2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

MORALES WILL FIGHT MATTHYSSE FOR TITLE INSTEAD OF BARRIOS
Erik Morales will fight Lucas Matthysse instead of Jorge Barrios on the Floyd Mayeather Jr.-Victor Ortiz card on Sept. 17 in Las Vegas, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer confirmed.

Morales, ranked No. 3 by the WBC, was set to fight Barrios for the now-vacant WBC junior welterweight title but the unranked Argentine could not get the proper travel documents to enter the country, Schaefer said.

Matthysse, a Golden Boy fighter, is ranked No. 7 by the WBC and had no fight scheduled.

The title became vacant when the WBC designated titleholder Tim Bradley as “champion in recess

MORALES WILL FIGHT MATTHYSSE FOR TITLE INSTEAD OF BARRIOS
Erik Morales will fight Lucas Matthysse instead of Jorge Barrios on the Floyd Mayeather Jr.-Victor Ortiz card on Sept. 17 in Las Vegas, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer confirmed.

Morales, ranked No. 3 by the WBC, was set to fight Barrios for the now-vacant WBC junior welterweight title but the unranked Argentine could not get the proper travel documents to enter the country, Schaefer said.

Matthysse, a Golden Boy fighter, is ranked No. 7 by the WBC and had no fight scheduled.

The title became vacant when the WBC designated titleholder Tim Bradley as “champion in recess

My god what an undercard for the Mayweather fight.

I'm definitely ordering this fight for sure.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thacapt

pimp.gif
eek.gif

DAMN
morales just fought maidana... now matteyse? SMH ......he's a warrior tho.

Originally Posted by thacapt

pimp.gif
eek.gif

DAMN
morales just fought maidana... now matteyse? SMH ......he's a warrior tho.

Kelly Pavlik has pulled out of Saturday's fight against Darryl Cunningham over the money he was offered to face IBF super middleweight titleholder Lucian Bute in his next fight, Top Rank, Pavlik's promoter, has announced.

Pavlik’s move has forced Showtime to cancel its entire card, which was to take place in Pavlik's hometown of Youngstown, Ohio.

Bob Arum, chariman of Top Rank, was at a loss.

"Whether or not my relationship continues with Kelly Pavlik is not the issue. I'm very, very concerned about this young man," said Arum, who has endured Pavlik's alcoholism and his having pulled out of a fight with Paul Williams last year because of a staph infection in his hand.

"I consider the actions that he has taken at this point to be very, very bizarre. How can anybody book him in a fight when he acts in this manner? As far as the rest of it, I'm not going to concern myself with it."

Arum said that Pavlik (36-2, 32 knockouts) was to make a guaranteed minimum of $50,000 for fighting Cunningham. If he was victorious, he then would earn a minimum of $1.35 million to fight Bute in the fall as part of a 60-40 split in favor of Bute and his promoter, Jean Bedard.

"I am very disappointed,

Kelly Pavlik has pulled out of Saturday's fight against Darryl Cunningham over the money he was offered to face IBF super middleweight titleholder Lucian Bute in his next fight, Top Rank, Pavlik's promoter, has announced.

Pavlik’s move has forced Showtime to cancel its entire card, which was to take place in Pavlik's hometown of Youngstown, Ohio.

Bob Arum, chariman of Top Rank, was at a loss.

"Whether or not my relationship continues with Kelly Pavlik is not the issue. I'm very, very concerned about this young man," said Arum, who has endured Pavlik's alcoholism and his having pulled out of a fight with Paul Williams last year because of a staph infection in his hand.

"I consider the actions that he has taken at this point to be very, very bizarre. How can anybody book him in a fight when he acts in this manner? As far as the rest of it, I'm not going to concern myself with it."

Arum said that Pavlik (36-2, 32 knockouts) was to make a guaranteed minimum of $50,000 for fighting Cunningham. If he was victorious, he then would earn a minimum of $1.35 million to fight Bute in the fall as part of a 60-40 split in favor of Bute and his promoter, Jean Bedard.

"I am very disappointed,

Wow great undercard ..Canelo will get his shine on. I still got Ortiz to upset moneymay. Perhaps the biggest upset in 2011. Lets get it Ortiz
pimp.gif

Wow great undercard ..Canelo will get his shine on. I still got Ortiz to upset moneymay. Perhaps the biggest upset in 2011. Lets get it Ortiz
pimp.gif

This dude Pavlik is a $%%#$#% dope, it ain't 2008 anymore bud you don't sell like Kessler and you have no resume at 168.

This dude Pavlik is a $%%#$#% dope, it ain't 2008 anymore bud you don't sell like Kessler and you have no resume at 168.

Oh great, I guess Kelly was hitting the heavy bag (shots of tequila) and re-injured his nagging injury(alcoholism).

Oh great, I guess Kelly was hitting the heavy bag (shots of tequila) and re-injured his nagging injury(alcoholism).

Much respect to Morales for taking on Matthysse... that dude's heart can never be questioned
pimp.gif
Still, there goes El Terrible's opportunity for that fourth belt...Matthysse isn't only heavy-handed, he can box a little bit, as well. I think he works him.

If that happens that might set up a interesting unification fight between Matthysse and Kahn...

Much respect to Morales for taking on Matthysse... that dude's heart can never be questioned
pimp.gif
Still, there goes El Terrible's opportunity for that fourth belt...Matthysse isn't only heavy-handed, he can box a little bit, as well. I think he works him.

If that happens that might set up a interesting unification fight between Matthysse and Kahn...

I think if Guerrero wins, he gets Khan end of the year. If Maidana wins, I think they make Maidana/Matthyse and Khan just moves up. I don't think he's fighting Peterson.

I think if Guerrero wins, he gets Khan end of the year. If Maidana wins, I think they make Maidana/Matthyse and Khan just moves up. I don't think he's fighting Peterson.

The mayweather undercard is crazy, but Im kind of pissed its a split sight. Im going to the fight and would love to see Alvarez in person

Back
Top Bottom