2011 another great year for college football

preciate it.
is it a greenlight on the Uconn/Rutgers to ACC deal..?

Who goin Big East..Boise, AF, SMU...?

My bad bout the realignment talk, I cant stand it either and dont read it, that's why I dont know what the hell goin on
laugh.gif

None of those moves you just mentioned are official yet. There are rumors that the Big East will be looking to invite Boise State, Air Force, and Navy for football only, and Houston, SMU, and UCF for all sports in the near future.

I'd say don't worry about those and play another season and see what shakes out.

Come on dude, you really gonna boycott the thread altogether cus you got a problem with one person?
laugh.gif
What part of the game is that? It's not like y'all have to be in the same room together; if it's really that big of a deal just put him on ignore, but otherwise I'd say just forget about it and move on. It's your prerogative but I'm guessing since you're one of the more active posters in here that you come to this thread because you enjoy the discussion, so you're really only just ruining it for yourself by taking it so seriously that you'd quit posting here altogether. I honestly don't know why you would get that offended by the Donovan Warren thread anyway; clowning on people for wildly incorrect predictions/player evaluations is half the fun of S&T
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

If Vols beat Vandy this year, without Bray, Hunter , Brewer, & Lathers yall should move to Big East.

deal. Loser moves to the BE. I'll call Commish Slive in the morning and let him know about our deal.

Seriously though, we could win our last 4 (UF, UK, UT and Wake) but I wouldn't be surprised if he finish up 1-3. We only have 2 backs and we are playing 200 lb DB's at backer because we have no depth there.

How Long of a leash is Joker Phillips on? I should say "short"...

That team is pitiful.

I'm still so upset we let UF beat us on screen passes and swing passes. Every body knows whts coming and UT and Kentucky are the only SEC teams who dumb enough to get beat by it
I have yet to be impressed by wilcox Defense. Smh
So disgusted.

Forget Bama/LSU

Ole Miss/UK is going to be the game of the year.

I think Joker has 1 more year. He HAS to find some semblance of a QB. Morgan Newton is not the answer. Who would've thought that UK would miss Hartline at QB?
laugh.gif

How Long of a leash is Joker Phillips on? I should say "short"...

That team is pitiful.

I'm still so upset we let UF beat us on screen passes and swing passes. Every body knows whts coming and UT and Kentucky are the only SEC teams who dumb enough to get beat by it

I have yet to be impressed by wilcox Defense. Smh

So disgusted.

Umm our other SEC losses involved starting a true freshman QB and against UGA a QB that couldn't get away from center.

Truth be told we have no idea what our offense should be like. Swings and screens kept getting run early because they kept working. After that the game plan changed for Brissett and then Brantley not being able to take a snap from under center.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Forget Bama/LSU

Ole Miss/UK is going to be the game of the year.

I think Joker has 1 more year. He HAS to find some semblance of a QB. Morgan Newton is not the answer. Who would've thought that UK would miss Hartline at QB?
laugh.gif

me.  it was evident in the bowl game.
Maxwell Smith showed some promise... may start this week (Newton kinda hurt.)  Patrick Towles (freshman next season) looks the part of an SEC quarterback.)  Im actually not ready to give up on Newton, yet.  We can't block, we can't run, we can't catch.  We do absolutely nothing to help the QB out.  field position always sucks and we're playing from behind all the time.  Joker will be back next season... but he's got to get this program where it was when Brooks left, and that's just at a competetive level.... a level that will fly in Lexington.  I like Joker, like what he's about... he's a UK guy and I want the man to succeed.  But we're the northern most school in the best conference... there's zero in-state talent, can't go south and get recruits, can't go into Ohio.  We should try to go to the ACC... or open up the checkbook and get a name... turn into a Houston and run a "system."

Joker was named CIW (
eyes.gif
)... he's safe for at least one more year.

Man there's nothing I hate more than Coach in Waiting...
------

KJ,
I know the UF QBs were hurt, but the 1st two games Demps & Rainey was the whole offense.

going into vols gamle we all knew who UF was going to get the ball to and how they were going to do it in the passing game. 1st 3 plays were screen, screen & swing to 1 & 28, that took it inside the 20.

Then when it got tighter, guess who catches pass & breaks, Rainey.
Makes me question coach Wilcox game preparation and scheme

Man there's nothing I hate more than Coach in Waiting...

I don't get it at all. AT ALL. You can only even think about doing this if the coach is over 70 and even then some of those fogies won't let go (Bowden). Penn St should do it because, knock on wood, Paterno could croak tomorrow.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by zs05wc

James Ross said he's up to 225. He was tweeting to Devin Funchess.

Saw him play the first game of the year, looked like 205lbs MAX. 
Not overly impressive physically, but is a hell of a football player. Tackles anything he touches and with good pop.

Love the LBs that Michigan is bringing in, because the ones they have now are pretty crappy. 

Hope Antonio Poole can get to 230lbs by next fall because I could see him as a starting WILL

#random
Who the heck would Penn State get to replace Joe Pa if he retired?

I wonder if Ralph Friedgen is open to being an OC again or if he just wants a Head coaching spot

Who gets fired 1st, Reverend Nutt or Turner Gill?

DoubleJs gonna love this.
Reports of Edsall not endearing himself to the local HS coaches. Saying he's going to focus ouit of state to look for speed and athleticism. LOL

aren't the Davis brothers Local products? DHB? Torrey smith? Shawne merrimen?

*covers eyes*

That Maryland situation has the potential to get real ugly in a hurry.

Shunning local talent.
30t6p3b.gif

With out question it will be nutt.... Ole miss fans think they should be playing for a title ever year...

I shulda put Slick Rick neuheisel in the equation too.

Slick Rick, Nutt, Gill? who ggets chopped first?

anyone get fired before the season is over to get a jump on the hiring process?

Does Coach Morris get a HC job this off season?

^Clemson dude? Maybe. That would be a crazy trajectory if he landed a big job.

Never read into this but what's the deal with Malzahn? He's comfortable as an OC?

The real question with Morris is if he wants a HC job. He will definitely get offers, but does he want to be a HC? Or will he back out @ the last minute like Gus? Slick Rick is as good as gone.

laugh.gif
@ Edsall focusing on out of state kids when he has dudes like Diggs, Goldman, Levenberry, etc right in his backyard. Keep up the good job coach
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom