2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Nice Fade, be careful but have fun. I'd be great to get the opening game win but not season ending if they don't

A lot of good games to kick off week 1...
smokin.gif

Anyone know who the highest paid back in the league is right now and the amount?

CJ wants to be the highest paid player in the game, but Tennessee is only offering enough for him to be the highest paid RB.
laugh.gif

Heard that on the radio today. That Larry contract really messed things up.

Could be. All I know is Minnesota said they're waiting out this CJ deal, because they will be making Peterson the highest paid back in football.
pimp.gif

Just sign already CJ.

What's wrong just signing him now, 35 guaranteed should do it no?

Waiting on CJ might not be the best thing considering what he's asking for.

It's all in how you look at the contract. I'm no GM, but I can't see any way that he's even sniffing the $50 mill Fitz got.
AD (i think) has a salary north of $10 mill, but he's in the final year of that contract anyway
So anything CJ gets, AD's new contract should exceed that.

Originally Posted by Statis22

What's wrong just signing him now, 35 guaranteed should do it no?

Waiting on CJ might not be the best thing considering what he's asking for.

From what I understand the Wilfs don't care. They want to show AP the appreciation by rewarding him with the best contract for RB's in football. I don't blame them. Who wouldn't want to lock down the best back in the game for the rest of his prime?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Easy to say when you have Aaron Rodgers.

Is spending that much on 1 player thats not your QB really going to allow you to field a team that can win the Super Bowl?

James Starks
Pierre Thomas
Rashard Mendenhall
Brandon Jacobs
Joseph Addai
Kevin Faulk
Kevin Faulk
Mike Alstott?
Antwain Smith???
Jamal Lewis

Aaron Rodgers is about to make $12M this year... I just don't see any reason to spend more than that on a half back...

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Tying up $15M per year on a RB????

Noooooo thanks.
for the millions they screwed him over for in his rookie contract and how is running back life span is dwindling i'd say its pretty feasible

I see the point, but the Vikings don't have a franchise quarterback. They don't have much of a choice right now. They don't have any luxury on waiting for a franchise Q to be developed while his window rapidly closes (given RB's historically and his style of play).

Having AP alleviates a lot of the pressure off of guys like Favre and a McNabb putting these Q's and the Vikings in the best situation to win games. He's a huge asset and this is the direction the team has placed itself in if it wants to win a ring anytime soon. Can't risk letting AP go and then not having a running game to along with no future QB. It's not rebuilding time.

There's more than one way to build a playoff competetive team. And this is the route the Vikings will go.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Noooooo thanks.
for the millions they screwed him over for in his rookie contract and how is running back life span is dwindling i'd say its pretty feasible

It's a business... There's no "I'll get you back later..." He had a rookie contract, and he outplayed it, obviously... But IMO a contract for an RB flying past the $10M mark starts to become a handicap.

I see the point, but the Vikings don't have a franchise quarterback. They don't have much of a choice right now. They don't have any luxury on waiting for a franchise Q to be developed while his window rapidly closes (given RB's historically and his style of play).

Having AP alleviates a lot of the pressure off of guys like Favre and a McNabb putting these Q's and the Vikings in the best situation to win games. He's a huge asset and this is the direction the team has placed itself in if it wants to win a ring anytime soon. Can't risk letting AP go and then not having a running game to along with no future QB. It's not rebuilding time.

There's more than one way to build a playoff competetive team. And this is the route the Vikings will go.
Yea it sort of sucks for the Vikings being handcuffed like that... They'd get crucified by their fans if they let AP walk.  So they'll pay him whatever it takes...

Dang, Minnesota will have lost two teams to Cali/LA. At least they'll keep the gold & purple theme running. LA Vikings kinda sounds nice doesn't it? I can't see them coming up with money to help build that stadium nor should they use public funds. That state is dead broke...They're lucky if they will be able to pay pentions & pention benifits in the next 10 years or so...

Originally Posted by psk2310

Dang, Minnesota will have lost two teams to Cali/LA. At least they'll keep the gold & purple theme running. LA Vikings kinda sounds nice doesn't it? I can't see them coming up with money to help build that stadium nor should they use public funds. That state is dead broke...They're lucky if they will be able to pay pentions & pention benifits in the next 10 years or so...

cali is dead broke too

Never been any less excited for a season to start. Not even sure why.

Even thought about canceling Sunday Ticket, but I haven't yet.

I know cali is dead broke too ConcordeFliteS, but the team there trying to get an NFL team is using money from a private group of investors. They just have to agree where the stadium will be.

Also, I do think we're going to see some sloppy football in the first 3-4 weeks because there was no off season program & we're going to see a lot f players get hurt & put in the IR.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Noooooo thanks.

It's still a business.

What happend to players actually playing out a contract? I can kinda see where CJ & DJax are coming from, but the millions will come if you just keep doin what you do. My gripe is with players who sign a new contract then a few years down the line are upset about it, dont get mad get a better agent.

Easy to say when you have Aaron Rodgers.

Is spending that much on 1 player thats not your QB really going to allow you to field a team that can win the Super Bowl?

James Starks
Pierre Thomas
Rashard Mendenhall
Brandon Jacobs
Joseph Addai
Corey Dillon
Kevin Faulk
Mike Alstott?
Antwain Smith???
Jamal Lewis

Aaron Rodgers is about to make $12M this year... I just don't see any reason to spend more than that on a half back...
really, best back on that list when they won has to be Lewis, but that's what happens when Trent Dilfer is your QB

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Daammnn. You sound so depressed.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Daammnn. You sound so depressed.

the indians are 5.5 back...it's no surprise. hopefully the cowboys can bust him out of this obvious funk
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom