2011 NFL Offseason Thread (Rivera named Panthers HC, your on the clock CAR)

-So apparently nnamdi asomugha is a FA due to the fact he didnt reach incentives on his contract? (unless not understanding this correctly)
if thats a fact come to houston sir, your services will be appreciated
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

- Ron Rivera is supposed to be named panthers head coach on tues.

add news accordingly. 

-So apparently nnamdi asomugha is a FA due to the fact he didnt reach incentives on his contract? (unless not understanding this correctly)
if thats a fact come to houston sir, your services will be appreciated
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

- Ron Rivera is supposed to be named panthers head coach on tues.

add news accordingly. 

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Ron Rivera may be announced as Panthers coach Tuesday[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 10, 2011, 3:31 PM EST

r-rivera1.jpg

All signs continue to point towards Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera becoming the next Panthers head coach.  Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune says an announcement is expected on Tuesday.

This doesn’t come as a surprise.  SI’s Peter King first reported Rivera was returning for a second interview, and Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Panthers have started to call other candidates to tell them they didn’t get the job.  Steve Reed of the Gaston Gazette says Rivera is “closing in

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Ron Rivera may be announced as Panthers coach Tuesday[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 10, 2011, 3:31 PM EST

r-rivera1.jpg

All signs continue to point towards Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera becoming the next Panthers head coach.  Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune says an announcement is expected on Tuesday.

This doesn’t come as a surprise.  SI’s Peter King first reported Rivera was returning for a second interview, and Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Panthers have started to call other candidates to tell them they didn’t get the job.  Steve Reed of the Gaston Gazette says Rivera is “closing in

I can almost guarantee Nnamdi will not be a Texan and it stinks because we need him too.

I can almost guarantee Nnamdi will not be a Texan and it stinks because we need him too.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Eagles wanted him a couple years ago, I can see them paying him the big $$$, god knows we need it
I'd also like Andy Reid to be fired but it won't happen

Vick and DeSean need nice fat contracts along with some nice fat O linemen who can actually protect 

Originally Posted by Statis22

Eagles wanted him a couple years ago, I can see them paying him the big $$$, god knows we need it
I'd also like Andy Reid to be fired but it won't happen

Vick and DeSean need nice fat contracts along with some nice fat O linemen who can actually protect 

Is free agency gonna be delayed due to this CBA issue? That could be a HUGE problem and will influence what teams do with their draft picks

Is free agency gonna be delayed due to this CBA issue? That could be a HUGE problem and will influence what teams do with their draft picks

It's possible, heard that players could be "locked" into their teams.

I think Nnamdi is very likely to remain with the Raiders, Al will give him a bigger contract.

It's possible, heard that players could be "locked" into their teams.

I think Nnamdi is very likely to remain with the Raiders, Al will give him a bigger contract.

I like Rivera as a DC but I'm not quite sure how he pans out as a HC. He has the fortune of working with a potentially dominant running attack with DeAngelo, Stewart, and Goodson. Word is no one wanted the Carolina gig after Andrew Luck returned to Stanford. So does Ron Rivera go defense with the first pick: I would think Nick Fairley, Bowers, or Quinn would be more likely than Peterson. Not saying that's the right decision. 
I know there's concerns whether Charlie Weis is HC material but why not consider him seriously for the Panthers job to work with Jimmy Clausen. They did invest a second-round pick on the kid. 

I like Rivera as a DC but I'm not quite sure how he pans out as a HC. He has the fortune of working with a potentially dominant running attack with DeAngelo, Stewart, and Goodson. Word is no one wanted the Carolina gig after Andrew Luck returned to Stanford. So does Ron Rivera go defense with the first pick: I would think Nick Fairley, Bowers, or Quinn would be more likely than Peterson. Not saying that's the right decision. 
I know there's concerns whether Charlie Weis is HC material but why not consider him seriously for the Panthers job to work with Jimmy Clausen. They did invest a second-round pick on the kid. 

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I think there will be a freeze period on trades due to the lingering CBA impasse....

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I think there will be a freeze period on trades due to the lingering CBA impasse....

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

what i think thats gonna happen is since their isnt a franchise QB worthy of the first he goes witt Bowers with his 1st overall, much like Peppers was taken 1st overall.

Build his defense thru the draft/fa, have a solid running game, and bring Clausen along this season.

man i hope your wrong, we really need him, i think if we get him and Phillips can adjust our scheme we might push for a playoff spot
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom