2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Correct me if I'm wrong...but usually when the boxer lands more punches...they end up winning?

Not all the time homie Benard Hopkins out punched Jermain Taylor in two fights and lost them both.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Correct me if I'm wrong...but usually when the boxer lands more punches...they end up winning?

Not all the time homie Benard Hopkins out punched Jermain Taylor in two fights and lost them both.

Can we kill all this robbery talk, please?
Paqcuiao threw and landed more punches. He was also the aggressor most of the fight. Add that to the fact that Marquez started coasting in the later part of the fight...this wasn't a robbery.
This was, however, a extremely close fight that could have went either way.I found most of the rounds very hard to score. So much so that I had round 9 even (how'd y'all score it?)At the end I had Manny winning 116-113.
A lot of close rounds but I just fell like Marquez started coasting at the end and I gave a lot of the close rounds to Manny because of his work rate.
I'll say this though: Marquez, at times, looked spectacular. I feel bad for him beacuse with 36 rounds in the books they fought about as even as you can get.
Also, the rounds were mostly close, however, there were two dominate rounds, 5 and 7 I belive, and they both were won by Marquez.

Paqcuiao threw and landed more punches. He was also the aggressor most of the fight. Add that to the fact that Marquez started coasting in the later part of the fight...this wasn't a robbery.
This was, however, a extremely close fight that could have went either way.I found most of the rounds very hard to score. So much so that I had round 9 even (how'd y'all score it?)At the end I had Manny winning 116-113.
A lot of close rounds but I just fell like Marquez started coasting at the end and I gave a lot of the close rounds to Manny because of his work rate.
I'll say this though: Marquez, at times, looked spectacular. I feel bad for him beacuse with 36 rounds in the books they fought about as even as you can get.
Also, the rounds were mostly close, however, there were two dominate rounds, 5 and 7 I belive, and they both were won by Marquez.

Originally Posted by Milkman Dead

This was, however, a extremely close fight that could have went either way. I found most of the rounds very hard to score. So much so that I had round 9 even (how'd y'all score it?) At the end I had Manny winning 116-113.
I'll say this though: Marquez, at times, looked spectacular. I feel bad for him beacuse with 36 rounds in the books they fought about as even as you can get. Also, the rounds were mostly close, however, there were two dominate rounds, 5 and 7 I belive, and they both were won by Marquez.
No marquez got robbed tonight what fight were u watching

This was, however, a extremely close fight that could have went either way. I found most of the rounds very hard to score. So much so that I had round 9 even (how'd y'all score it?) At the end I had Manny winning 116-113.
I'll say this though: Marquez, at times, looked spectacular. I feel bad for him beacuse with 36 rounds in the books they fought about as even as you can get. Also, the rounds were mostly close, however, there were two dominate rounds, 5 and 7 I belive, and they both were won by Marquez.

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

I think he was watching Manny vs Barrera or something. Manny vs Clottey? Manny vs Margarito?

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

I think he was watching Manny vs Barrera or something. Manny vs Clottey? Manny vs Margarito?

This was, however, a extremely close fight that could have went either way.I found most of the rounds very hard to score. So much so that I had round 9 even (how'd y'all score it?)
People are just emotional fans of the sport. Nothing wrong with that, and it's no different than people talking **!# after nfl games, saying they only won bc of refs, mistakes, etc... For whatever reason, boxing fans tend to get more passionate (probably bc ppl bet $ on fights, and I guess some ppl get more attached to individual fighters than teams sometimes), but nothing wrong with that. I'd rather people see people care about the sport than just say, 'good fight' and not have an opinion. There are problems sometimes tho just like in all sports discussions like in the other thread, where there's alot of dumb, ignorant, and racist comments in there. I love boxing, and it's good when fans genuinely care about their teams/fighters, but when it gets to name calling and people catching feelings trying to insult each other over stupid **!#, it's painful to read through.

I wouldn't go as far to say Marquez was 'robbed', thought it was a 114-114 draw. I would say that the rds marquez won, were by a wider margin than the rds that pacquiao won, and if you were to say, who won 'the fight' without the traditional boxing scoring system, and just straight up A or B, you'd probably say Marquez. That being said, it was a close fight and I can see why people would be mad about the result given the hard-luck loss Marquez had in the 2nd fight (thought he lost that one, though). Marquez fought a hell of a fight, and really couldn't have done anything more. Pacquiao played right into his strategy and he was able to counter him diving in. I thought Pacquiao would've tried to bully him and crowd him, but it really just looked like he couldn't time a way inside, use angles, or use a jab (which he never really uses to get inside anyway). I think people would pay to see a 4th fight between the 2, but I can't see Pacquiao's team OR Mayweathers' team passing up what could be >50 mil each for both of them.

This was, however, a extremely close fight that could have went either way.I found most of the rounds very hard to score. So much so that I had round 9 even (how'd y'all score it?)
People are just emotional fans of the sport. Nothing wrong with that, and it's no different than people talking **!# after nfl games, saying they only won bc of refs, mistakes, etc... For whatever reason, boxing fans tend to get more passionate (probably bc ppl bet $ on fights, and I guess some ppl get more attached to individual fighters than teams sometimes), but nothing wrong with that. I'd rather people see people care about the sport than just say, 'good fight' and not have an opinion. There are problems sometimes tho just like in all sports discussions like in the other thread, where there's alot of dumb, ignorant, and racist comments in there. I love boxing, and it's good when fans genuinely care about their teams/fighters, but when it gets to name calling and people catching feelings trying to insult each other over stupid **!#, it's painful to read through.

I wouldn't go as far to say Marquez was 'robbed', thought it was a 114-114 draw. I would say that the rds marquez won, were by a wider margin than the rds that pacquiao won, and if you were to say, who won 'the fight' without the traditional boxing scoring system, and just straight up A or B, you'd probably say Marquez. That being said, it was a close fight and I can see why people would be mad about the result given the hard-luck loss Marquez had in the 2nd fight (thought he lost that one, though). Marquez fought a hell of a fight, and really couldn't have done anything more. Pacquiao played right into his strategy and he was able to counter him diving in. I thought Pacquiao would've tried to bully him and crowd him, but it really just looked like he couldn't time a way inside, use angles, or use a jab (which he never really uses to get inside anyway). I think people would pay to see a 4th fight between the 2, but I can't see Pacquiao's team OR Mayweathers' team passing up what could be >50 mil each for both of them.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by MAKITA

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Who said that to you?
Tim told me I know nothing about boxing.
Tried to test him on his boxing knowledge, he couldn't name Sam Langford, David Reid, and Harry Greb.

laugh.gif

U still mad bruh? I wasn't playing ur corny name that boxer game my dude.
You guys.
This translates into: "I had no idea who those 3 boxers were, I know nothing about boxing and it's history".

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by MAKITA

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Who said that to you?
Tim told me I know nothing about boxing.
Tried to test him on his boxing knowledge, he couldn't name Sam Langford, David Reid, and Harry Greb.

laugh.gif

U still mad bruh? I wasn't playing ur corny name that boxer game my dude.
You guys.
This translates into: "I had no idea who those 3 boxers were, I know nothing about boxing and it's history".

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom