2011 NBA MVP Thread

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Quick question (no sarcasm)? Do you all think player X could win MVP if he averaged 35/12r/8a/2s/2b but his team was a 7 or 8 seed? Clutch all season but unable to push his team to the top

thats pretty much where Wade was at a couple of years back tho his stats were not that impressive Wade finished third i believe to Kobe and LeBron tho meant more to his team and put up better stats than those two hypothetically your player would likely finish top 3, win it if it was a down year MVP candidate wise

I have a question for Bulls fans. And I would like for you to do your best to try to answer truthfully. In your opinion, is your team's rise to the top more a reflection of Rose's improvement or your teams much improved defense thanks to your new coach?

I have a question for Bulls fans. And I would like for you to do your best to try to answer truthfully. In your opinion, is your team's rise to the top more a reflection of Rose's improvement or your teams much improved defense thanks to your new coach?

Originally Posted by KingJames23

I agree that we would be a better team than the Magic if you took Rose and Dwight away. I have said that Dwight is the #2 in my book.

You can scratch that from your argument for Rose over Dwight.

.but honestly, can you see any of the other candidates taking their teams to the top with those hurdles?

I don't know and neither do you. That's my whole point. It's an argument over something that nobody can prove or disprove. Anyone can justify their position behind that argument. Which is why it's dumb. It pretty much gets canceled out because both sides can make that argument with equal validity.

I can say, could anyone else have dealt with the complete roster transformation that Dwight had to deal with and have their team in the same spot? I can argue that Dwight's roster transformation was worse than the Bulls injuries. But I'm not going to because I don't think it's a factor in the MVP discussion.

If you took Rose of the Bulls
Who else could have dealt with those injuries and carried their team

What else do you have
[table][tr][td]
created: Sunday March 27, 11:50 PM
2010-2011 Conference Regular Season Standings [/td][/tr][tr][td]Eastern Conference[/td][/tr][tr][td]Eastern[/td][td]W[/td][td]L[/td][td]PCT[/td][td]GB[/td][td]CONF[/td][td]DIV[/td][td]HOME[/td][td]ROAD[/td][td]L 10[/td][td]STREAK[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chicago[sup]1c[/sup][/td][td]53[/td][td]19[/td][td]0.736[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]32-12[/td][td]13-1[/td][td]32-4[/td][td]21-15[/td][td]9-1[/td][td]W 4[/td][/tr][tr][td]Boston[sup]2a[/sup][/td][td]51[/td][td]21[/td][td]0.708[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]33-10[/td][td]11-3[/td][td]29-8[/td][td]22-13[/td][td]5-5[/td][td]W 1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Miami[sup]3x[/sup][/td][td]51[/td][td]22[/td][td]0.699[/td][td]2.5[/td][td]32-12[/td][td]10-3[/td][td]28-10[/td][td]23-12[/td][td]8-2[/td][td]W 5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Orlando[sup]4x[/sup][/td][td]47[/td][td]26[/td][td]0.644[/td][td]6.5[/td][td]31-12[/td][td]9-4[/td][td]26-11[/td][td]21-15[/td][td]7-3[/td][td]W 5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Atlanta[sup]5x[/sup][/td][td]42[/td][td]32[/td][td]0.568[/td][td]12.0[/td][td]29-17[/td][td]8-4[/td][td]22-15[/td][td]20-17[/td][td]5-5[/td][td]W 2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Philadelphia[sup]6[/sup][/td][td]37[/td][td]36[/td][td]0.507[/td][td]16.5[/td][td]22-22[/td][td]7-5[/td][td]23-12[/td][td]14-24[/td][td]4-6[/td][td]L 2[/td][/tr][tr][td]New York[sup]7[/sup][/td][td]35[/td][td]38[/td][td]0.479[/td][td]18.5[/td][td]21-22[/td][td]6-5[/td][td]19-17[/td][td]16-21[/td][td]1-9[/td][td]L 6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Indiana[sup]8[/sup][/td][td]32[/td][td]42[/td][td]0.432[/td][td]22.0[/td][td]23-22[/td][td]7-7[/td][td]19-16[/td][td]13-26[/td][td]5-5[/td][td]L 2[/td][/tr][/table]
This bout all I got G! All the talk in the world don't mean nothing...the numbers say it all. Rose lost two starters and Dwight had an overhaul (fairly early in the season:Dec 18th). Rose team is #1, like his jersey, and Dwight 6.5 games behind.

Rose will probably get the award before Game 1 with Dwight watching from the bench.

I agree that we would be a better team than the Magic if you took Rose and Dwight away. I have said that Dwight is the #2 in my book.

You can scratch that from your argument for Rose over Dwight.

.but honestly, can you see any of the other candidates taking their teams to the top with those hurdles?

I don't know and neither do you. That's my whole point. It's an argument over something that nobody can prove or disprove. Anyone can justify their position behind that argument. Which is why it's dumb. It pretty much gets canceled out because both sides can make that argument with equal validity.

I can say, could anyone else have dealt with the complete roster transformation that Dwight had to deal with and have their team in the same spot? I can argue that Dwight's roster transformation was worse than the Bulls injuries. But I'm not going to because I don't think it's a factor in the MVP discussion.

If you took Rose of the Bulls
Who else could have dealt with those injuries and carried their team

What else do you have
[table][tr][td]
created: Sunday March 27, 11:50 PM
2010-2011 Conference Regular Season Standings [/td][/tr][tr][td]Eastern Conference[/td][/tr][tr][td]Eastern[/td][td]W[/td][td]L[/td][td]PCT[/td][td]GB[/td][td]CONF[/td][td]DIV[/td][td]HOME[/td][td]ROAD[/td][td]L 10[/td][td]STREAK[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chicago[sup]1c[/sup][/td][td]53[/td][td]19[/td][td]0.736[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]32-12[/td][td]13-1[/td][td]32-4[/td][td]21-15[/td][td]9-1[/td][td]W 4[/td][/tr][tr][td]Boston[sup]2a[/sup][/td][td]51[/td][td]21[/td][td]0.708[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]33-10[/td][td]11-3[/td][td]29-8[/td][td]22-13[/td][td]5-5[/td][td]W 1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Miami[sup]3x[/sup][/td][td]51[/td][td]22[/td][td]0.699[/td][td]2.5[/td][td]32-12[/td][td]10-3[/td][td]28-10[/td][td]23-12[/td][td]8-2[/td][td]W 5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Orlando[sup]4x[/sup][/td][td]47[/td][td]26[/td][td]0.644[/td][td]6.5[/td][td]31-12[/td][td]9-4[/td][td]26-11[/td][td]21-15[/td][td]7-3[/td][td]W 5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Atlanta[sup]5x[/sup][/td][td]42[/td][td]32[/td][td]0.568[/td][td]12.0[/td][td]29-17[/td][td]8-4[/td][td]22-15[/td][td]20-17[/td][td]5-5[/td][td]W 2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Philadelphia[sup]6[/sup][/td][td]37[/td][td]36[/td][td]0.507[/td][td]16.5[/td][td]22-22[/td][td]7-5[/td][td]23-12[/td][td]14-24[/td][td]4-6[/td][td]L 2[/td][/tr][tr][td]New York[sup]7[/sup][/td][td]35[/td][td]38[/td][td]0.479[/td][td]18.5[/td][td]21-22[/td][td]6-5[/td][td]19-17[/td][td]16-21[/td][td]1-9[/td][td]L 6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Indiana[sup]8[/sup][/td][td]32[/td][td]42[/td][td]0.432[/td][td]22.0[/td][td]23-22[/td][td]7-7[/td][td]19-16[/td][td]13-26[/td][td]5-5[/td][td]L 2[/td][/tr][/table]
This bout all I got G! All the talk in the world don't mean nothing...the numbers say it all. Rose lost two starters and Dwight had an overhaul (fairly early in the season:Dec 18th). Rose team is #1, like his jersey, and Dwight 6.5 games behind.

Rose will probably get the award before Game 1 with Dwight watching from the bench.

dland24 wrote:
BOTH!!!! I can't even get into the percentage breakdown. Thibs has changed the whole mindset of our team. For the past two years we been "happy" limping into the playoffs with 500 records. We are almost back to the days of the "doberman defense"

Rose's growth as a closer is undeniable. It started last year when he didn't have Ben Gordon there to take those big shots.

So, again, I gotta answer your question with "all the above" and say we have the MVP and COTY.

A lot of ppl had Monty early and some now want to give it to Doug, but Thibs is a major factor why we are where we are. If we still had Vinny and Rose was playing like he is now, I see us with the #4 seed only because we would still win our division.

dland24 wrote:
BOTH!!!! I can't even get into the percentage breakdown. Thibs has changed the whole mindset of our team. For the past two years we been "happy" limping into the playoffs with 500 records. We are almost back to the days of the "doberman defense"

Rose's growth as a closer is undeniable. It started last year when he didn't have Ben Gordon there to take those big shots.

So, again, I gotta answer your question with "all the above" and say we have the MVP and COTY.

A lot of ppl had Monty early and some now want to give it to Doug, but Thibs is a major factor why we are where we are. If we still had Vinny and Rose was playing like he is now, I see us with the #4 seed only because we would still win our division.

I-dont-always-vote-for-MVP-But-when-I-do-I-vote-Derrick-Rose.jpg

dland24 wrote:

Should have prefaced my question with "you cant say both."  I had a feeling this would be a common answer. 

(IMO, the Bulls defense has improved a ton more than Rose has......but I want to hear your answers.)

dland24 wrote:

Should have prefaced my question with "you cant say both."  I had a feeling this would be a common answer. 

(IMO, the Bulls defense has improved a ton more than Rose has......but I want to hear your answers.)

Rose team is #1

Exactly. Wins are a team accomplishment while the MVP is an individual award. To give an individual award based on the play of the team is dumb.

Take Rose of the Bulls
Rose dealt with injuries
His team is #1

I guess we're done.

Rose team is #1

Exactly. Wins are a team accomplishment while the MVP is an individual award. To give an individual award based on the play of the team is dumb.

Take Rose of the Bulls
Rose dealt with injuries
His team is #1

I guess we're done.

Originally Posted by dland24

Rose.

The Bulls under Scott Skiles lead the league in defensive shooting percentage and were always near the top of the league in that category.

I've watched nearly every minute of Bulls' basketball. I can't deny the impact that Thibs has made on the squad, but make no mistake, it all starts with #1.

Dwight is a beast, but he's been a beast. He's taken his team deep in the playoffs before. The Magic have been regarded as a top tier team in the East for what.......3-4 years now?

After the Bulls struck out on Bosh, Wade, James, and Johnson no one thought that we would be this good. No one, not yet, not even the F.O. From game one of the season I have watched Derrick Rose improve and grow into a leader that now has the ability to carry a team. I won't get into our roster, ya'll can read the names yourselves.

The Windy City Assassin should be the 2010-11 NBA MVP.

Originally Posted by dland24

Rose.

The Bulls under Scott Skiles lead the league in defensive shooting percentage and were always near the top of the league in that category.

I've watched nearly every minute of Bulls' basketball. I can't deny the impact that Thibs has made on the squad, but make no mistake, it all starts with #1.

Dwight is a beast, but he's been a beast. He's taken his team deep in the playoffs before. The Magic have been regarded as a top tier team in the East for what.......3-4 years now?

After the Bulls struck out on Bosh, Wade, James, and Johnson no one thought that we would be this good. No one, not yet, not even the F.O. From game one of the season I have watched Derrick Rose improve and grow into a leader that now has the ability to carry a team. I won't get into our roster, ya'll can read the names yourselves.

The Windy City Assassin should be the 2010-11 NBA MVP.

Rose team is #1 , like his jersey, and Dwight 6.5 games behind.

kobe should have about 5 MVP's by now then.

Originally Posted by Mjvskb24vs23

Kobe should have more, no doubt. I don't vote though, so I'm not sure what you want me to say. The question is who should be the MVP, not who will win it. Rose will win but I don't think he deserves it.

Kobe should have more, no doubt. I don't vote though, so I'm not sure what you want me to say. The question is who should be the MVP, not who will win it. Rose will win but I don't think he deserves it.

You may think he's not deserving enough, but saying that Rose doesn't deserve it makes you sound ignorant.

And MJ should've had 14 MVP's...let's not get into shoulda, woulda ,couldas.

You may think he's not deserving enough, but saying that Rose doesn't deserve it makes you sound ignorant.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Fine he isn't the most deserving. Better?

Yup. Better.

Yup. Better.

Back
Top Bottom