2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Joe Thomas. 7/84 - 44 guaranteed.

He's going to need to borrow Mittz's Brinks truck.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

JT is a beast.
Great to see the Brownies lock him up long term.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

No. Your not. They've been doing what you just did for 10 years now. Stop.

I dont care about the past. You like to talk about everything but the present bro. The bucs are young, the bucs have potential, the bucs are gonna do it one day, the packers were once like the bucs, the bucs will win the superbowl one day, the bucs the bucs blah blah. 
You sound really bitter. The Packers had the same record as the bucs they're not better than us wah wah wah wah I wanted to win the superbowl but the stupid packers won it. Your right, you did have the same record as the Packers. You had the same record as the Packers 2nd and 3rd string sqaud. 

Point is we won the Superbowl. We are the best in the NFL right now. We are better than the Pats right now. Right now...RIGHT NOW, the Pats are trying to get on the Packers level. And thats no diss to Pats fans, its just that we won the Superbowl last year.

we havent won a superbowl in 7 years. 2004. we consistently win, but lately when it counts (january), we're not winning. 7 years ago is a long time...

Originally Posted by Jay02

No one is comparing the Packers to the Bucs, just saying that this guy shouldn't be using the Packers as an example like they are the Pats or something.
The Packers should be used as an example like they're the Pats or something. We just won the @*@+*%$ superbowl 
roll.gif

This is why the Packers have the best chance at repeating. They are not like previous superbowl winners. We won with half our team injured, our team has improved in the off-season more than any other team without signing anybody (Jermichael, Grant, Burnett coming back, and Clay no longer playing a broken leg > all the eagles signings) yet somehow we're the underdogs. The Eagles are getting hunted, not us. Im not even mad, thats better for us. 

Yall do know that everytime the Packers have gone to the Superbowl they've made it back the next year right. We're going back this year. Idk where the Packers all of a sudden got deemed as lucky or got hot at the right time, but not a good team, one that cant keep up with the Pats even though our backup almost beat them. 

I might be over reacting but cmon son, we're ACTING like we're the Pats 
laugh.gif
 We ARE like the Pats.

Sorry but you are not the Pats...  That is a silly statement.  When I said "the Packers are not the Pats" I meant they have not been 10 year contenders and multiple super bowl winners.  They have a sick team now but repeats are tough...  You are counting your chickens way, way, way too early. The Packers were the best team last year but they haven't proven themselves yet as the class of the NFL in the way the Steelers and Patriots have been—even the Colts (all teams I hate by the way).  What makes you think they'll do any differently than the Saints or the Giants did after their wins?
Both of those teams had similar reasons (not the same but just as valuable in their fan's minds) to the ones you give as to why they had a good chance to repeat and they haven't been able to.  You know why?  NFL competition is sick and there are a good 6 or so teams every year that have the talent to win.  The Packers are right now in the 1-time winner category, not the super-elite dominant team category.  Sorry if you feel it's unfair considering that you won, but that's just the way this league works.

Originally Posted by 10027

No one is comparing the Packers to the Bucs, just saying that this guy shouldn't be using the Packers as an example like they are the Pats or something.
The Packers should be used as an example like they're the Pats or something. We just won the @*@+*%$ superbowl 
roll.gif

This is why the Packers have the best chance at repeating. They are not like previous superbowl winners. We won with half our team injured, our team has improved in the off-season more than any other team without signing anybody (Jermichael, Grant, Burnett coming back, and Clay no longer playing a broken leg > all the eagles signings) yet somehow we're the underdogs. The Eagles are getting hunted, not us. Im not even mad, thats better for us. 

Yall do know that everytime the Packers have gone to the Superbowl they've made it back the next year right. We're going back this year. Idk where the Packers all of a sudden got deemed as lucky or got hot at the right time, but not a good team, one that cant keep up with the Pats even though our backup almost beat them. 

laugh.gif
 We ARE like the Pats.
Sorry but you are not the Pats...  That is a silly statement.  When I said "the Packers are not the Pats" I meant they have not been 10 year contenders and multiple super bowl winners.  They have a sick team now but repeats are tough...  You are counting your chickens way, way, way too early. The Packers were the best team last year but they haven't proven themselves yet as the class of the NFL in the way the Steelers and Patriots have been—even the Colts (all teams I hate by the way).  What makes you think they'll do any differently than the Saints or the Giants did after their wins?
Both of those teams had similar reasons (not the same but just as valuable in their fan's minds) to the ones you give as to why they had a good chance to repeat and they haven't been able to.  You know why?  NFL competition is sick and there are a good 6 or so teams every year that have the talent to win.  The Packers are right now in the 1-time winner category, not the super-elite dominant team category.  Sorry if you feel it's unfair considering that you won, but that's just the way this league works.

Neo my god, the one time winner category? 
laugh.gif
 Where do you get this ++!* from.
I dont understand how hard it is to grasp that right now the Packers are the best team in the NFL WITH a friggin Superbowl to show for it.

Right now we are the most dominant team in the league. Right now we are the most super elite team in the league. Sorry if its unfair for whatever team you root for but the Packers won the Superbowl last year and thats just the way it works. When you win the Superbowl you're recognized as the best team in the NFL. How does it work that way? Cause we won the %#@!!%! superbowl 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 10027

roll.gif

laugh.gif
 We ARE like the Pats.
Neo my god, the one time winner category? 
laugh.gif
 Where do you get this ++!* from.
I dont understand how hard it is to grasp that right now the Packers are the best team in the NFL WITH a friggin Superbowl to show for it.

Right now we are the most dominant team in the league. Right now we are the most super elite team in the league. Sorry if its unfair for whatever team you root for but the Packers won the Superbowl last year and thats just the way it works. When you win the Superbowl you're recognized as the best team in the NFL. How does it work that way? Cause we won the %#@!!%! superbowl 
roll.gif
Didn't say they didn't earn the right to be called the best team for another few weeks...  Did argue they aren't suddenly the best franchise in the league right now...  That honor goes to others.
By your way of thinking the Mavericks would be a better franchise than the Lakers because they won last year.  

Originally Posted by Buc Em

No. Your not. They've been doing what you just did for 10 years now. Stop.

I dont care about the past. You like to talk about everything but the present bro. The bucs are young, the bucs have potential, the bucs are gonna do it one day, the packers were once like the bucs, the bucs will win the superbowl one day, the bucs the bucs blah blah. 
You sound really bitter. The Packers had the same record as the bucs they're not better than us wah wah wah wah I wanted to win the superbowl but the stupid packers won it. Your right, you did have the same record as the Packers. You had the same record as the Packers 2nd and 3rd string sqaud. 

Point is we won the Superbowl. We are the best in the NFL right now. We are better than the Pats right now. Right now...RIGHT NOW, the Pats are trying to get on the Packers level. And thats no diss to Pats fans, its just that we won the Superbowl last year.

Are you saying that stuff about the Bucs or are you claiming that I said it? Because I never said any of those except that just last year the Packers were the team that was young and full of potential. The only other thing I said about the Bucs was in response to the guy that said that "the Bucs don't even belong in the same sentence as the Packers" when we both had the same record and the only reason why you guys even made it into the playoffs was because of a tiebreaker with us. "The most super elite team in the league", "the Patriots are trying to get on the Packers level", "the Packers played their 2nd and 3rd string squad last year" 
roll.gif
Injuries are apart of the game buddy....almost our entire starting offensive and defensive lines were out for the season, our top CB was out the last 5 games of the year, our top safety was suspended for the year, Kellen Winslow practiced like one time all year because of a bum knee, and we were still the first team ever to start 10 rookies and have a winning record. Which just so happened to be the same record as your super elite, unstoppable, iconic, Super Bowl winning squad.

Larry Johnson signs with the Dolphins. Last I remember hearing his name, the guy was DJ'ing at a lounge here in Seattle last year. Wasn't sure if serious. He fell off quick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...son-joins-dolphins?module=HP11_headline_stack

DAVIE, Fla. -- For one-time workhorse Larry Johnson, the handoffs stopped coming nearly a year ago. He says he learned his lesson waiting for another chance to carry the ball.

Johnson signed Tuesday with the Miami Dolphins and knows he must quickly make a good impression, including off the field, where repeated missteps derailed his career. "It's kind of hard to convince anybody with my colorful background that, yeah, I've changed," said Johnson. "But you change with every situation you go through. You know that you can't get many more shots. You do the best you can with your opportunity and ride on out to the sunset."

Johnson sat out most of 2010 after being released by the Washington ******** last September. He twice made the Pro Bowl and has career
rushing totals of 6,221 yards and 55 scores, but his most recent touchdown came in 2008.

He was drafted in the first round by Kansas City in 2003, and his time there was marred by off-field problems, including two suspensions in his final 12 months with the team. The Chiefs released him in 2009 after he posted a gay slur on his Twitter account and questioned the competence of coach Todd Haley.

Johnson cited his background as the reason he remained out of work this summer until almost four weeks into training camp.

"I don't think it had anything to do with talent," he said. "I understand you want your best guys to represent the organization. You go with the guy with the cleaner slate. That's what I realized going through this process. All you can do is be thankful for one little shot."

Miami coach Tony Sparano made the acquisition of Johnson sound very much like a tryout. Sparano said conversations with Johnson convinced the Dolphins he was worth the risk.

"I think he's at a different place in his career," Sparano said. "It's no secret -- I don't think there are many more opportunities. The guy has a chance
to make an impression, and hopefully he uses that to the best of his ability."

With the addition of Johnson, the Dolphins hope to upgrade their depth behind Reggie Bush and rookie Daniel Thomas. The team waived
running back Kory Sheets, who missed all of last season with an Achilles tendon injury.

[table]

[tr]
[td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Before signing Johnson, Miami worked out at least two other veterans, Tiki Barber and Clinton Portis. When asked why the Dolphins added Johnson after declining to re-sign Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams, Sparano said: "This is a different role totally. ... I'm not asking him to be anything more than he
is. I'm not asking him to be the man. I just want him to come in and be a piece on this team."

Johnson, who lives in nearby Miami Springs, said he has only been hurt once in his career and feels fresh at age 31.

"It's a great opportunity to get my career back on track," he said. "Obviously I have to impress the coaches. I have two preseason games. Hopefully
if I impress them enough, I can find a role."

Johnson's best years were 2005-06 with the Chiefs, when he had consecutive 1,750-yard seasons and ran for a total of 37 touchdowns.

After they released him in November 2009, he played in seven games as a reserve in Cincinnati. He signed a three-year, incentive-laden contract with
Washington in March 2010, but gained only 2 yards on five carries in two games before being cut by the ********.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

Can't believe they prefer LJ over Clinton. Hope someone signs CP and he in turn can have a solid season contributing.

McKinnie to the Ravens. Baltimore is stuck with the big slop for the year. Won't be effective until mid-season. If that.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6889527/bryant-mckinnie-baltimore-ravens-agree-two-year-deal

OWINGS MILLS, Md. --  The Baltimore Ravens and offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie have agreed on a two-year deal, pending him passing a physical.

The deal can be worth up to $7.5 million and includes a $1 million signing bonus, a source familiar with the deal told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

McKinnie was cut in training camp by the Minnesota Vikings after he reported overweight. He played nine seasons for the Vikings, starting in 131 games.

"He's been a productive player at one of the hardest positions to play and he has been in sync with Matt Birk when Matt was a Viking," Ravens general
manager Ozzie Newsome told the team's official website. It is uncertain whether McKinnie will play on the right or left side with Baltimore. Michael Oher played left tackle last season, and this summer the right side has been handled  by rookie Jah Reid and veteran Mark LeVoir.

Either way, McKinnie could end up being a starter if he passes Wednesday's physical.

Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis says McKinnie "will make us better."McKinnie wrote on Twitter: "I'm out on the 1st flight smoking 2morrow am.
Let's Get it!"

The Vikings drafted McKinnie out of Miami in 2002, picturing him as the next great left tackle in the NFL. He held out for half of his rookie season, but immediately stepped in as the starter after signing his contract.

Incredibly agile for a guy who is 6-foot-8 and over 340 pounds, he helped make things easier for Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson and was partially responsible for six of the top eight rushing seasons in franchise history.

He was voted to the Pro Bowl after the 2009 season, but he did not show up for practices and was scratched from the game, eventually having to pay back almost $5,000 in travel expenses to the league.

Last season he appeared to regress during a 6-10 year, and he admitted to being a little too heavy by season's end. He vowed to work hard in the offseason and return in top physical condition, but the lockout prevented him from staying in touch with coaches and doing any work at the team's facility in Minnesota.

He stayed at his home in Miami most of the offseason, working on his budding music career and tweeting prolifically about his social life on South
Beach.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Mays to the Bengals. Where all players go to fade to Bolivian

Nah, Oakland is where players go to fade into oblivian, or where careers go to die. Just 2 years ago the Bengals were in the playoffs.
The Raiders though have been irrelevant since 02/03. I almost forgot Taylor Mays even existed though. Did he do ANYTHING last year?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 that is a good debate. I look at it this way, if I want a truck load of money immediately, but have no personal goals
or success until I leave, Oakland is the place to be.

Players go to Oakland to get paid, get high, party, trick Al Davis to giving them money they don't deserve and then leave to revive their career somewhere else.

Also Oakland is where the Pats pick up their yearly first round picks....

I bet that within 3 years that Al Davis dies, the Raiders get back to the AFC Championship. So bad, but damn...Holding on just too long.

Originally Posted by Law3001

Players go to Oakland to get paid, get high, party, trick Al Davis to giving them money they don't deserve and then leave to revive their career somewhere else.

Yearly first round picks huh?You obviously have no idea what your talking about.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I bet that within 3 years that Al Davis dies, the Raiders get back to the AFC Championship. So bad, but damn...Holding on just too long.

The second I heard TP was heading to the Black Hole
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Seriously Oakland is one of the worst places for any player with any hint of a issue. Its THEE worst situation Pryor could find himself in

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Yearly first round picks huh? You obviously have no idea what your talking about.

Um...you sure about that? Oakland always finds a way to give the Pats either a 1st round pick, or something else compatible in exchange for a turkey sandwich.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Yearly first round picks huh? You obviously have no idea what your talking about.

Um...you sure about that? Oakland always finds a way to give the Pats either a 1st round pick, or something else compatible in exchange for a turkey sandwich.

Only first round pick I can remember was for seymour. Seymour > the player the pats drafted with the first rounder

Back
Top Bottom