2011 Cancelled tv shows + FOX, ABC & NBC Freshman Shows

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Wait Law & Order: Criminal Intent? The season just started on the 1st of May 
tired.gif

It's the final season.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Glad to see that Southland will continue to be on the air. NBC definitely needs to get a new person to head up their primetime show lineup. They have always screwed the good shows...Freaks and Geeks, Tonight Show with Conan, and Southland (now on TNT).
I think they recently hired someone else to head the whole network.

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

TV shows about aliens just don't do too well on network TV except for the X-Files. V and the Event would be better off on Sci-Fi. Hell, TNT should pick either up...they got that show about aliens Falling Skies coming out, which will probably suck

Sy-Fy is an awful channel now, they just need to make another channel that is true to its name.

America's Most Wanted was just canceled too.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Glad to see that Southland will continue to be on the air. NBC definitely needs to get a new person to head up their primetime show lineup. They have always screwed the good shows...Freaks and Geeks, Tonight Show with Conan, and Southland (now on TNT).
I think they recently hired someone else to head the whole network.

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

TV shows about aliens just don't do too well on network TV except for the X-Files. V and the Event would be better off on Sci-Fi. Hell, TNT should pick either up...they got that show about aliens Falling Skies coming out, which will probably suck

Sy-Fy is an awful channel now, they just need to make another channel that is true to its name.

i didn't know hannah montanna still came one...i thought she gave that up years ago

Law & Order LA started off really bad but has gotten better

i didn't know hannah montanna still came one...i thought she gave that up years ago

Just realized Detroit 1-8-7 is on the list too
indifferent.gif
, this is BS man. Crime dramas get NO love on network television (sans CSI and SVU) yet they shove these stupid reality shows down our throat

*goes back to watching The Wire box set*

screw Fox and ABC!

Just realized Detroit 1-8-7 is on the list too
indifferent.gif
, this is BS man. Crime dramas get NO love on network television (sans CSI and SVU) yet they shove these stupid reality shows down our throat

*goes back to watching The Wire box set*

screw Fox and ABC!

Originally Posted by EB4President

I liked V and The Event

Couple of thoughts

1. how does DVR and TIVO work with ratings?

2. could it be possible shows are moving to that american idol, americas got talent, the voice, etc formula? for the network channels of course.... You dont have to pay writers or actors, you get money from viewers (text messages)
1) they don't count dvr, tivo or on demand. that's why a lot of shows fail
2) reality tv and competition shows are so damn cheap to produce that they make big profits for the networks

I'm still mad about flash forward so that's why i started watching the event. last i heard is that netflix is trying to license more original shows and the event might be it's next pickup and breaking in might get saved by direct tv like FNL was (saw this on deadline). HBO/Showtime shows are the way to go these days

Originally Posted by EB4President

I liked V and The Event

Couple of thoughts

1. how does DVR and TIVO work with ratings?

2. could it be possible shows are moving to that american idol, americas got talent, the voice, etc formula? for the network channels of course.... You dont have to pay writers or actors, you get money from viewers (text messages)
1) they don't count dvr, tivo or on demand. that's why a lot of shows fail
2) reality tv and competition shows are so damn cheap to produce that they make big profits for the networks

I'm still mad about flash forward so that's why i started watching the event. last i heard is that netflix is trying to license more original shows and the event might be it's next pickup and breaking in might get saved by direct tv like FNL was (saw this on deadline). HBO/Showtime shows are the way to go these days

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by Born Tuesday

I'm blown about Traffic Light getting the axe too.
indifferent.gif

what the hell man, they didnt even give the damn show a chance
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by saint lt

eek.gif
stop lyin
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/16/fox-cancels-americas-most-wanted/

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I will always HATE HATE HATE L&O LA they canceled the mother ship for that piece of crap. The acting was so bad.  **** Wolf has turned the L&O franchise into a joke, it used to be a place where young actors got their start, now it is just blah.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by Born Tuesday

I'm blown about Traffic Light getting the axe too.
indifferent.gif

what the hell man, they didnt even give the damn show a chance
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by saint lt

eek.gif
stop lyin
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/16/fox-cancels-americas-most-wanted/

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I will always HATE HATE HATE L&O LA they canceled the mother ship for that piece of crap. The acting was so bad.  **** Wolf has turned the L&O franchise into a joke, it used to be a place where young actors got their start, now it is just blah.

Back
Top Bottom