fly.
I'll give Baxter away for free for his scholarship.  Don't even want to touch Powell - dude is average.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

As for Baxter.  Iron Man, you're gonna eat those words when he has a breakout 2013 campaign.
I hope so, but doesn't look like it.

i should have turned up the sarcasm. i'm seriously disappointed in how much of a bust he's been so far.  maybe he gets some touches this weekend for his bday.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ronald Powell got left behind because he was showing his $%! to the coaches again and there's a possibility he may transfer?

nerd.gif

Any validity or is it just bs.

He is definitely think about leaving and I honestly couldn't care less.

He's been nothing but average. If Boom, Dan Quinn, and Bryant Young can't make this guy into a relevant player, whoever gets him shouldn't get their hopes up.

Supposedly MSU is having a press conference today for William Gholston.

I must say, it was the dirtiest played game by an individual player I've seen in quite some time.

Deliberate arm bar on a kid's recently injured arm might be the most egregious.

Like [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Newbs [/color]alluded to, the fact that we didn't retaliate in any manner shows how soft this team is.

Then Drew Sharp, who may be the worst sports reporter in the country, comes out and says Lewan made a racial slur to Gholston with no proof.

Story came out on a Sparty board that during his recruitment, somebody thought Gholstons first name was Tom. So the Michigan players, knowing that he was a Sparty all the way (HS head coach and guardian was hired by MSU when Gholston arrived) started calling him Tom. All the players were doing it. Gholston hated it and Lewan decided to use it Saturday. Sharp twists the story and makes it seem like Lewan was calling him an Uncle Tom all game.

That is the story I have heard from a Sparty board.

Originally Posted by isu42

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Dude said CPR like everybody else knows who the hell Iowa State's coach is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Addict knew who I was talking about since that's who I was talking to.  Laugh at ISU (Iowa State since you need things spelled out), but a fair amount of people know who Paul Rhoads is.

CPR is a  good coach

Tyler Bray had sucessful surgery on his thumb, they put a plate in to hinder a bad mend.

If all goes well, he makes it back for season finale vs Kentucky.

If Not, 2012 \o/

ND has an impressive list of visitors coming into town this weekend.

John Theus
Shaq Thompson
Arik Armstead
Zach Banner
Ifeadi Odenigbo
Tee Shepard (commit)
Keith Marshall
Deontay Greenberry (commit)
Jarron Jones (commit)
Brian Poole
Bryce Treggs
Byron Marshall
Keivarae Russell
Jordan Payton
Ishmael Adams
Will Mahone (commit)

All in the Top 160 by Rivals.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Gholston looking dirtier than Nick Fairley out there...

at least Fairley was actually playign football tackling dudes hard and "thru the echo of the whistle"

Gholston was trying to injure people.

He tried to snap Denard's neck man.
30t6p3b.gif

he deserved to get the Chris Mills, meet you at the team bus with the Glock treatment
sick.gif
disgusting

There were a bunch of cheap shots on the Wolverines players, and like N I I K E said, I didn't notice one retaliation until I think a shove by one of the d backs at the very end of the game.

That last hit on Denard was what killed it for me. Dudes are obviously trying to hurt your QB and you do nothing about it?

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
No place for crap like that. Miami's got some low key dirty plays going on too but not to that extent luckily.

and in a move that comes 3 weeks too late, Coach Dooley changes the center and moves James Stone to Guard.

60 bad shot gun snaps later
30t6p3b.gif

@ScottEnyeart: Lane Kiffin on "Handshakegate": "Typical Harbaugh. Even Urban and I got along in the handshake"

laugh.gif
 CLK

[h1]CBSSports.com 2011 Midseason College Football All-America Team[/h1]CBSSports.com staff

Below is this year's midseason All-America Team in college football, voted on by staff, writers and bloggers from CBSSports.com.

The SEC had the most players on the first team with nine, while Alabama accounted for five of them. The Big Ten was second with six players, including three on the defensive line.

For more coverage, check out Dennis Dodd's column on the season so far and individual conference reports.
[table][tr][td]
trentmid18.jpg

Trent Richardson [/td][td]
decastromid18.jpg

David DeCastro [/td][td]
frankmid18.jpg

Frank Alexander [/td][td]
tyrannmid18.jpg

Tyrann Mathieu [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]CBSSports.com Midseason All-America Team[/td][/tr][tr][td]Offense[/td][/tr][tr][td]Pos[/td][td]Player[/td][td]Ht[/td][td]Wt[/td][td]Class[/td][td]School[/td][/tr][tr][td]QB[/td][td]Robert Griffin[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]220[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Baylor[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td][td]Trent Richardson[/td][td]5-11[/td][td]224[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td][td]LaMichael James[/td][td]5-9[/td][td]185[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Oregon[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]Robert Woods[/td][td]6-1[/td][td]185[/td][td]Soph.[/td][td]Southern California[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]Ryan Broyles[/td][td]5-11[/td][td]187[/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE[/td][td]Dwayne Allen[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]255[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Clemson[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT[/td][td]Barrett Jones[/td][td]6-5[/td][td]311[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT[/td][td]Nate Potter[/td][td]6-6[/td][td]300[/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]Boise State[/td][/tr][tr][td]OG[/td][td]David DeCastro[/td][td]6-5[/td][td]307[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Stanford[/td][/tr][tr][td]OG[/td][td]Will Blackwell[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]303[/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]LSU[/td][/tr][tr][td]C[/td][td]David Molk[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]288[/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]Michigan[/td][/tr][tr][td]Defense[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE[/td][td]Whitney Mercilus[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]265[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Illinois[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE[/td][td]Frank Alexander[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]259[/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT[/td][td]Devon Still[/td][td]6-5[/td][td]305[/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]Penn State[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT[/td][td]Jerel Worthy[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]305[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Michigan State[/td][/tr][tr][td]LB[/td][td]Luke Kuechly[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]235[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Boston College[/td][/tr][tr][td]LB[/td][td]Vontaze Burfict[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]245[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Arizona State[/td][/tr][tr][td]LB[/td][td]Dont'a Hightower[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]260[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]CB[/td][td]Tyrann Mathieu[/td][td]5-9[/td][td]180[/td][td]Soph.[/td][td]LSU[/td][/tr][tr][td]CB[/td][td]Dre Kirkpatrick[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]192[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]S[/td][td]Mark Barron[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]218[/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]S[/td][td]Tony Jefferson[/td][td]5-10[/td][td]199[/td][td]Soph.[/td][td]Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][td]Special Teams[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]Cody Webster[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]201[/td][td]Soph.[/td][td]Purdue[/td][/tr][tr][td]K[/td][td]Caleb Sturgis[/td][td]5-11[/td][td]191[/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]Florida[/td][/tr][tr][td]KR[/td][td]Ameer Abdullah[/td][td]5-9[/td][td]180[/td][td]Fr.[/td][td]Nebraska[/td][/tr][tr][td]PR[/td][td]Joe Adams[/td][td]5-11[/td][td]190[/td][td]Sr.[/td][td]Arkansas[/td][/tr][tr][td]AP[/td][td]Eric Page[/td][td]5-10[/td][td]180[/td][td]Jr.[/td][td]Toledo[/td][/tr][/table]

Second Team

Offense -- QB: Andrew Luck, Stanford; RB: David Wilson, Virginia Tech; RB: Lamar Miller, Miami (Fla.): WR: A.J. Jenkins, Illinois; WR: Sammy Watkins, Clemson; TE: Jake Stoneburner, Ohio State; OT: Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State; OT: Matt Kalil, USC; OG: Ryan Miller, Colorado; OG: Omoregie Uzzi, Georgia Tech; C: Peter Konz, Wisconsin.

Defense -- DE: Melvin Ingram, South Carolina; DE: Andre Branch, Clemson; DT: Joe Vellano, Maryland; DT: Brandon Thompson, Clemson; LB: Manti Te'o, Notre Dame; LB: Lavonte David, Nebraska; LB: Courntey Upshaw, Alabama; CB: Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech; CB: Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt; S: Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State; S: T.J. McDonald, USC.

Special Teams -- P: Trey Barrow, Missouri; K: Jimmy Newman, Wake Forest; KR: Tre Mason, Auburn; PR: Devon Wylie, Fresno State; All-Purpose: T.J. Graham, N.C. State.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

at least Fairley was actually playign football tackling dudes hard and "thru the echo of the whistle"
True. I guess Fairley was considered dirty kind of in the same way that Suh is...overly hard hits that border on being late...

The attempted arm break move and the facemask pull are just
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

One of the Juco DL that TAMU is recruiting told our 24/7 guy that Terrell Williams (DL coach) said TAMU was considering a move to the 3-3-5 next year for a new look in the SEC. That recruit better be mistaken. A 3-3-5 defense would probably get thrashed in the SEC.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

True. I guess Fairley was considered dirty kind of in the same way that Suh is...overly hard hits that border on being late...

The attempted arm break move and the facemask pull are just
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif
What do you expect when their DCoor Pat Narduzzi goes on record and says that they hammer the kids to play "60mins of unnecessary roughness"??? Their fans act the same way. Trashy school. 

One of the Juco DL that TAMU is recruiting told our 24/7 guy that Terrell Williams (DL coach) said TAMU was considering a move to the 3-3-5 next year for a new look in the SEC. That recruit better be mistaken. A 3-3-5 defense would probably get thrashed in the SEC.
eek.gif

roll.gif

Unless you have basically the best 2 Strong Safeties ever to play football, you're looking at a supreme failure

laugh.gif
That would just make an already long year even longer...

One of the other guys on the board brought up that our nickel package has mainly been a 2-4-5 this year...so hopefully Williams was saying that our nickel package is switching to a 3-3-5 and this kid was just confused. He's the only recruit that's said anything about it, so I'm really hoping that's the case.

Going from a 3-4 to a 3-3-5 is moving the wrong way when you're transitioning to a conference that runs the ball down your throat. We already don't have the size to compete in the SEC, and that would just make us even smaller.

Back
Top Bottom